• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t cover his intelligence in all its glory with the ‘I have a tattoo of a machine gun on me leg cause me father was killed by one’ story did he. All evidence, and there’s plenty of them, suggests he’s pretty thick. Most of the top level footballers are.

Well when put that way, I stand corrected... Thank you juniormember

Bayern are interested in Adama Traoré (24) & have explored the possibility of signing him from Wolverhampton. Manchester City are also interested in the player but have put the move on hold due to the corona crisis. Wolves expect to get around €100m for Traoré [@DuncanCastles]

Duncan Castles is a fucking massive cunt, obviously, but 'on hold due to the corona virus' seems especially lazy and retarded even by his usual standards.

Traore would be interesting if he was 21, but at 24 there's too many faults in his game.

He's a quick unit. Can't cross, can't shoot. He's exactly the type of player we would have bought 10 years ago

He's definitely improved, and has given several teams, Abu Dhabi City and ourselves very difficult games. He would be a good addition, because he's so quick and dangerous, but the prices quoted look toppish, and as you say, he just doesn't score enough goals

That's pretty much how I see it. He's always been quick and strong but was a bit of a headless chicken at times, and Nuno has focused all that really well, but he's still not sharp enough often enough near goal to be worth what they'll demand for him.

I don’t think he has the physique to carry on at a high level for a sustained time. He just has too much mass.

He's definitely improved, and has given several teams, Abu Dhabi City and ourselves very difficult games. He would be a good addition, because he's so quick and dangerous, but the prices quoted look toppish, and as you say, he just doesn't score enough goals

We've always struggled with direct players, and with units. Combine the 2 I've no doubt he gave us a thought time.

But isn't it telling the 2 games you mention where he was great is against the top 2? Is he a player who ups his game when it can progress his career?

We've always struggled with direct players, and with units. Combine the 2 I've no doubt he gave us a thought time.

But isn't it telling the 2 games you mention where he was great is against the top 2? Is he a player who ups his game when it can progress his career?

I don't know that I'd be that immediately cynical (!)

Lots of players up their games against top opposition and while it's deffo a good shop window - given how often great displays against certain teams often result in a transfer TO that team (and Christ knows we've done that ourselves often enough) - I think it's also in plenty of cases psychological and trying to prove a point: I'll show you lot I'm a good player.

I don't know much about him really, but he's already been on Barcelona's books, so he knows his way around big clubs. But unlike someone like, say Ronaldo, who you could tell has that desire to play for the biggest clubs and win trophies and be the best, Traore doesn't quite strike me as that type.

You don't go from Barca to Boro and then Wolves if you're just some kind of prima donna; he seems to be pretty humble, but that could also be a negative, as you say, in that he can turn it on, but isn't exactly super-obsessive.

Erm, I think I've both disagreed and agreed with my point and yours and then changed my mind in the course of writing that post. Dreadful, really.

For anything less than 50 taroe has value to improve. If we have are playing 70/80 million then we should expect a player ready for the first team like vvd/ Alison.

With no football on a lot of clubs are broke, there has been a few articles (on the Atlantic) suggesting there could be a few bargains in Europe for clubs that need the money.

Ferran Torres from Valencia could be available for similar money

I don't know that I'd be that immediately cynical (!)

Lots of players up their games against top opposition and while it's deffo a good shop window - given how often great displays against certain teams often result in a transfer TO that team (and Christ knows we've done that ourselves often enough) - I think it's also in plenty of cases psychological and trying to prove a point: I'll show you lot I'm a good player.

I don't know much about him really, but he's already been on Barcelona's books, so he knows his way around big clubs. But unlike someone like, say Ronaldo, who you could tell has that desire to play for the biggest clubs and win trophies and be the best, Traore doesn't quite strike me as that type.

You don't go from Barca to Boro and then Wolves if you're just some kind of prima donna; he seems to be pretty humble, but that could also be a negative, as you say, in that he can turn it on, but isn't exactly super-obsessive.

Erm, I think I've both disagreed and agreed with my point and yours and then changed my mind in the course of writing that post. Dreadful, really.
I get you

Think the decision to go from Barca to Boro want his per se. Binned from Barca, and English money id wager

Update @LFC & @TimoWerner: Jürgen Klopp wants to meet Werner to convince him. But: because of Corona the meeting is delayed @SPORTBILD @altobelli13

Update @LFC & @TimoWerner: Jürgen Klopp wants to meet Werner to convince him. But: because of Corona the meeting is delayed @SPORTBILD @altobelli13
Bit of a non story. In todays day and age they could have a video call. Any time/day since we are all in this lockdown shit

Willian's out of contract, isn't he? If Shaq leaves, Willian would be an excellent cheap replacement. Always liked him as a player.

Yes, he’s out of contract this summer.
Would be a very good fit for us, and I’d happily have him in the squad if we sell Shaqiri.. He’s 31, but one of those players that wont be affected by age I think.
Seems naturally fit.

Yeah, we have a good record of signing skillfull players on a free from Chelsea

joe-cole-liverpool_2vqwmywqf6kh1wmw5hpxl1fgp.jpg

I just went onto Twitter - its like all my Christmases came at once!!!

Tthe Firm are doing a live Q&A with hashtag #AskTheFirm ... its pure gold

[bcolor=#ffffff]
[bcolor=#ffffff]
[bcolor=#ffffff]
[bcolor=#ffffff]
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=#ffffff]
[bcolor=#ffffff]
[bcolor=#ffffff]
[/bcolor]
[/bcolor]

Status