• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"The Michael Laudrup One"

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the_khl

Not my creativity on display here, but Marca's headline in yesterdays paper after Swansea had taken home their first title ever.

He's firm favourite in Spain to take over from Mourinho as a voting last week amongst the Madrid supporters underlined, as a stunning 75% of the votes where given to Laudrup as their next manager.
More than 40,000 voted in the poll.

Anyways, made me wonder about the general opinion on here about Laudrup the manager? I know that a few liked my idea of Laudrup as our manager to take over from Kenny (at the top of my memory Oncy) whereas others thought he lacked the needed experience/results (which also made sense).

Has he so far merely followed in the footsteps of Rodgers or has he taken them even further forward?

Is his style similiar to Rodgers of last Season (didn't watch Swansea apart from their two encounters with us back then) or do they approach it differently?

They mix it up a little more than BR, so play the long ball more often.

He has also brought well. Hernedez (?) and of course michu, buy of the season.

Should stay another season and then would be a shoe in for arse job in 2014 when wenger leaves.

Laudrup has done a good job, but i think he's being overhyped a lot. I'd like to see how well they do next season when Michu gets marked a lot tighter next season.

He seems to have developed a track record of not staying too long at clubs. So wouldn't surprise me if he left in the summer. He stayed at Brondby for 4 years, but since then has never stayed more than one year at Getafe, Spartak Moscow and Mallorca.

I tipped him as next Chelsea boss a few months ago and people laughed

watch this space

If he's smart, he'll stay at Swansea - strengthen them and try and make a Europa League run. That experience will stand him in good stead for one of the bigger jobs.

Laudrup has done a good job, but i think he's being overhyped a lot. I'd like to see how well they do next season when Michu gets marked a lot tighter next season.

He seems to have developed a track record of not staying too long at clubs. So wouldn't surprise me if he left in the summer. He stayed at Brondby for 4 years, but since then has never stayed more than one year at Getafe, Spartak Moscow and Mallorca.
Managers are often hyped when they get a few results and it's no different this time around.

As you say he's not been at the same club for long so would be interesting to see if it this time will be any different. However, it will probably be difficult for him to turn down Real Madrid.

It's seems the British medias has chosen to like him, for now, and that can often accellerate all the hype too. He's got a great name in Spain obviously already, so that hasn't changed much.

With regards to Chelsea. To be honest, I doubt it. They don't seem a proper match and I am not sure he'd be tempted should they come calling. Arsenal seems a more obvious candidate imo.

Michu was the signing of the decade so far value wise.
I like Laudrup he looks the real deal Holyfield.

like Glen has mentioned , he's had decent starts at clubs like getafe and mallorca but moved on very quickly . From interviews in the past he doesn't strike me as a normal "football person" , he's too smart for that . As he says himself :

“I’ve already been there as a player. I know how it is. That’s maybe why I don’t have that ambition as a manager. I don’t need it,” he said. “I understand the ambition of Brendan Rodgers (his predecessor at Swansea) completely. The same with Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger.
“They are fantastic managers.
“But I don’t have any special dream or ambition to go to one of the really big clubs. I just try to do what I am good at as well as possible.
“I just hope that people can see the team I build – and appreciate it.
“Let’s say I set my sights on Manchester United or City, on Chelsea, Real Madrid or Juventus. After 10 years I make it – what I’ve been dreaming of all that time,” he said.
“I finish second in the league. I go out of the Champions League on penalties in the semi-final.
“I lose 2-1 in the domestic Cup final. The board come to me and say: ‘Michael, we’re sorry. But no trophy. Goodbye and thank you very much’.
“So, 10 years to get there. And after nine months I’m out! I’m not living like that.
“You can’t live like that.”

Even if he's not offered another job i'd be surprised if he's at swansea longer than 2 seasons .

If he's smart, he'll stay at Swansea - strengthen them and try and make a Europa League run. That experience will stand him in good stead for one of the bigger jobs.

If he's smarter though, he'll take the big job (if it's available and offered to him) while his value is high now. Who knows what could happen at Swansea next season - he might lose Michu to injury, the players could get complacent and think they've been there and done it, etc. Give a big club job a shot - if he gets just a good season, then his CV looks immensely better. If he doesn't, well, at least he's well compensated. I think the risk of losing his value at Swansea next season is higher than wrecking his CV with a big job.

Have always loved Laudrup. It was a joy watching him play some years back, and apparently a pretty decent manager as well.

And his hair...

There was a thread for him on here early in the season when Swansea looked surprisingly unaffected by the loss of Rodgers, possibly even improved. The noise surrounding him dipped with the results but it's not surprising he's being talked about again after a cup win but for me I don't think he's proven that much with Swansea. If he maintains a top 7 finish and a Europa league place at the end of next season I'll be impressed, he seems a decent guy to play for though.

Not sure tbh.
He did a good job at Getafe, was shocking at Spartak and Mallorca but is doing a good job now.
Should stay another year with Swansea, at least.

Dont think he's ready for Real yet.

Not sure tbh.
He did a good job at Getafe, was shocking at Spartak and Mallorca but is doing a good job now.
Should stay another year with Swansea, at least.

Dont think he's ready for Real yet.
He got a lot of credit at Mallorca mate. Few weeks after he arrived they got thrown out of Europe because of financial difficulties and lost their best players and where tipped for relegation.

Agree about Spartak though that was all a bit insane. Got fired because he wanted to pick the team himself.

He got a lot of credit at Mallorca mate. Few weeks after he arrived they got thrown out of Europe because of financial difficulties and lost their best players and where tipped for relegation.

Agree about Spartak though that was all a bit insane. Got fired because he wanted to pick the team himself.

He got credit for guiding them to 17th? 1 point above relegation and losing 50% of the games?
I'm sorry mate, but he wasnt good at Mallorca.

He has to be the coolest manager around.

If I were him I'd take the Madrid job while its being offered. Gotta be better than Swansea.

You know, I never would have guessed that KHL fancied Michael Laudrup to manage us. ;-)

I tipped him as next Chelsea boss a few months ago and people laughed

watch this space

Nobody actually read your post, they just laugh as a default to seeing you've typed anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom