• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole 'Gerrard should be used like Lampard' isn't possible at our club unfortunately. We don't have the Chelsea/City money to be paying a supersub 150k per week.

The whole 'Gerrard should be used like Lampard' isn't possible at our club unfortunately. We don't have the Chelsea/City money to be paying a supersub 150k per week.

Totti took a massive paycut. Gerrard could have followed suit.

Disagree.. maybe if you compare to Borini but we saw his rushed shot at the end today. He isn't anymore.

Ah come on - I didn't say he's composed every time he shoots - every one snatches at a shot from time to time - Sterling, Coutinho & Ballotelli more than most.

Gerrard's decision leaves Rodgers to sink or swim. To let an icon like Gerrard leave the club means he'd better be successful as he's now on his own.

I think Rodgers will be glad to be free of the presence that Gerrard brings. However, I'm worried we're going to be left with a pretty uninspiring set of 'team' players. When Jordan Henderson is Liverpool captain, it's pretty uninspiring. He's a nice lad and a decent player but not the calibre required.

Of course Poulsen was a disaster. He lost his powers many years before we bought him. That said I think most players would have struggled at that position on that team at that particular time.

He was still a better DM than Gerrard, as much as you all hate to hear it - when we were off the ball.

I simply cannot believe we are debating Poulsen. Just as I could never believe we actually signed the fucker.

We were always off the ball when he played because the useless Danish turd couldn't pass the ball 5 yards.

Of course Poulsen was a disaster. He lost his powers many years before we bought him. That said I think most players would have struggled at that position on that team at that particular time.

He was still a better DM than Gerrard, as much as you all hate to hear it - when we were off the ball.
Yeah. I often sat there, in that free seat (free cos no fucker who paid for their season ticket could bear to watch us anymore & I lived close enough to go short notice cos no one would buy at any price) watching us losing to shite teams, struggling to retain possession whilst Woy rubbed his face & the fans groaned, marvelling at Poulsen's positioning when the opposition attacked at will.

Wiberg's right in saying that Poulsen was formerly a decent DM who was markedly on the wane when he signed for us.

The rest is bollocks!

Christ. Saying that Poulsen was a better DM than Gerrard didn't mean he wasn't shite for us!!

I fear I'm fighting a lost cause. Gerrard is the best DM we ever had. Even without any education he was amazing in his positional awareness.

Rarely have we seen such a natural.

Christ. Saying that Poulsen was a better DM than Gerrard didn't mean he wasn't shite for us!!

I fear I'm fighting a lost cause. Gerrard is the best DM we ever had. Even without any education he was amazing in his positional awareness.

Rarely have we seen such a natural.

Well you are when it comes to Poulsen.

I watched him play for Sevilla and cover Alves ass when he went wandering. He was good there. At Liverpool he was awful... yes, even more awful than your pet hate project Gerrard.

Poulsen was actually alrightish at Ajax after us. He was awful for us though. Plessis had more decent games so he is behind him.

At no point did I say Stevie was a better DM though. Pretty sure I said he was not playing as a DM.

He isn't playing as an ordinary DM when we are in possession. He is granted much more inclusion than any ordinary DM etc etc.

But when we are off the ball you can not in any serious manner tell me that he isn't playing next to Lucas with exactly the same defensive responsibilities as Lucas and is required to cover what a normal DM would be asked to cover.

Just asking like, because that is what has caused all the problems defensively...

Well you are when it comes to Poulsen.

I watched him play for Sevilla and cover Alves ass when he went wandering. He was good there. At Liverpool he was awful... yes, even more awful than your pet hate project Gerrard.

He was ace at Sevilla for many seasons. Spot on.

Google 2004 Totti and see the clips where Totti spits directly in Poulsens face twice in frustration.

The worst part was that Poulsen asked for Totti's shirt after the match!

I never got Woy's signings.. He was the first manager we had in years, in which I knew any signing he would make would be shit..

When he signed the players he did, with the exception of Meireles I was like.. meh..

Completely uninspired..

Indeed. He was (and is) a small-timer promoted above his true level. Ultimately it isn't a surprise his signings followed the same pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom