• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

TITLE COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Careless quiff , yeah probably but fuck it what a beautiful video that is

Since we have nothing more to play for this season, I think the goal should be to take City's record point total. Also, a few of the youngsters haven't played enough games to get a medal. Hope they manage to get a few games.

Since we have nothing more to play for this season, I think the goal should be to take City's record point total. Also, a few of the youngsters haven't played enough games to get a medal. Hope they manage to get a few games.

Bed some of the youngsters in and get them to at least 5 games.

And let's to it again next year with a proper celebration (and drinkies!)

I wonder how we'll re-do the honours wall:

thumb_88564_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Just '19' with two types of trophy above? Bit messy, and anyway the old League title went through several different designs anyway. Swap the current one with the PL trophy? It'll send some people into a rage, but who cares? This is one of those delightfully trivial issues we've been waiting 30 years to have!

I think the medal thing is a bit misunderstood. We get given 40 medals, one of which must go to the manager. We then have to give a medal to any player who has appeared in five games or more (must have entered the field of play, bench doesn't count). Assuming there's medals left after that (which there will be) we can give them to anyone we like, regardless of the games they've played (or not, in the case of coaches or admin staff etc). So if Jurgen wants to give one of the kids a medal, he can do. If he wanted to take Kenny Dalglish or Steven Gerrard on as a coach for a week and give him a medal, he could do.

Rule below for info.

The League Champions shall further receive 40 commemorative medals to be presented by the Club to its Manager and to such of its Players and Officials as it thinks fit provided that any Player who has entered the field of play in a minimum of five of its League Matches that Season shall receive from the Club a commemorative medal. Additional medals may only be presented with the consent of the Board which shall only be given if the total number of Players who have entered the field of play that Season in a minimum of five of the Club’s League Matches exceeds 39.​

I think the medal thing is a bit misunderstood. We get given 40 medals, one of which must go to the manager. We then have to give a medal to any player who has appeared in five games or more (must have entered the field of play, bench doesn't count). Assuming there's medals left after that (which there will be) we can give them to anyone we like, regardless of the games they've played (or not, in the case of coaches or admin staff etc). So if Jurgen wants to give one of the kids a medal, he can do. If he wanted to take Kenny Dalglish or Steven Gerrard on as a coach for a week and give him a medal, he could do.

Rule below for info.

The League Champions shall further receive 40 commemorative medals to be presented by the Club to its Manager and to such of its Players and Officials as it thinks fit provided that any Player who has entered the field of play in a minimum of five of its League Matches that Season shall receive from the Club a commemorative medal. Additional medals may only be presented with the consent of the Board which shall only be given if the total number of Players who have entered the field of play that Season in a minimum of five of the Club’s League Matches exceeds 39.​
Yeah but the medal is more of a symbol. To be counted as a league winner in the stats you need to play 5 PL games.

Careless quiff , yeah probably but fuck it what a beautiful video that is

A lot in the thread but WHO CARES? Quiffing, in these circumstances, is lovely!

Yup, we have 7 games ... Neco / Elliot / Jones should each start 2-3 games here, give the team a chance to work with them ... and perhaps 1-3 of the 17 year old highly rated kids get a sub appearance or two - give them a taste.

But yes, let's go for their point total too ... Asterix that you cunts

Reactions: HC

Rule below for info.

From the Echo:

As things stand, Liverpool have used 24 players in the Premier League this season.

21 of those are currently on course to receive a winner's medal. Below is a list of all players along with the amount of appearances they have made.

Alisson - 22
Adrian - 11
Virgil van Dijk - 31
Dejan Lovren - 10
Joe Gomez - 21
Andy Robertson 29
Joel Matip - 9
Trent Alexander-Arnold - 31
Fabinho - 22
Gini Wijnaldum - 30
James Milner - 19
Naby Keita - 11
Jordan Henderson - 27
Adam Lallana - 15
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 23
Roberto Firmino - 31
Sadio Mane - 28
Mohamed Salah - 27
Xherdan Shaqiri - 6
Divock Origi - 23
Takumi Minamino - 5

There are two players just short of enough appearances to qualify for a medal automatically.

They are youngsters Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott both with two appearances each. With seven games left of the season, there is a chance Jurgen Klopp could give them the extra game time they need to be able to get their hands on a medal.

It could even be possible for fellow young star Neco Williams to get the four more appearances he needs after making his premier League debut against Crystal Palace when coming on as a substitute.

The only senior players to have not made one appearance the entire season is Nathaniel Clyne and Andy Lonergan.
There are currently 22 first team staff listed on the club's official website who would also be expected to get medals.

A lot in the thread but WHO CARES? Quiffing, in these circumstances, is lovely!

Yup, we have 7 games ... Neco / Elliot / Jones should each start 2-3 games here, give the team a chance to work with them ... and perhaps 1-3 of the 17 year old highly rated kids get a sub appearance or two - give them a taste.

But yes, let's go for their point total too ... Asterix that you cunts
Ok "start" is a bit of a stretch, I'm thinking 89th minute subs. Lol.

Ok "start" is a bit of a stretch, I'm thinking 89th minute subs. Lol.

Nah ... this is an important part of giving these kids the confidence and drive to be larger parts of our team next year ... especially if we fail to strengthen accordingly.

We need a massive Danke Jurgen banner.

That video got me right in the feels.

Finally, we actually do need to talk about Klopp...

I'd only stopped crying about half an hour after seeing Kenny with his scarf and champagne when I saw Klopp on Sky clearly too emotional to talk at the end of his interview on Sky... off I went again...

Thirty fucking years... 30...

There is very rarely any advantage at all for being older but as a Liverpool fan unlike for you young uns... the first 16 years of my life the lowest we ever finished was second... and the way we did it too... fucking 28 wins out of 31 games... we didn't just win we dominated, just like we used to back in the day.

Champions.

I wonder how we'll re-do the honours wall:

thumb_88564_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Just '19' with two types of trophy above? Bit messy, and anyway the old League title went through several different designs anyway. Swap the current one with the PL trophy? It'll send some people into a rage, but who cares? This is one of those delightfully trivial issues we've been waiting 30 years to have!

They've changed it to the Premier League trophy and kept it as league titles. There's a gif of it being laser etched going around, but I'll be damned if I know how to embed it here. It looks neat anyway.

They've changed it to the Premier League trophy and kept it as league titles. There's a gif of it being laser etched going around, but I'll be damned if I know how to embed it here. It looks neat anyway.
I saw it earlier, it's quite clever, they've used the PL trophy outline, but with the old trophy inside of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom