• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"The Secret Life of Rafa Benitez" - BBC Radio 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portly

Brittunculus
There was an interview with Rafa Benitez on BBC Radio 4's "Saturday Live" programme this morning (Saturday). The interview wasn't as revelatory as the title suggests. The format is that Rafa plays a game of chess with the interviewer JP Devlin and is prompted to discuss similarities between football management and chess tactics.

It was interesting to hear Rafa say how much he loves Liverpool (the weather isn't really all that bad) and he said that he regards Merseyside as his family's permanent home.

The programme should be available on the BBC iPlayer later - I think there is a delay before you can get to hear the programmes on iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zd700

The Benitez interview is around 9.15 i.e. about 15 minutes into the programme

I love it that he and his family have taken the city so much to their hearts. I just hope he can fully reconcile himself to the fact that he's not coming back to LFC, because there's not a snowflake's that FSG would hire him, or indeed that he could work happily in the kind of structure they want for the club.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=44538.msg1299015#msg1299015 date=1299925831]
I love it that he and his family have taken the city so much to their hearts. I just hope he can fully reconcile himself to the fact that he's not coming back to LFC, because there's not a snowflake's that FSG would hire him, or indeed that he could work happily in the kind of structure they want for the club.
[/quote]

The Wirral isn't the city.

I see no harm if Rafa wants to settle him and his family here myself. I don't even dislike the man quite the opposite. I'm fucked if I want him back at LFC though - well had enough of his "chess" tactics. Chess is fucking boring.

[quote author=QUADRASPAZ link=topic=44538.msg1299028#msg1299028 date=1299928148]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=44538.msg1299015#msg1299015 date=1299925831]
[/quote]

The Wirral isn't the city.
[/quote]

Get you kidda ;)

Rafa had his time and that's history. There's no way back. Period!

That he loves the club and the city is fantastic. Good man.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=44538.msg1299034#msg1299034 date=1299928446]
I see no harm if Rafa wants to settle him and his family here myself. I don't even dislike the man quite the opposite. I'm fucked if I want him back at LFC though - well had enough of his "chess" tactics. Chess is fucking boring.
[/quote]

Chess is aces!

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=44538.msg1299089#msg1299089 date=1299940513]
What if he went to Everton? How would you all feel about that?
[/quote]

He'd get my sympathies because it's clear then that he must've gone totally mad at last.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=44538.msg1299089#msg1299089 date=1299940513]
What if he went to Everton? How would you all feel about that?
[/quote]

I'd be friggin' delighted! I have been betting on the Blue Shite to go down for years! ;D

ONe of my wife's colleagues is from the Wirral; and takes great pains to state emphatically that he's NOT from Liverpool but rather from the Wirral.

He's also not a football fan, and to be honest I can't imagine someone from the Wirral not liking Liverpool.

Or even Everton.

The Wirral is mainly a dormitory suburb of Liverpool. Many Wirralites like to imagine they are superior to Liverpudlians, but most of them travel to Liverpool to work and they make their money out of Liverpool. It's called hypocrisy! ;D

There is an amusing little play on that subject called "Brick up the Mersey Tunnels."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom