• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Merseyside Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Kick off: Wed, 04/12 - 20:15 GMT
Venue: Anfield

That time of the year again when Everton suddenly decide to start looking like a premier League football team.

Last time we played them they took 2 points from us and halted our title challenge. I hope we carry a grudge going into this game.

Front 3 needs to get going again. Salah was subbed early today so he should be fresh. Mane is still in form but Firmino, despite his goal last week, needs to do more imo.

In midfield, I expect Milner to start for some reason. Ox was OK today but didn't impress.

85% of Everton's goals come from open play and they usually attack on the right side, despite Richarlison playing on the left wing. Walcott will probably start on the right wing.
Everton might just start Richarlison upfront in this game in order to hit us on the counter.

Key players are obviously Richarlison and Sigurdson.

They've conceded 7 out 20 goals this season from set pieces so it might be something we could exploit.

Notable potential absentees (currently):
Delph
Schneiderling
Walcott
Coleman

Our line up:

Adrian

TAA
Lovren
Van Dijk
Robbo

Milner
Hendo
Wijnaldum

Usual front 3

Bonus:

Last edited:
Interesting when you put it like that

Lovren isn’t known for lasting a long time game after game. Wasn’t there a stat that he’d never started more than 6 games in a row due to form or injury before last season?

We need to protect whenever possible and giving Gomez minutes at Cb is never a bad idea. We will need him sharper than he has been.

Lovren isn’t known for lasting a long time game after game. Wasn’t there a stat that he’d never started more than 6 games in a row due to form or injury before last season?

We need to protect whenever possible and giving Gomez minutes at Cb is never a bad idea. We will need him sharper than he has been.
Didn't know that

That stat is actually he's only reminded fit for more than 6 games twice in his Liverpool career.

Still pretty shocking that stat though.

Also agree that we need Gomez to get in matches at cb cos we need him ready to fill in. I'd be surprised if he plays him on Wednesday, but not massively so.

Think it's more likely he'll do so against Bournemouth though, esp with Adrian playing the derby, changing a CB & keeper same game is asking for trouble.

That stat is actually he's only reminded fit for more than 6 games twice in his Liverpool career.

Still pretty shocking that stat though.

Also agree that we need Gomez to get in matches at cb cos we need him ready to fill in. I'd be surprised if he plays him on Wednesday, but not massively so.

Think it's more likely he'll do so against Bournemouth though, esp with Adrian playing the derby, changing a CB & keeper same game is asking for trouble.

He’s trying to rotate where he can and a home game against Everton is a good shout imo.

Can’t see Everton having piles of chances but could hit us on the break. Gomez’s pace will be an asset but fuck knows.

Wouldnt mind Keita starting on Wednesday. But Milner will have to start, we need his energy and passion in the derby.

With Fabs out for a while i think it’s important we are strict on having that most attacking role filled by an actual AM like Ox, Shaq, Lallana. Throughout this period i hope that we only rotate Hendo, Gini & Millie through the two deeper roles and support with one of the former names mentioned.

For this one I’d keep Hendo & Gini with Ox. Save Millie for the trip to the south coast

With Fabs out for a while i think it’s important we are strict on having that most attacking role filled by an actual AM like Ox, Shaq, Lallana. Throughout this period i hope that we only rotate Hendo, Gini & Millie through the two deeper roles and support with one of the former names mentioned.

For this one I’d keep Hendo & Gini with Ox. Save Millie for the trip to the south coast

That makes sense, although I'm never going to argue too much for a player like Milner starting the Derby. Winning midfield is so crucial in that sort of game, which is why Keita should never be close to starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom