• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tottenham Hotcunts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love when Gerrard intentionally ensures he clatters someone. He went too far on Michael Brown that time but I loved it all the same. Can't stand Michael Brown. What an average player.

It was a free kick and nothing else. He won the header but caught him with the arm aswell.
Suggesting its a red card is insane.

I wonder what that journalist thought of nani's red card vs real madrid.

Just another aerial 50-50 for me, or are they not allowed now?
He was maybe a smidge late but it was close - It was clear Gerrard went in knowing that and took him out. Never a red in a million years. I laughed lots when I saw it.

So we have beaten a top four side now, and if the league started on 1st January would be third with an incredible goal difference. Those of us that said whoever it was that was responsible for not sorting out the strikers in August can feel justified in our anger. Had we taken Sturridge when we had the opportunity in the summer, Christ knows where we might have been now. We added Coutinho into the attacking players pot too.
We need a monster in the central-mid and a monster CB and we will be great. A Souness and a Hyypia please, and fourth would be ours no probs.

I dare not think where we might end up this season, but I am pretty sure it is going to be better than most of us imagined .

I'm not sure this "defensive tower/tall commanding CB" thing is exactly what we need.

I'd prefer us to just sign a good centre back to be honest. Who gives a fuck what size he is?

I'm not advocating a midget, but someone who's role it was/is to defend first and foremost would be swell. The best two defensive CB's in the last 5 odd years have been Terry and Vidic for me. Terry's 1.87M in height, Vidic is 2 centimetre's taller than that. Both win headers, control their defense, organise at set-pieces and take control when required.

Just to note, Daniel Agger is taller than both of them at 1.91M. As is Martin Skrtel in case you think I'm being selective.

I'm happy to hear a case for Agger staying in the back 4, but he's a ball-playing centre back first and foremost. If he's going to remain there, which in all likelihood he will, he needs to be complemented by a disciplined centre-back partner who's prepared to take control of defensive duties. A Terry, a Vidic, a Sol Campbell, whomever, just someone who knows how to defend - regardless of their height - would be dandy.

I think people mean a dominating CB. I don't think anyone wants Chris Samba or some human wrecking ball just because he's big. We need a vocal, dominating CB who is good in the air. Someone who won't be bullied, can organise the defense etc. Sami mk II.

Not sure who that player is but I hope our scouts find him this summer.

Might be an unpopular opinion here, but I actually rated Samba when he was at Blackburn - he was a great aerial commander in the box and always a good threat at the other end when they had corners. Haven't watched him since he left for Anzhi and returned to QPR though. We could do with someone with his aerial prowess at our back.

I'm suprised so many think we deserved to win.

I think a draw was the least Spurs deserved. We didn't play badly, in fact for some parts we played very well, however for the most part they were simply better.
I thought before the game we were playing the best team in the league at the moment and nothing happened during the game to change my mind. Spurs passing was superb throughout and it took a great shift from Gerrard to keep Bale relatively quiet. Even then his flick in the first half should have lead to the equaliser sooner.

We started brightly for 2 mnis but then Spurs dominated the ball for the next 15 mins. Possession was something like 68% Spurs. Then we came back into it and got the goal which was pure magic by all involved. We could and should have had a 2nd. Sturridge shouldn't have been on the pitch. He looked to be carrying a knock all game and left Suarez to do all the work up top. I really like him but he shouldn't play if not 100% which he clearly wasn't. After they scored which they had threatened to a do for a while we were visably shook.

The 2nd half was all Spurs until we were gifted an equaliser. Spurs should have been 3-1 up. The space we were finding in the first half disappeared and we couldn't get Suarez or Coutinho on the ball in any kind of space. We just couldn't seem to play the ball out at all. Allen made a big difference here and it seemed to allow us to pass the ball a bit more through the middle.

Having said all that, I'm over the moon. We played the best team in the league at the moment, went toe to toe against them and came out on top.
We were never going to wipe the floor with them as they are too good at the moment (confidence sky high, passing superbly, scoring goals freely etc) but to play well and win was more than I expected.

I'm suprised so many think we deserved to win.

I think a draw was the least Spurs deserved. We didn't play badly, in fact for some parts we played very well, however for the most part they were simply better.
I thought before the game we were playing the best team in the league at the moment and nothing happened during the game to change my mind. Spurs passing was superb throughout and it took a great shift from Gerrard to keep Bale relatively quiet. Even then his flick in the first half should have lead to the equaliser sooner.

We started brightly for 2 mnis but then Spurs dominated the ball for the next 15 mins. Possession was something like 68% Spurs. Then we came back into it and got the goal which was pure magic by all involved. We could and should have had a 2nd. Sturridge shouldn't have been on the pitch. He looked to be carrying a knock all game and left Suarez to do all the work up top. I really like him but he shouldn't play if not 100% which he clearly wasn't. After they scored which they had threatened to a do for a while we were visably shook.

The 2nd half was all Spurs until we were gifted an equaliser. Spurs should have been 3-1 up. The space we were finding in the first half disappeared and we couldn't get Suarez or Coutinho on the ball in any kind of space. We just couldn't seem to play the ball out at all. Allen made a big difference here and it seemed to allow us to pass the ball a bit more through the middle.

Having said all that, I'm over the moon. We played the best team in the league at the moment, went toe to toe against them and came out on top.
We were never going to wipe the floor with them as they are too good at the moment (confidence sky high, passing superbly, scoring goals freely etc) but to play well and win was more than I expected.

I think you are being selective, we did deserve to win IMO, yes it is true that spurs bossed the game for two lengthy spells either side of halftime but I don't think it was due to any great superiority so much as a Ref who had failed to give us a blatant penalty to make it 2 nil and was awarding them everything and us nothing as they bullied themselves into the game. It's true we got lucky with our second goal but that happened because we were pressing like crazy the entire match. The best piece of play during the whole match was also by LFC for the Suarez goal.... nah... I don't buy this got lucky bullshit....we deserved that win.

They bossed it for the first 15 mins to bar the first 60 seconds. You don't have 68% poss without bossing a game.
I didn't bother bringing up the ref, but I actually thought he was pretty fair and used his head alot when others would have just dished out 5/6 yellows.
I don't think we got lucky to win but I think a draw was a much fairer result over the balance of play.
Pressure or no pressure its not often you see an English international skew a 30 yard back pass straight to an opposing striker while the kepper deicdes to enter into no mans land. We got lucky for that goal make no mistake about it, but we did deserve a bit of luck for our pressing. That skewed kick could have 100 places but only 1 of them was going to lead to Downing scoring.
We did have the best move of the game and it was almost unstoppable, but Spurs had a similar move that Siggurdson pulled a whisker wide too.
Like I said I'm not saying we didn't play well as we clearly did in parts but to say we were the better team is biased in my opinion. I really thought Spurs were playing with the swagger of champions for long stretches and they tired badly in the last 15 mins.

I'll take it everyday of the week but I still think we aren't as close to Spurs as people think after this result.

We were all over them for the first 10minutes and I'm pretty sure it was us with 60 something percent possession for a long period of the first half. Spurs aren't the best team in the league at the moment, United are, everyone seems to forget about them because its expected.

They didn't have 68% possession. It was something like 56%. And that was partly to do with the way we set out to play, to exploit their high line and playing the ball early rather than passing the life out of it. In the first half we might have been comfortably ahead, even though we lost control after about 30 minutes (and didn't regain it until about 60 plus minutes, in truth). We did get some luck, no doubt, but we also matched them for significant parts of the game. We also bossed the stats at WHL and lost the game. What did that tell you Dreamy?

Yep, it's worth noting Spurs only had two good chances other than the goals, which were long crosses into the box. We had quite a few more chances.

Might be an unpopular opinion here, but I actually rated Samba when he was at Blackburn - he was a great aerial commander in the box and always a good threat at the other end when they had corners. Haven't watched him since he left for Anzhi and returned to QPR though. We could do with someone with his aerial prowess at our back.

I agree Samba was a very good player in his Blackburn days. He even played quite a few games as a forward.

We were all over them for the first 10minutes and I'm pretty sure it was us with 60 something percent possession for a long period of the first half. Spurs aren't the best team in the league at the moment, United are, everyone seems to forget about them because its expected.
You'd be wrong but go ahead and rewatch it the game. The first possession stat was all Spurs, then we evened it by the end of the half.

They didn't have 68% possession. It was something like 56%. And that was partly to do with the way we set out to play, to exploit their high line and playing the ball early rather than passing the life out of it. In the first half we might have been comfortably ahead, even though we lost control after about 30 minutes (and didn't regain it until about 60 plus minutes, in truth). We did get some luck, no doubt, but we also matched them for significant parts of the game. We also bossed the stats at WHL and lost the game. What did that tell you Dreamy?

Spurs should have been level long before that too don't forget. That tells you we had no cutting edge at Spurs which was the problem with our team til Janurary.

Yep, it's worth noting Spurs only had two good chances other than the goals, which were long crosses into the box. We had quite a few more chances.

No its not because again you would wrong

We had 10 shots at goal to their 15

We had 4 on target to their 9 and they hit the post too.

We won. I'm delighted but to say we were the better team or deserved the win is just fan bias.

I said good chances, not shots. Bale, Dembele and Sigurdsson all shot from range, they aren't good chances. We had a large number of chances in there box where we were one good pass away from a tap in. I wouldn't be wrong, but as you're in the minority again, the impetus is on you to go and rewatch and prove everyone right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom