• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The NBA Thread 2011/2012

Rajon Rondo is currently keeping Boston alive in the play-off's. Must be one of the top five PG's in the NBA.
Great game last night a bit disappointed that they let Miami back in to the game in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Rajon Rondo is currently keeping Boston alive in the play-off's. Must be one of the top five PG's in the NBA.
Great game last night a bit disappointed that they let Miami back in to the game in the 3rd and 4th quarter.
He's widely considered one of the top 5. The argument in fact is he would be number 1 if he could hit his free throws. A matter of huge importance for late game situations. Best passer of the ball of any PG, team first attitude who runs a team to perfection.

He's widely considered one of the top 5. The argument in fact is he would be number 1 if he could hit his free throws. A matter of huge importance for late game situations. Best passer of the ball of any PG, team first attitude who runs a team to perfection.

I don't think he's the best passer in the NBA - Kidd still holds that, despite his age. He's the best PG in the NBA, bar none. I can't believe Boston wanted to trade him - he is their franchise, and I loved his HT interview yesterday.

I don't think he's the best passer in the NBA - Kidd still holds that, despite his age. He's the best PG in the NBA, bar none. I can't believe Boston wanted to trade him - he is their franchise, and I loved his HT interview yesterday.
Nah, Lebron is the best passer; the height really helps him. Rondo is 2. I don't think Kidd has the athleticism to get to a lot of the passing opportunities that these guys do. And no one puts touch on their passes the way Rondo does. But yeah I agree with you I do think he is the best PG. But Paul and Rose have injury issue holding them back. And then there is always Parker. Criminally underrated scummy Tony Parker.

Nah, Lebron is the best passer; the height really helps him. Rondo is 2. I don't think Kidd has the athleticism to get to a lot of the passing opportunities that these guys do. And no one puts touch on their passes the way Rondo does. But yeah I agree with you I do think he is the best PG. But Paul and Rose have injury issue holding them back. And then there is always Parker. Criminally underrated scummy Tony Parker.

Rose is more of a scorer than PG though (Due to necessity I guess with the Bulls)
Paul is a great passer, but I think Rondo shades it. He's a far more dominant overall player Rondo (rebounds etc).
Tony Parker is great ... Not a great defender, or rebounder, but a great scoring PG.

Kidd can still pass the ball better than almost anyone.

Rose is more of a scorer than PG though (Due to necessity I guess with the Bulls)
Paul is a great passer, but I think Rondo shades it. He's a far more dominant overall player Rondo (rebounds etc).
Tony Parker is great ... Not a great defender, or rebounder, but a great scoring PG.

Kidd can still pass the ball better than almost anyone.
Yeah Kidd goes down in the list of all time great PGs. Glad he got his ring. He was the biggest star on those good NJ Nets teams. You can almost never overstate how great he was and is still very good.

Our local lad Thabo Sefolosha is playing very well in these playoffs for Thunder.
He had a great game in game 3

Sorry if this is a tad off topic but whats the deal with Rondo bringing the headband back. Didnt the rules state that if a headband is worn it has to have the league logo on it. They changed the rules because he kept wearing it with the logo upside down. I only noticed last night that his current one is just plain white with no logo? Have the rules changed again, just out of interest?

Thunder are one game away from winning the West. Spurs have lost 3 straight ... Let's see if they have what it takes to stop Durant, Westbrook & Harden in OKC

Whats with Westbrook and Durant's clothes during their post game press conferences? Westbrook wears the stupid shirts and glasses with no lenses, it makes me want to puke.

To prove my point.

russell%20westbrook%20collage.jpg

What a game by Boston!!!

Again Rondo with 13 assists, his shooting is terrible though.
KG proving why he's regarded as one of the best all-round centers in the league. I have a newly found respect for him.
Pierce with vital three-pointers.
Ray Allen, wrong player to foul at the end but it's quite evident that his legs are gone. Defensive liability.

Last chance for "The Big three". It's shows, these +30 year olds are giving it their all and Rondo is leading from the back. Can't believe that they were looking to trade him.

The legendary Bill Russell told Garnett when he joined the franchise that if he worked hard he'll win 2-3 NBA championships with Boston.
I hope it comes true.

You do realize he's not a center Modo? He's really adapted well this year to the role though - and in the playoffs? He's been a monster. I still remember when he was drafted out of high school ... Sheesh, how old am I?

I know that he was originally a forward but he's regarded as a center now and like you say he's been a monster in the play-offs.

Regarding your age I thought I saw Juwon howard on Miami's bench. My little brother was like, who?

Back to Celtics, I thought Pietrus had a good game as well.
To be honest I havent followed the nba so closesly for a long while, but I havent seen such a well coordinated starting 5, since the Bulls in the early 90s.

With Allen and Bass leaving I'd love to see them sign Nash, Deron Williams and Howard. Maybe even Billups.

I know that he was originally a forward but he's regarded as a center now and like you say he's been a monster in the play-offs.

Regarding your age I thought I saw Juwon howard on Miami's bench. My little brother was like, who?

With Allen and Bass leaving I'd love to see them sign Nash, Deron Williams and Howard. Maybe even Billups.

I think this is the first year he's played so much center - and it's due to injuries (Jermaine O'Neal I think) and losing their center last year (Perkins?). He's been excellent in the playoffs - but average during the regular season. Man, I still remember HS clips of him - he was fucking unreal (with another HS talent called Ronnie Fields, who had issues and never even made it to college ball). Did you know he grew 2 inches after he got drafted?

Juwan Howard ... Fab 5 ... That was a great team he was on in uni with Webber, Rose, King etc ...

I think Nash either re-signs with the Suns, or goes to Mavs/Heat. Deron Williams will either re-sign with Nets, or end up with his home town team (Mavs). Howard will probably stay with the Magic, though the Mavs want him bad - or he'll end up with the Lakers.

Billups would be a good shout, but they'd be wiser to re-sign Allen. Billups can't really play the 2, and let's be honest, Rondo will be playing 35-40 minutes a night in a regular 82 game season without a problem.

I think this is the first year he's played so much center - and it's due to injuries (Jermaine O'Neal I think) and losing their center last year (Perkins?). He's been excellent in the playoffs - but average during the regular season. Man, I still remember HS clips of him - he was fucking unreal (with another HS talent called Ronnie Fields, who had issues and never even made it to college ball). Did you know he grew 2 inches after he got drafted?

Juwan Howard ... Fab 5 ... That was a great team he was on in uni with Webber, Rose, King etc ...

I think Nash either re-signs with the Suns, or goes to Mavs/Heat. Deron Williams will either re-sign with Nets, or end up with his home town team (Mavs). Howard will probably stay with the Magic, though the Mavs want him bad - or he'll end up with the Lakers.

Billups would be a good shout, but they'd be wiser to re-sign Allen. Billups can't really play the 2, and let's be honest, Rondo will be playing 35-40 minutes a night in a regular 82 game season without a problem.

Man you're an expert.
Yeah most of them will resign but Howard is definitely looking to leave and if he doesn't join Boston he'll definitely join Lakers. They're in need of a center.
I love Ray Allen but they'd be better off letting him go, he's a shadow of his former self.
I'm certain KG will resign with Boston.
Imagine:

------Rondo---Nash
Pierce---Howard---Garnett

They'd be unbeatable.

Howard is definitely looking to leave and if he doesn't join Boston he'll definitely join Celtics.

Ha ha ha ... Nice one. Howard still has a year on his contract I think - he will be traded if he leaves, and I'm not sure the Celts have much bait.

------Rondo---Nash
Pierce---Howard---Garnett

They'd be unbeatable.

Playing two 1s would be terrible - both Nash and Rondo create, and keeping the ball away from one of them neglects their main strengths ... Nash will end up being the starting PG of Miami or Phoenix.

Ha ha ha ... Nice one. Howard still has a year on his contract I think - he will be traded if he leaves, and I'm not sure the Celts have much bait.

Playing two 1s would be terrible - both Nash and Rondo create, and keeping the ball away from one of them neglects their main strengths ... Nash will end up being the starting PG of Miami or Phoenix.

HAha I meant Lakers.

You're right about Nash and Rondo, a scoring guard would be the better option. Still think Allen should be replaced.

I have to ask, in the post match interview Garnett was complaining about "the owners" talking too much?
What's he talking about? The Chris Paul thing?

KG played SF and made his name at PF. I love his attitude; always trying to prove doubters wrong. Ray Allen is hurt otherwise he'll come back next year looking fine and sinking tres. Bostons big 3 are 3 of the best players of our generation. Rondo is awesome, everything you need from a PG, lacking the frills people are entertained by.

HAha I meant Lakers.

You're right about Nash and Rondo, a scoring guard would be the better option. Still think Allen should be replaced.

I have to ask, in the post match interview Garnett was complaining about "the owners" talking too much?
What's he talking about? The Chris Paul thing?
The Atlanta owner called him dirty in the last series. He's still angry about it.

Garnett has been great this post season, he's still no Tim Duncan though. He is a huge shit talker and can be really annoying, especially when he tries to act tough with the stare down and all.

The fact that he is a terrible low post offensive player speaks to how physically soft he is.

Did you see Garnett's push ups after getting fouled a few days ago ? I liked that. Lebron dominated last night. He was fucking amazing. It was a sight to be behold.

I'd love to see a Thunder / Heat finals myself. LeBron and Durant going against each other would be great to see.

I hope Boston win. They were my boyhood team when I played basketball myself. Larry Bird was a childhood hero.

Back
Top Bottom