• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The "outcasts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
I don't get why we haven't sold either Markovic or Sakho. Doesn't anyone want them?

I think plenty of clubs might want them but they won't pay the fees we expect to get for them, especially when they can wait until just before the transfer window ends and then get them on loan. The last thing FSG want is for them to be unwanted by Klopp but still on the wage bill.

It's probably got a lot to do with them being willing to take a pay cut. I don't think wankobitch gives a shit about footy so he deffo won't.

I don't get why we haven't sold either Markovic or Sakho. Doesn't anyone want them?

The interest is there but no one seem willing to pay the inflated asking price.
They'll both be gone permanently before the Window closes. We'll get a decent fee for both.

Inflated asking price ?

In this market they're bargains

My guess is the wages. I think we pay far higher wages for average players than most other clubs in the PL. The other clubs may not want to disrupt their wage structure by matching Markovic's current LFC wages.

As for Sakho, our manager wouldn't even acknowledge the existence of Sakho, we have advertised all around the world we don't want him even if he is the last defender alive. So why would any club pay any money for him? They will wait till the last minute and try to get him on loan.

If we were to go back in for VVD, surely we'd try and send them Sakho the other way. As for Markovic, he'll have to go to some random greek league or something.
I'd expect us to get rid of a few more before the window shuts.

My guess is the wages. I think we pay far higher wages for average players than most other clubs in the PL. The other clubs may not want to disrupt their wage structure by matching Markovic's current LFC wages.

As for Sakho, our manager wouldn't even acknowledge the existence of Sakho, we have advertised all around the world we don't want him even if he is the last defender alive. So why would any club pay any money for him? They will wait till the last minute and try to get him on loan.

Yeah, he told the media, "we're fine, look, we have 4 CBs", failing to count Sahko. Klopp really hates him.

Yeah, wages is also an obvious factor. 16 mill for Markovic and 30 mill for Sakho are inflated asking prices, but we might get someone to pay close to that.

You really think high about how clubs and managers plan and prepare their seasons? You really think a club that i.e. need a solid cd in fight to avoid relegation wait till the last minute and then try to loan Sakho?

Markovich will go on loan to foreign clubs till his contract expires, he's shit and useless in the Prem.

I thought someone might fancy a punt at Sakho, but then I wouldn't pay 30M for him myself, regardless of transfer market insanity. Clearly Klopp will never look to use him so just get rid, as long as we get back what we paid.

Markovich will go on loan to foreign clubs till his contract expires, he's shit and useless in the Prem.

I thought someone might fancy a punt at Sakho, but then I wouldn't pay 30M for him myself, regardless of transfer market insanity. Clearly Klopp will never look to use him so just get rid, as long as we get back what we paid.

We are being attacked from both ends. And the center.

The Sakho situation is a black mark for Klopp in my opinion. He has handled the situation very badly publicly (he should have played him in some preseason games and talked him up to put him in the shop window), but also it seems, behind the scenes, as there has been apparently no attempts at reintegration. Klopp doesn't want him, but has done nothing to make him seem like an appealing investment. Clubs with 25m burning a hole in their pockets would be thinking this guy must be a fucking real problem for Klopp treat him this way.

The Sakho situation is a black mark for Klopp in my opinion. He has handled the situation very badly publicly (he should have played him in some preseason games and talked him up to put him in the shop window), but also it seems, behind the scenes, as there has been apparently no attempts at reintegration. Klopp doesn't want him, but has done nothing to make him seem like an appealing investment. Clubs with 25m burning a hole in their pockets would be thinking this guy must be a fucking real problem for Klopp treat him this way.

Which is made all the more ludicrous by the fact that Sahko is better than most of our current centre backs and could still contribute to the team. Markovic is just not good enough.

Which is made all the more ludicrous by the fact that Sahko is better than most of our current centre backs and could still contribute to the team. Markovic is just not good enough.
Sakho is better than most of our centre backs if you're talking about Gomez, Klavan and Lloyd Jones.

Agreed that it could have been handled diffrentley by Klopp, but I'm not sure I agree with the inclusion in pre season.
If a player is unwanted and wont be part of the squad, why waste game time on him that could be spent on someone who will be here. Same goes with tactical training and preperations.

We could however have lowered our valuation and agreed to a sale to Palace. 20 mill £ would be more than enough to get rid of him, and we could have closed that chapter.

Agreed that it could have been handled diffrentley by Klopp, but I'm not sure I agree with the inclusion in pre season.
If a player is unwanted and wont be part of the squad, why waste game time on him that could be spent on someone who will be here. r.
Markovic got games whilst we were actually negotiating with Fiorentina.

Markovic got games whilst we were actually negotiating with Fiorentina.

But Marcovic didn't take a shit when the team was supposed to start the team Meeting in US last year. Nor did he show up at John Lennon airport while the team met up at Melwood before flying off to US on same tour.... I guess Sakho just used his chances with Klopp somehow. Still strange we don't release for 20 M or so, but it might be that we still have to pay up abnorm part of future wages as well?

But Marcovic didn't take a shit when the team was supposed to start the team Meeting in US last year. Nor did he show up at John Lennon airport while the team met up at Melwood before flying off to US on same tour.... I guess Sakho just used his chances with Klopp somehow. Still strange we don't release for 20 M or so, but it might be that we still have to pay up abnorm part of future wages as well?

Last year. 12 months ago. Sahko is 10 times the player Markovic is and has actually contributed some important moments in a red shirt (particularly in the UEFA cup run for instance). And if we want to sell him, make him seem like a valuable commodity rather a piece of shit.

Markovic struck the crossbar a few times for Hull last season. The kids got talent, its a shame to see it go to waste.

I know it's a different case (one ability and the other disciplinary) but if Moreno can be given a chance to earn a place in the squad, why is Sakho being denied any sort of chance? Was his offence/mistake that serious? Has a point not been made by Klopp or the management by his freezing out last season?

I know it's a different case (one ability and the other disciplinary) but if Moreno can be given a chance to earn a place in the squad, why is Sakho being denied any sort of chance? Was his offence/mistake that serious? Has a point not been made by Klopp or the management by his freezing out last season?

From a guy I know who knows Sakho, so take it for what it is. But Sakho was given several warnings for Meeting up at wrong places and even delayed a couple of meetings during last years US tour. I think he pissed Klopp way off during the Whole trip so Klopp eventually sent him home. Sakho just wrapped his things up and went home with no more fuzz. Then Klopp tried to ship him off to loan last season with Sakho denying it as he wanted to fight for his place. I think he also fullfilled his contract well when training with the U23's by showing up and putting in the work. However before relegated to U23 Klopp told his agent that he would be given a proper chance if he changed the attitutde, only for Sakho to give Clear order that he wasn't here to "suck anyones Dick". So not easy to say but it seem Beyond repair and Sakho will not play for Klopp again accoridng to the same source.

When you gotta go you gotta go. I've been late for meetings before because of taking a dump....hardly a crime worth getting rid of for.

When you gotta go you gotta go. I've been late for meetings before because of taking a dump....hardly a crime worth getting rid of for.

I didn't say I agree, but he had obviously been pissing Klopp off the Whole tour. And he was not even fit to train during same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom