• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekop_101

Active
Please let me start off by saying I'm well aware this summer transfer window is far from over and that we most likely will be signing at least one more player.

However, which and how many more players do we need to sign to make this window a successful one? I really hope Klopp proves me wrong but every summer it always feel like he takes the importance of signings and the transfer window way too lightly. Some people may say that having faith in his players is a good thing, but it's not when many of them are not good enough or the squad depth is too weak. For example, there is a slim chance Karius might be alright this season, but is it worth the risk? We are always so close to having a complete team and at the end of the season it always feels like if only we had a better transfer window we could have won something.

For two seasons now Klopp have done fantastic with the team he's had at his disposal, and he may very well do it again this season. But is that all its going to be? How will we actually win any trophies or even challenge for the EPL when the team always have obvious problems. Looking at our team now there are 3 huge areas that need to be addressed (GK, Attacking midfielder, and back-up winger/striker). That's already another 3 players minimum that must be signed this summer. It can also be argued that a quality CB is needed to partner VVD.

I don't agree that there are no available GKs that is better than Karius at a reasonable price, Arsenal just signed one. I also don't think we should sign Shaqiri just because he is 12 million, he's not good enough.

Let's hope that for once Klopp signs enough players in the positions that we need this summer (not 6 or 12 months later) so we can actually win something this season.

We need three... I actually think our midfield is quite strong with Keita, Henderson, Fabinho and Chamberlain once he returns (not to mention Gini and Milner as options), but we need a replacement for Coutinho as we don’t have that type of player (still think we’ll sign Fekir). We need a backup forward who can ideally play all three positions so we don’t see such a massive drop in quality when one of the front three is missing (doesn’t sound like we will get this player... possibly going with Shaqiri, signing someone younger who might grow into the role, or sticking with what we have). Everyone knows what the last position is and I’d argue it is worth spending close to 100 million to get the right one in... if it’s the difference between winning the League or not, and it realistically could be, I reckon it’s worth the investment. I think someone else (rurik maybe) said that they felt we might end up with Alisson if/when his price drops this summer... I could see that happening, I just hope he’s the right one if it does.

We need three... I actually think our midfield is quite strong with Keita, Henderson, Fabinho and Chamberlain once he returns (not to mention Gini and Milner as options), but we need a replacement for Coutinho as we don’t have that type of player (still think we’ll sign Fekir). We need a backup forward who can ideally play all three positions so we don’t see such a massive drop in quality when one of the front three is missing (doesn’t sound like we will get this player... possibly going with Shaqiri, signing someone younger who might grow into the role, or sticking with what we have). Everyone knows what the last position is and I’d argue it is worth spending close to 100 million to get the right one in... if it’s the difference between winning the League or not, and it realistically could be, I reckon it’s worth the investment. I think someone else (rurik maybe) said that they felt we might end up with Alisson if/when his price drops this summer... I could see that happening, I just hope he’s the right one if it does.

I agree. That’s the same 3 positions I mentioned that we definitely need minimum this summer. GK (doesn’t have to be Allison, he’s expensive and I also have some doubts about him), Attacking midfielder (Fekir or someone else), and a back up for the front three in case they need to be rested or injured.

We sign 3 quality players (not Shaqiri) for these positions, and we can actually win something this season. Anything less than this, then I highly doubt we can.

Really doubt we will sign 3. Expect that we will sign one top level player - if we can. I think we will be looking for a versatile player - who could be one of the front 3 - but also the attacking midfielder. I think we will take a look at Ojo and Origi to see whether they can challenge. As for goalkeeper - I would expect us to buy somebody to challenge Karius - though not necessarily replacing him.
I wonder what the overall sentiment would be if we were to bring in one player - hypothetically: Oblak or Pulisic? Or - at a lower fee - Allisson or Fekir (assuming Fekir has no medical issues).

GK
CB
AM x 2
CF

Anyone that disagrees should take a look at our bench in the CL final.

Wilson may be one of those two AM's but Woodburn didn't really kick on at all last season

30 days left this summer for signings. Considering the world cup will keep some squadd tied up for another week thats going to mean a pretty frantic 3 weeks before the 9th August. I can see some crazy prices being paid this year, wouldnt be surprised if we opt out.

Would be ironic if we opt out from signing our main targets whomever they are when we were among the clubs advocating for the early transfer window shutdown.

We've already signed Keita and Fabinho. Not much business elsewhere anong the top 4-6 bar Arsenal who have made a few.

England deciding to end the transfer window a month (or whatever it is) before anyone else is stupid and potentially damaging in tournament summers such as this.

Unless we see the likes of Brewster and Wilson as genuinely reliable players for the upcoming season, we got our work cut out for us in the market.

We've already signed Keita and Fabinho. Not much business elsewhere anong the top 4-6 bar Arsenal who have made a few.

They will all sign players, and City, United and Spurs were all better than us anyway, so we're under more pressure to improve our squad.

They will all sign players, and City, United and Spurs were all better than us anyway, so we're under more pressure to improve our squad.
Let’s not ignore the fact that the same could have been said before last season. We’re catching up with them and our new midfielders have already improved us. Backup for the two wingers (hopefully one that can also be a Firmino backup) plus a keeper, just those two positions without being greedy for more, and we’d be laughing.

Yeah, Brandt is very good. Quoted fee of 50 million I think.
Can play in a number of positions as well.

If don't sign another keeper it will be a poor window. I have given up hope on us signing on a quality GK (like oblak) and would settle for a butland. It would be suicidal (although unsurprising) if we to go into the new season with karius and ming.

Let’s not ignore the fact that the same could have been said before last season. We’re catching up with them and our new midfielders have already improved us. Backup for the two wingers (hopefully one that can also be a Firmino backup) plus a keeper, just those two positions without being greedy for more, and we’d be laughing.

Our midfield, which was one of our weaker parts last season has already been improved massively with Keita/Fabinho.

Our spin/core is starting to look pretty solid.
Van Dijk - Keita/Fabinho - Salah/Firmino/Mane

New GK, attacking mid and a winger/forward and we're laughing.

TBF I dont think Spurs are better than us, its about City and Utd. We would have finishied above Spurs last season if we werent concentrating on the CL.

He's German though. And as we all know by now, Germans are shit at football...;)
Ha. Seriously though, how he didn't start for them is beyond me. Every single time he came on they started to look threatening immediately.

I'm not sure that Spurs and Utd were that much better than us. We were treading water in the last 6 or so fixtures in the league as we focussed everything on the CL. And Spurs beat us by what, a point? It does suggest we need a stronger squad to deal with multiple competitions, of course.

I'm not sure that Spurs and Utd were that much better than us. We were treading water in the last 6 or so fixtures in the league as we focussed everything on the CL. And Spurs beat us by what, a point? It does suggest we need a stronger squad to deal with multiple competitions, of course.

Both Spurs and Utd have better squad depth than us. Most times this season our bench was about the same level as Stoke, or worse.

We need to be making a couple more first team signings and add a bit of depth in attack.

I have no idea why Klopp keeps taking huge gambles by not signing players that everyone can see he needs in every transfer window.

As mentioned by someone above, sign any decent GK plus 2 attackers.. and we’re laughing. But obviously, we won’t sign them.

Both Spurs and Utd have better squad depth than us. Most times this season our bench was about the same level as Stoke, or worse.

We need to be making a couple more first team signings and add a bit of depth in attack.

I have no idea why Klopp keeps taking huge gambles by not signing players that everyone can see he needs in every transfer window.

As mentioned by someone above, sign any decent GK plus 2 attackers.. and we’re laughing. But obviously, we won’t sign them.
Do you really think Klopp sits there in board meetings insisting he doesn’t want any new signings each window?

GK
CB
AM x 2
CF

Anyone that disagrees should take a look at our bench in the CL final.

Wilson may be one of those two AM's but Woodburn didn't really kick on at all last season
That CL final bench was shorn of a number of players due to injuries and we'll be buying more than selling from the first team squad this Summer. Klopp seems to really like Gomez for a shot at CB long term and likes his current options - doesn't seem to be a priority.

Still think we'll sign Fekir and maybe Shakiri too and a GK. Might be a shock signing somewhere too, a striker to replace Sturridge and Ings seems highly likely.

That CL final bench was shorn of a number of players due to injuries and we'll be buying more than selling from the first team squad this Summer. Klopp seems to really like Gomez for a shot at CB long term and likes his current options - doesn't seem to be a priority.

Still think we'll sign Fekir and maybe Shakiri too and a GK. Might be a shock signing somewhere too.

Plus we really did fuck up the loans last season, I suppose because we were out of the 2 cup competitions tout suite. But the likes of Wilson and Grujic may have been useful in the end up last spring. Sturridge too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom