• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Support Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox

Very Active
What do you all think then around the rest of the staff.

Will Clarke stay and work with the new man

Is LVG still coming

Will Rodgers want to bring in any Swansea staff

Is the TD, DoF setup a good idea for us

Will anyone else get moved on now (if there is anyone left)

I just need to know everything, cannot wait for the press conference

Well if Clarke goes within two years from looking to be a manager to agreeing to be assistant to someone who used to assist him, it's not a sign of great ambition from him. The club would be mad to let him go, though.

Will Clarke stay and work with the new man

Is LVG still coming

Will Rodgers want to bring in any Swansea staff

Is the TD, DoF setup a good idea for us

Will anyone else get moved on now (if there is anyone left)

I just need to know everything, cannot wait for the press conference

I'm confused ?

Are these questions.

really?

(that was another question by the way)

If only I had a place to ask other fans for their opinions on LFC stuff or make some predictions

Hard to tell when you're asking questions ?

And when you're:eek: not.

Will Clarke stay and work with the new man - Yes I believe that he will. He always knew that a new manager will be arriving.

Is LVG still coming - I'm confident that he will and he'll be absolutely ace.

Will Rodgers want to bring in any Swansea staff - I doubt that he will and he may consider the current coaching staff good enough

Is the TD, DoF setup a good idea for us - I'd say yes. We haven't had an identifiable style of football since pass and move. It's a great move

Will anyone else get moved on now (if there is anyone left) - Possibly, you just never know with Henry.

I just need to know everything, cannot wait for the press conference - You do not walketh alone Jon Fox

Gordon Smith has announced today that he is out of the running as our Dof..
Former SFA chief.

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC

re #lfc sporty director role. F.S.G had only 2 external #contenders (L.V.G & txiki) #fact and i'm told they will not abandon that structure

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Latest information I have is FSG remain committed to new managerial structure, even if some job titles are slightly tweaked.

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Latest information I have is FSG remain committed to new managerial structure, even if some job titles are slightly tweaked.

So Van Gaal will be appointed kit man to avoid controversy?

Hmm. It's been said (I don't know how accurately) that Rodgers doesn't want to work under Van Gaal, but he does have past connections with the Barca set-up. So: Cheeky Beguiristain to be a candidate after all?

Former Rangers director Gordon Smith has formally withdrawn his interest in becoming Liverpool’s new director of football.
The Anfield club’s structure is set to be altered in the coming weeks and the Merseysiders’ American owners are keen to introduce three sporting directors to work above new manager Brendan Rodgers.

Names such as Louis van Gaal have been touted as potential replacements for the recently departed Damien Comolli, but former Scottish Football Association chief executive, Smith has ruled himself out of consideration for the position according to his agent Jonathan Hope.

"My client Gordon Smith was in talks via myself for the Liverpool FC director of football role, although Gordon has had no talks with the club, I have," Hope told Sky Sports.

"I have spoken with the general manager on several occasions and I have decided to pull my client away from the role as we have options in the Middle East.”
Premier League

Rodgers to become new Liverpool manager

Despite Smith’s advisor having a heavy involvement with Liverpool in recent times, he does not believe the role to be in the best interests of his client.

Hope continued: "Liverpool has become a second home to me because of my involvement with Vaughan Boxing but as a football prospective I believe this would be the wrong move for my client.

"I am not going to hold any more talks about Gordon Smith joining Liverpool Football Club.

"We have options abroad and I will spend a few days with Gordon and discuss what's best for him and his family.”

Smith has backed his agent to find him a new role in football after he left his post at the Scottish Football Association in 2010.

"Jonathan Hope has been working non-stop to find not just a job, but the right job for me," he said.

"That's important and I commend him for it as that's what being a real agent is all about - client care.

"I respect whatever Jonathan Hope decides."

Sky Sports sources understand that Liverpool have agreed a compensation fee with Swansea for Brendan Rodgers and three of his backroom staff.

How touching to hear that Gordan Smith and Jonathon Hope have such a good relationship.

Anyone ever hear of them before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom