• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Ryder Cup

Bazza The Kopite

Active
Not long to go now. Thinking of taking Friday off so I don't miss a thing. Can't fookin wait for it.
Should be a very close contest, but I reckon Europe will win. The Europeans have been doing way better recently in the majors than this time 2 years ago. Harrington was the only consistent one really at that stage, but now with Kaymer and McDowell recent winners, and McIllroy in the hunt the last 2, it bodes very well for the Europeans. Not to mention how Lee Westwood has been playing!

I am off from thursday until wednesday, so going to camp on the couch all weekend. I am so excited I might have just done a bit of wee.

As for the golf, I think it will be really really close and am not so confident about our chances. I think we may have a few duffers in our side that will struggle to produce the goods under big pressure.

I do wonder does the course suit the big hitting Americans......

....... but I still think the Europeans have the beating of the them but it will depend alot on how the debutants get on.

The Molonari brothers both deserve ther places in the team but I am not over confident that they will produce the goods in the pressure cauldron that is the Ryder Cup.
Hanson is a bit of a weak link too in my opinion but sometimes with low expectations come surprisingly good results. Remember Philip Price beating Phil Mickelson with some of the best golf of his career in the 2002 Cup.

It will be fairly tight and even the weather if it turns bad could have a bearing as it might favour the Europeans a bit, but I expect a narrow wing for the Europeans, an unlikely hero and inevitably an Irishman holing the winning putt, probably G Mac.

[quote author=the count link=topic=42077.msg1184406#msg1184406 date=1285780716]

....... but I still think the Europeans have the beating of the them but it will depend alot on how the debutants get on.

The Molonari brothers both deserve ther places in the team but I am not over confident that they will produce the goods in the pressure cauldron that is the Ryder Cup.
Hanson is a bit of a weak link too in my opinion but sometimes with low expectations come surprisingly good results. Remember Philip Price beating Phil Mickelson with some of the best golf of his career in the 2002 Cup.

It will be fairly tight and even the weather if it turns bad could have a bearing as it might favour the Europeans a bit, but I expect a narrow wing for the Europeans, an unlikely hero and inevitably an Irishman holing the winning putt, probably G Mac.
[/quote]

Yes the Northern Irish men will do the biz.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=42077.msg1184553#msg1184553 date=1285794295]

[/quote]

Yes the Northern Irish men will do the biz.
[/quote]

Well seeing that they are memebers of the "Golfers union of Ireland" I thought that it would be ok to refer to them as Irishmen.
Guess I was wrong. :D

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure. I do know that all the lads from the north of Ireland always refer to themselves as 'Irish', which fits in with the counts post!

Anyway, enough with this. Less than 24 hours to go!

Apparently the legend Seve called and spoke to the team for about 10 minutes. Shame he's still not well enough to make the trip.

Announcement should be soon on when play will resume. I have no problem if there is none until after 5pm as my sky player has decided to fail at the most inconvenient moment!

Eur 4-6 USA

But up in ALL six of the matches currently on course. Fingers crossed we can close out at least 4 of them !

This thing is turning out to be a bit of a farce. No play till at least noon.

My kind offerings last night to get up at seven this morning with the kids giving herself a nice lie on has kinda backfired as there is no fucking golf to watch.

Singles will all be tomorrow. Finishing the foursomes and fourballs today, gutted as I am at a christening all afternoon.

How'd you do fractions, Livvy?

Eur 9.5 USA 6.5

Monty is going to load the top end tomorrow morning and go after them.
Westwood should be first up, no yank is going to stop him on this form.

It will be fairly tight and even the weather if it turns bad could have a bearing as it might favour the Europeans a bit, but I expect a narrow win for the Europeans, an unlikely hero and inevitably an Irishman holing the winning putt, probably G Mac.
[/quote]

Not a bad prediction even if I say so myself.
Well done to the Northern Irish man.
All of Ireland, Britan and Europe are very proud of him and all the team.

[quote author=the count link=topic=42077.msg1188345#msg1188345 date=1286202149]

It will be fairly tight and even the weather if it turns bad could have a bearing as it might favour the Europeans a bit, but I expect a narrow win for the Europeans, an unlikely hero and inevitably an Irishman holing the winning putt, probably G Mac.
[/quote]

Not a bad prediction even if I say so myself.
Well done to the Northern Irish man.
All of Ireland, Britan and Europe are very proud of him and all the team.
[/quote]

Yeh man, you should have put some money on it!

What a weekend of golf it was. Got no work done whatsoever today.
What a putt from G Mac on the 16th.

I normally hate this esp when its on the radio, but I really enjoyed five live commentary at the death.
Plus, always good to beat the Yanks

Back
Top Bottom