• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Masters

His putting has been his achilles heel of late.
Not what you need heading to Georgia.

I don't think he will make top ten.

Some of the experts this week were saying that form isn't that important coming to Augusta, course knowledge is key.

Based on that you'd have to give Tiger a chance, but he's been well below his best for far too long now to expect him to come back to top form at Augusta.

Butch Harmon was on Irish radio yesterday and is very sweet on some of his own players - Watney and Dustin Johnson. He says both have the game to succeed at Augusta, but recognises that both have lost a major having led on the last day.

He reckons Mickelson will be there or thereabouts too because his short game is so good.

I have no idea who will win but I know it won't be Tiger. Although for interest's sake I hope he makes a run. And gets his game back on track in general.

I see those Sky cunts have exlusive screening rights to it over here >:(

Setanta have been advertising it too. I bet it's not on the freeview one though

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=44796.msg1310242#msg1310242 date=1301943003]
Setanta have been advertising it too. I bet it's not on the freeview one though
[/quote]It is on the freeview one actually. Happy days ;D

Tiger stats: 107th in putting, 52nd in GIR and he hits only 1 in 2 fairways.

He hasn't a hope.

It's a better value bet than him to win it for me. He'll probably make the cut and finish well down the field

Mickelson rightly starts as favourite and Tiger is only second favourite on history.

That said I reckon it willl be a midlle ranking American that will win, probably one without a major title already.
The names Steve Stricker and Hunter Mahan come to mind at the moment, as players who are on decent form I think and are probably good enough to win a major or two.

No to kaymer, his natural shot shape is left to right and Augusta favours a draw.

Plus his short games whilst ok, isn't good enough for the masters.

I'm certainly no golf expert but like a flutter on an outsider and therefore I've stuck £20 on Robert Karlsson at 210/1.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=44796.msg1311107#msg1311107 date=1302083131]
Anyone fancy Kaymer this week?
[/quote]
I don't know about Kaymer.
He has been magnificent the last season or two but I wonder has he got a major in him.

He was very average in the Ryder Cup, which was probably his biggest challenge to date.

I have this feeling that he is going to be one of those players who win big while in top form for a few years and then fade away quickly a la Curtis Strange, David Duval etc.

[/quote]

I think he's failed to make the cut on his 3 previous visits which doesn't fill me with confidence. He's a fine player though.

I've decided to back three in it. My main two being Dustin Johnson and Steve Stricker plus a small bet on Rickie Fowler

[quote author=the count link=topic=44796.msg1311167#msg1311167 date=1302090401]
[/quote]

He has been magnificent the last season or two but I wonder has he got a major in him.

[/quote]

Yes, he's already won one the US PGA

[quote author=Dahuge link=topic=44796.msg1311284#msg1311284 date=1302106492]
[quote author=the count link=topic=44796.msg1311167#msg1311167 date=1302090401]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, he's already won one the US PGA
[/quote]Doh! ::)
another major

Come on Rory. I've been waiting him to lose it, but he has been sooo smooth. I'd love him to do it for our wee cuntree.

Back
Top Bottom