• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Open

leftpeg

Well-Known
Anyone going? Me and Young Peggy are travelling up Thursday night to be there on the Friday. really looking forward to it.

Tips - Woods (obv), Mahan, Goosen and Poulter.

Turnberry isnt it?

How much you pay for tickets? (if you dont mind me asking)

[quote author=Piedro link=topic=34641.msg903785#msg903785 date=1247226531]
Turnberry isnt it?

[/quote]

Mrs Peg always gets mine for my birthday but I think it's £55 this year. Under 16s get in free when they're with a paying adult which is great. £55 to spend a day at the best golf event on earth is excellent value for money, particularly when you compare it to other big sporting events.

Oh and yes, Turnberry.

[quote author=leftpeg link=topic=34641.msg903794#msg903794 date=1247227096]
[quote author=Piedro link=topic=34641.msg903785#msg903785 date=1247226531]
Turnberry isnt it?

[/quote]

Mrs Peg always gets mine for my birthday but I think it's £55 this year. Under 16s get in free when they're with a paying adult which is great. £55 to spend a day at the best golf event on earth is excellent value for money, particularly when you compare it to other big sporting events.

Oh and yes, Turnberry.
[/quote]

Norman :D

When I got the tip for Glover in the last Major, it was my mate following a fella called Bob Buck's tips. He tipped Cabrera for the previous major too.

By chance I happened to hear him on Irish radio on Wednesday night.

He's going with Tiger this weekend, he also gave a long shot hope to some other American whose name escapes me at the moment.

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=34641.msg907689#msg907689 date=1247860805]
So he's wrong with Tiger then.
[/quote]

2 out of 3 ain't bad

IMO predicted a golf major winner is the hardest bet in sport. I know there will be favourites and what not, but really, it could be any old fucker.

I stuck a fiver on Watson for sentimental reasons at 25's. At this rate I may get a low enough price to lay him and ensure a profit either way! Who'd have thought it?

We had a brilliant day there yesterday and we were on the 18th when Watson holed that fantastic putt. Turnberry is simply stunning.

As for tomorrow, I can't decide who I want to win between Watson, Westwood and Fisher. I've always liked Watson and as a kid, it felt like he won the Open every year, which in the late 70s-early 80s, he very nearly did.

Call me sentimental but I want Watson to win. Although I've nothing against Westwood or Fisher. I have a feeling the Goose isnt done yet too.

4 hole playoff between Cink and Watson.

Cink's got to be favourite now, though a shame Watson couldn't finish it on the 18th.

Back
Top Bottom