• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think Klopp should continue with Philips.
I don't think it's a good idea playing Rhys again. He just isn't ready and it's not good for his confidence.

Last edited:
So I think Klopp should continue with Philips.
I don't think it's a good idea playing Rhys again. He just isn't ready and it's just not good for his confidence.

Just tell him to head everything. He’s good at that.

That was actually an enjoyable watch - aside from when Lee Dixon and the commentator started waffling on about the Superbowl.

TAA finally seems to have awakened from his slumber, Mane looking dangerous again and Firmino had a good game too.

I hope this is a turning point and not another Leicester style performance and we go back to struggling against the dross.

His lack of pace is a major worry though .. ditto his clumsiness.
Now I didn't see how he played today, but it can't be worse than Rhys.
Philips isn't good enough either but I think he's better than Rhys. Also more experienced at a higher level.

Back on blob and about time to. Nobody to pick on either. Getting to like Thiago, that lump who assaulted him should've seen red. It was wreckless lunge and could've been worse. Not sure Thiago should've come back on. Head injuries and all that.

Can debrief my thoughts more in a mo but in short

• Isn't it great to see the front three seemingly making much more effort to pass and move for each other? It has felt the last few games that they have relied on a full back to find them and nothing else. Lots of great chances against a parked bus.
  • Milner in CM was great - his energy, pressing, runs and movement is key
  • Thiago more advanced - great use of his willingness to make progressive passes and move. I think having Gini as the DM made a huge difference in this game
  • Trent is back - kind of. Some great balls and the main difference was that he didn't just cross every ball - maybe he's been told to play with a bit more freedom and that is why he wasn't always hugging the touchline and did a lot more passing and a few more runs in the box than normal

Worrying about Matip's injury with the upcoming fixtures (and season), especially without knowing the extent of Fabinho's injury too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom