• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Open

leftpeg

Well-Known
I'm heading up there on Friday and I can't wait. I've always been a big fan of Tom Watson but part of me is hoping he misses the cut so I get to see his final round at The Open. My tips for the week are Mickelson, Scott and Rose.

Poulter at 80/1 might also be worth a fiver each way.

Shane Lowry has went from 125/1 to 33/1 after his run in the US open. I was thinking of backing him at St. Andrews, but 33/1 is not just as attractive now.

Lowry could go very close especially if its super windy. He's par machine.

Speith and Fowler both have won this week so hopefully it will make for a great tournament with the top players all doing well.

Dustin is overpowering the course.
Driver and 9 iron on a par 5 is ridiculous.
Woods having an absolute mare.
Really hope the wind picks up because it's too easy for these big hitters so far.
My bets of Adam Scott and Louis Oosthuizen have their work cut out to get near Johnson or Speith.

Dustin is overpowering the course.
Driver and 9 iron on a par 5 is ridiculous.
Woods having an absolute mare.
Really hope the wind picks up because it's too easy for these big hitters so far.
My bets of Adam Scott and Louis Oosthuizen have their work cut out to get near Johnson or Speith.
Torrential rain and gale force winds tomorrow...when I'm there. Great.

Torrential rain and gale force winds tomorrow...when I'm there. Great.
Yeah the commentary team on the beeb are saying it will get very nasty in the afternoon tomorrow.
Will make for interesting viewing from an armchair.
You're fucked though.
All part of the experience I suppose.

Yeah the commentary team on the beeb are saying it will get very nasty in the afternoon tomorrow.
Will make for interesting viewing from an armchair.
You're fucked though.
All part of the experience I suppose.
This will be my ninth Open...and I reckon I've had two good weather days so far.

He can't do it though surely can he?
Spieth lurking menacingly again.
I have Oostheizen and Scott backed but I still want Dunne to win it.
Moment of the championship so far was yesterday when Dunne was in the thick stuff playing a 5 iron into the breeze and he sticks it to 6 feet.
Oostheizen turned to his caddy and started laughing.
Was brilliant.
Any ways is there a bigger choker in professional sport than Dustin Johnson.
He'd lose to a club player with a five shot lead down the stretch.
Ridiculous because it's basically pitch and putt for him.

I have Oostheizen backed e/w too. However, I didn't get him until thursday and he had dropped to 16/1.

Unreal. Thought Johnson would walk the play off after 2 birdies from 2. Oosthuizen just after fucking up.

Great Open.
Had it all.
That 4 putt on the 8th probably cost Spieth the championship and a probable grand slam.
Kid is a phenom.

Easily the best Major I've watched and that was without the world no1 or Woods making the cut.

So many were in with a chance with 18 to play and still about 10 with 9 to play.

Would have loved to have seen Leishman win it once Dunne or Harrington couldn't but still a great finish.

Back
Top Bottom