• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't they all roughly equal? Same as lallana and shaq etc

Cantwell would cost around £30M, Grealish and Maddison around £60-70M probably. On current form, it's easily Grealish but I like Cantwell for his potential.

Havent seen enough of Cantwell but he reminds me a bit of Lallana. Not sure if that positive or not, but thats my impression so far.

Would like to sign Martinelli though. That kid will be a star.
Decent words from his fellow Brazilian:
Ronaldinho was quizzed on the 18-year-old and he said his compatriots are excited about what Martinelli can accomplish in the game:
"We as Brazilians are very excited about him and his future. It is one thing to have the talent, but another at the age of 18 to have the confidence.
"He reminds me of Ronaldo. His first season in Europe he scored 30 goals and people were thinking: ‘who is this 18-year-old Brazilian kid?’ He wanted the ball, he would run at players, there was no fear no matter what players or team he was playing against—and I see that similar attitude in Martinelli.
"He just wants to be on the ball and score goals. Ronaldo went on to be the best player in the world, and that can also be the aim of Martinelli."

football_whispers-heat-map-stats-18.png

football_whispers-player-comparison-x2-7.png

Melissa Reddy had a piece where she says that a deal for Werner will happen as long as Werner accepts that he's not going to be a guaranteed starter.

Also said that we've scouted Cantwell, but Klopp wouldn't want to make a move that would block the path for Jones and Elliott.

Guess we wont have to worry about them being in title contention next season.

Not that we were worried at all by them this season.

Eh? We may not be hugely concerned about Leicester anyway but not sure how signing Lallana on a free means that!

He'd be a potentially very good signing. It's not as if they are necessarily making him their star signing and building a team around him is it?

Is he worth €125m? For that price, I am expecting something better than Gerrard
He is supposedly the messiah. I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion.

For what it's worth though, my money would be on him joining Munich with Coutinho being passed over.

Last edited:
How do Havertz and Sancho's stats compare? Seeing as they'd both cost stupid money. For me Sancho seems the better bet as he's got a better output and we always need quality english players for the quota.

How do Havertz and Sancho's stats compare? Seeing as they'd both cost stupid money. For me Sancho seems the better bet as he's got a better output and we always need quality english players for the quota.

They play in different positions though, and we are well stocked at the wings

They play in different positions though, and we are well stocked at the wings
Realy? Who replaces Mane or Mo ? Sancho can play on either side and is a natural replacement. We actually have 4 or 5 slots up for grabs, mainly for rotation or backup though.

[article]
Liverpool, Everton and Chelsea are all interested in making an approach for Real Madrid chief scout Juni Calafat, according to a report from The Telegraph.

The Telegraph reports that Calafat has overseen a dramatic transformation in Los Blancos’ recruitment policy, with the club bringing a number of exciting youngsters to the Bernabeu in recent times.

According to The Telegraph, Calafat played a role in bringing the likes of Fede Valverde, Martin Odegaard, Eder Militao, Rodrygo and Vinicius Junior to the La Liga giants.

And the report is now suggesting that Liverpool, Everton and Chelsea are amongst the Premier League clubs weighing up making a move for Calafat.
[/article]

Juni Calafat: The king of Brazilian talent
[article]Trying to find the brightest young talent in the world is a difficult task, but that is part of the reason why Real Madrid revamped their international football department a few years ago, with it now being overseen by Juni Calafat.

The days of coaches going to watch potential signings is a thing of the past, particularly with regard to younger players. Instead, there are a select group inside clubs around the world whose job is to put in lots of hours of methodical work in the hope of finding talent that others may have missed.

In fact, all sorts of games, news and alerts are tracked, as well as any sign that might be the clue or first step to finding that hitherto unknown talent.

Spending 40 million euros, rather than 200 million euros
After the first analysis of the player, you go on to watch whole games and, of course, you end up seeing the talent live.

Calafat has worked his magic to bring Fede Valverde, Martin Odegaard, Vinicius Junior, Rodrigo Rodrigues (currently playing for Castilla), Adriano (no longer at the club), Eder Militao and Rodrygo Goes to Real Madrid

Each of these signings has their own particular characteristics, but all of them have the stamp of the international department at Real Madrid, whose aim is to find young players who are capable of being the best in the world in their position in the near future.

Also, something that unites many of the latest additions is that they are of Brazilian origin, a market Calafat dominates like few can in the world.

His ability to strike up relationships with clubs and the players' families, as well as the player themselves, has seen Los Blancos able to beat some of the world's biggest and richest clubs to sign Vinicius and Rodrygo, while they have just done the same with Flamengo prodigy Reinier Jesus, who was wanted by Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona.

The goal is to find the player who makes the difference and to do so before they are worth 200 million euros or more.
[/article]

Everything You Need to Know About 'Madrid's Monchi', Juni Calafat\
[article]One of Real Madrid's most powerful men is someone you've likely never seen before and whose name you wouldn't recognize. Yet, Juni Calafat, the Head of International Football at Real Madrid, has his fingerprints on most of Real Madrid's recent transfers. Josh Schneider-Weiler spoke with journalist Dermot Corrigan (The Independent, Unibet) to learn more about Real Madrid's mysterious decision maker. Listen to the full episode here:

Juni Calafat is someone who isn't well known, yet is a key figure in this change. Who is he?

Dermot Corrigan: Yeah, he's a super interesting character, and somebody who, as you say, doesn't have the highest profile for the amount of power that he has, maybe the amount of influence that he has. His name doesn't come out so much in the papers, especially in the English speaking media. He was born in Spain but grew up in Brazil, in Sao Paolo, and was a professional indoor football player (futsal). But he was making his living as that, playing in Madrid, and became friendly with the other Brazilians who were in Madrid around the same time. You're talking about people like Roberto Carlos, Julio Baptista, Ronaldo Nazario. He was friends with them, socialized with them, their families and were friends.

Then after he retired, I'm talking about a decade or so ago, he used to work on Spanish TV. He was an analyst on one of the international programs about international football that were here on Spain. So he would have been, not usually well known, but more as an analyst, journalist type person. In 2014, he went into Real Madrid, a little bit because he knew, he had links with the club from the players that he knew. He joined Madrid as a South American scout. And then bit by bit, he really impressed the people at the club at different levels of the club, he's obviously a good networker. He's obviously a very intelligent guy and it fit with the idea that they were looking to capture more young talent, especially with a focus on South America.

Have you met him?

No. I don't know if he's ever done an interview. A lot of the different people at the club will come out and talk on the radio, or will be, you know, at events and talk to the journalists, and you get a little bit of access. At Vinicius' unveiling, he's there, but he's there with the VIPs. He's not mingling with the journalists, or not with us guys anyway, so I've never come across him.

Which players has he been given credit for signing at the club?

When you read about the people who he is, as you say, given credit for signing, it's Casemiro who was probably the biggest one who was broken into the team.

But there's also people like Lucas Silva who had injury problems, but didn't develop the way he was supposed to. Juni Calafat was supposed to be big in the signing of Martin Odegaard for Madrid. Everybody knew before Madrid signed Martin Odegaard that there was this amazing kid in Norway. You didn't have to have spectacular contacts or spectacular judgment on the game to know that Odegaard looked like a special talent at that stage, and then it was about convincing him to move to Madrid, instead of Liverpool or Bayern Munich or Ajax or the other clubs, who were supposed to be interested in him.

It's been proven that he's found these bunch of amazing stars, or amazing unknown talent who have become stars at Madrid. But bit by bit, he has worked his way up into a position where he's central to the signing of people like Rodrygo and Vinicius and Militao this summer for a lot of money.

Editors Note: According to Libertad Digital, Calafat is responsible for signing the following:

"Pablo Teixeira, William José, Abner, Rodrigo Rodrigues, Augusto Galvan, Odegaard, Lucas Silva, Sergio Díaz, Federico Valverde, Dani Ceballos, Marco Asensio, Andriy Lunin, Odriozola, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Brahim Díaz, we will see if in the end the Arrival of the Argentine Palacios, Mohamed Mizzian and now Militao."

He seems like more of the person that builds relationships with the prospective players and their agents, than actually discovers them.

Yeah, I think that as well. My impression will be similar, that he is very good at the networking end of the job, which is very important. There is a lot involved in getting the kid and his family and his agent to sign with your club, as opposed to other clubs, and that is something that that Juni Calafat seems to be very good at, or to have proven himself as somebody who can get deals done.

We've referenced how quickly he's risen through the ranks at the club, but just how powerful is he?

Again, at Madrid, Florentino Perez is very powerful. You know, he's the club president and he's in charge there. Then you have Jose Angel Sanchez, who's the director general at Madrid, who's been a longtime right hand man of Florentino Perez, and he's maybe more involved in the big signings, and getting the deals done, in dealing with agents, dealing with other clubs.

After that, maybe Juni Calafat could be the next most important person at the club. It's difficult to know, because there's so much talk about what happens, there's so many reports that you read. You talk to people and you hear stories, and people tell you things. But the evidence is there and what we can see is that the club have made a lot of expensive bets on young Brazilian talent over the last two years or so. And Juni Calafat has been involved in that, for sure.

Editors Note: There has been criticism of Calafat by some fans for paying too much in agents fees. An estimated €30 million were paid in intermediary fees in the signings of Rodrygo and Vinicius Jr alone according to El Confidencial.
[/article]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom