• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Mo Contract Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect to see Bobby leave.

Though Karius, Woodburn (600k) and V.d.Berg are all out of contract this year and will leave, likely in addition to Millie (7.3m), Ox (6.25m 2023), Philips (3.4m 2023) and Origi (3.1m 2024), Rhys & Ojo. Circa 425,000 pw for inbounds and renewals.

These contracts expire in 2023 Adrian (3.0m), Mo (10.4m), Mane (5.2m), Keita (6.25m), Bobby (9.4m). I expect all to be renewed (Mo 5 yr, Mane 3 yr, Bobby 2 yr) bar Adrian, because we are simply short of bodies. There is an argument for one to leave but that would likely be based on offers. I'm happy for all three to stay at least another season or two, Mane & Bobby to be slowly rotated out to the bench for Diogo +1.

We're not going to get much back for Keita at the moment and he is a skilful player to have in the midfield group, I'd renew his contract and see where he goes over the next season or two.

V.d.Berg out of contract? Doesn't make sense ...

I accpet all things H&G done wrongbut what we won, or did not win was down to the managers...
I notice you wher quick to point out that they hired Hodgson, but was not Rafa there before him..? and he had money and the choice of players he choose.
What we did not win was down to him
There where many things wrong with H&G and the way they ran things, but at least they backed the manager money wise

Rafa was here years before H+G

You are overall and I am not agruing that they are not a lot better than the previous ones in pretty much every single other way. I just believe that H&G backed the manager funds wise more, a lot more than FSG

Did they? I mean, you've talked about net spend by Klopp above under FSG (for the whole period) but while H&G were in charge, with Benitez as manager, we spent about 150 million and brought in just over 125 million. That's using the link you provided.

Over three years that doesn't really sound like they invested more in the team to me.

The Mirror? They know fuck all about anything and just make up stories to fill column inches. Was it really worth quoting that piece of crap?

Star also reporting the same, and being quoted by Sky Sports, BBC Quoting the Mirror

But was does Karen the housewife from Carolina think about this?
I’m sure her analysis will be as interesting as her thougts about Covid.

He's worth 400k. We won't pay 400k. We're losing him this summer as we'll sell before he leaves on a free

One or the other. I just know he's not signing a new contract.
We'll sell. It's different to letting wijnaldum go on a free, as he's a shithouse ghost. Salah is one of the best players of the last decade, so we'd try and command a fee on him.

But was does Karen the housewife from Carolina think about this?
I’m sure her analysis will be as interesting as her thougts about Covid.
Is she in any way similar to the woman from Clontarf?

Well, if we forced to sell him we have to hope it isn't ONLY PSG who are able and willing to afford his wages. Otherwise they will probably be happy to wait for a year.

We know how this usually goes. I'm not sure we'll sell him in the summer. They said that about Can and Wijnaldum too.
FSG or whoever is in charge will probably figure that considering his transfer fee, it'll be cheaper to let him run his contract out and just let him go for free.

Last edited:
We know how this usually goes. I'm not sure we'll sell him in the summer. They said that about Can and Wijnaldum too.
FSG or whoever is in charge will probably figure that considering his transfer fee, it'll be cheaper to let him run his contract out and just let him go for free.

With can and wijnaldum though they werent currently the best player on the planet. What you're losing is more than just a guaranteed 20 goals a season. They might want to recoup some of the losses they'll make from losing him.

It's also the message it sends, as well as players who might fancy the prospect of playing here with Salah thinking they'll swerve it if he leaves. It's just shit from FSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom