• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This is the End(o)

If I didn’t already dislike Slot. Wtaf.

Fucking bullshit. He’s been nothing short of outstanding.

This report is obviously bullshit for a number of glaring reasons:

Slot doesn't decide who stays or goes, and he hasn't even met Endo yet, so why would he want him out?

Even if we get a new Defensive Midfielder (which we won't), we would still need depth in the squad. Endo has had good games

Endo isn't paid a lot, nor are there clubs queuing to sign him, and he doesn't want to go. Selling him makes no sense whether for sporting or economic reasons and I certainly don't see Hughes / Edwards selling him.

Finally, it doesn't need to be said but this is written by one of those 'freelance journalists' who have a track record of getting every possible transfer rumour wrong.

Could it be a Edwards/Hughes decision/plan rather than a Slot one - with the thinking that we can recoup/profit from what we paid for him and reinvest in a younger, long term option?

My first thought is that they have someone in mind for the DM position (Wieffer?) and Endo is a casualty of that. They wouldn't let him go, unless there is a replacement lined up.

How much could we get for Endo?

I'm sure we'll sell if Stuttgart etc want to pay for him to go back and play in the UCL but I don't see that happening. He's on the same salary as Tsimikas / less than Adrian so not a problem to have around even as back up. He seems like a very stable personality that would be very useful for a new manager.

Don’t see the need to sell - but also he isn’t really the type of player that Slot tends to go with in his single/double pivot.

I expect we’ll bring in a younger DM, but that doesn’t necessarily mean we need to get rid of Endo as he’s a decent backup option.

Why is anyone taking this seriously? It’s wild speculation. Look at the source : givemesport.
That peddler of invented rumours.

FFS guys.

Why is anyone taking this seriously? It’s wild speculation. Look at the source : givemesport.
That peddler of invented rumours.

FFS guys.

Because its entire likely we will bring in a new DM.

Like I said - doesn’t mean Endo’s getting sold, but I’d be shocked if Slot doesn’t bring in someone.

Or should I say, request the stattos find him a player that meets the criteria he wants for a DM.

Because its entire likely we will bring in a new DM.

Like I said - doesn’t mean Endo’s getting sold, but I’d be shocked if Slot doesn’t bring in someone.
That’s an entirely different conversation. That news item is concocted BS.

I’ve been asking for a new DM anyway but I doubt Endo will leave unless Slot agrees Badger will be the understudy

That’s an entirely different conversation. That news item is concocted BS.

I’ve been asking for a new DM anyway but I doubt Endo will leave unless Slot agrees Badger will be the understudy

I wouldn’t say it’s entirely different conversation - but I take the point that the article is likely concocted.

This isn’t the first time it’s been suggested that Endo might be one of the ones to go under Slot.

Could it be a Edwards/Hughes decision/plan rather than a Slot one - with the thinking that we can recoup/profit from what we paid for him and reinvest in a younger, long term option?
Whilst I don't believe they'd sanction the purchase of Endo today, I also don't think they'd rush a sale either. He's clearly happy as a squad player, has good ability, probably on a relatively low wage, has some years left on his contract, and probably won't recoup that much if sold anyway. He seems perfect for their model of treating players as a value for money proposition.

I love LegEndo but its quite clear that we need a more dynamic and athletic DM going forward. I would have thought there would be a place in the squad for him though.

I love LegEndo but its quite clear that we need a more dynamic and athletic DM going forward. I would have thought there would be a place in the squad for him though.
He will be understudy to an athletic, dynamic beast of a man. Release the Honey Badger.

Not the Australian washed up racing driver.

I fully expected endo be replaced, as is suggested. Doubt he'll be sold, unless we're that desperate for oversea player places.

Fsg are clearly racist if they want to replace him though, as I was told it was when suggesting we'd replace him months ago

Be sad to see him go, done a surprisingly good job.

Wonder if they think we can turn a profit on him, his stock has risen.

The only likely reason that it would already be decided that Endo is off is if we have had an approach from another club already. In that case, we would make an assessment on him.

I think he has done well, and absolutely happy if we stays, because he's a reliable player and reliable players can be hard to find, but we all knew he was never likely to be a long term solution.

in the new hard nosed edwards era i think they may consider this a good time to cash in. 10-12m sale, possibly back to his old club and call last season a successful 4-6m emergency loan.

i also think he’s a good squad member but i can see the reasoning and maybe even agree with it

The only likely reason that it would already be decided that Endo is off is if we have had an approach from another club already. In that case, we would make an assessment on him.

I think he has done well, and absolutely happy if we stays, because he's a reliable player and reliable players can be hard to find, but we all knew he was never likely to be a long term solution.

Stuttgart are most likely in the CL. I'd bet they would want to take him back home.

I seem to remember Bajcetic being outstanding at DM before his injury. Maybe he and Endo are enough with Mac being able to cover too

I seem to remember Bajcetic being outstanding at DM before his injury. Maybe he and Endo are enough with Mac being able to cover too

Badger hardly played at DM - he played well a little further forward.

I’ve had this argument before - he’s played 2 games each in the League, FA Cup &, League Cup as a DM - only one of which we won in regulation time - Wolves in the FA Cup.

He’s played 6 games as a RM, mostly in the league and we won most of them. That’s were people remember him being good - these were all games Fabinho played in.

And he’s played 3 games as a RB.

I think he might make a cracking DM - but it’s a myth he’s played their for the first team.

I don't think Stefan gets in the team tbh. We're much more stacked in midfield now than we were when he broke.through, and he's lost a year of development through injury. He's got a fucking long way to go.

Definitely need a DM

I don't think Stefan gets in the team tbh. We're much more stacked in midfield now than we were when he broke.through, and he's lost a year of development through injury. He's got a fucking long way to go.

Definitely need a DM

RB inverting into a double pivot alongside Mac A with Trent playing further forward alongside Slobbers.

@rurikbird knows

Back
Top Bottom