• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The NextGen Series 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
FC Basel have chosen to withdraw from the NextGen Series 2012/13. All other 15 clubs from last season have continued with us + 9 new clubs.

Group 1: Barcelona, Tottenham, Olympiakos, Wolfsburg.

Group 2: Man City, Juventus, Paris St-Germain, Fenerbahce.

Group 3: Chelsea, Ajax, CSKA Moscow, Molde FK.

Group 4: Arsenal, Athletic Bilbao, Marseille, Anderlecht.

Group 5: Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund, Inter, Rosenborg.

Group 6: Sporting Lisbon, Celtic, Aston Villa, PSV Eindhoven.

Us vs Dortmund would be a great chance to try and snap up any of their good up and coming players.

The NextGen Series, the European competition showcasing football’s finest young stars, has today confirmed Serie A champions, Juventus Football Club, as the final club to sign up to the tournament for the upcoming season.

Commenting on Juventus’ participation in next season’s NextGen Series, Justin Andrews, the tournament’s co-founder said:
“Juventus FC are an exceptional club to complete the tournament’s 24 teams! We now have the champions of England, Italy, Germany, Holland, Greece, Norway and Scotland involved in the tournament and we’re eager to see who prove themselves as the future stars of European football.”

Juventus Academy Director, Giovanni Rossi, said: “Juventus will participate in the ‘NextGen Series’ tournament for the very first time, and we are delighted for the invitation. Our boys will give their all to honour the competition and the Bianconeri’s colours.”

Commenting on Dortmund’s participation in next season’s NextGen Series, Mark Warburton, the tournament’s co-founder said: “ Dortmund are a very exciting addition to the tournament and they have shown through their Bundesliga-winning side that they put a big emphasis on producing talent from their academy, with the likes of Mario Götze passing through their academy ranks in recent years. We look forward to them joining us for season 2 of the NextGen Series.”

Borussia Dortmund’s Academy Director, Lars Ricken said: “It’s a great honor to participate in the NextGen Series. We are delighted to see the competition taking off – it’s great exposure for our young players to experience such competitive football going by what I saw last season. Our players will compete with some of the brightest talents in Europe and I personally believe that they will grow stronger because of it.”

Steve Bould believes Arsenal’s participation in next season’s NextGen Series will prove to be an “invaluable” experience for the Club’s young players.

The under-19s tournament draws together 24 teams from around Europe to play in a competition that closely resembles the Champions League.

Its inaugural season was seen as a huge success, and Bould is delighted the Gunners will take part in the 2012/13 campaign.

“I went to watch a couple of the NextGen games this season and they were very high in quality,” he told Arsenal Player.

“It's something I think we need to be involved in and it is another learning curve because you are playing against European players.

“You do the things that the first teams do, the long travels and all the pre-match build-up. You are playing against some mighty big teams - Barcelona are in it this year - so I just think it will be invaluable.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom