1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

UFC

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by PepeReina, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Rafiagra

Rafiagra Very Active Member

Ferguson need to land one of those elbows and then let’s see where it goes.

However, I think the reality is that if Khabib gets anyone down, he’s dominating. He’s just too good and then he just suffocates the fight out of them. It’s just a matter of time then as Khabib just drains their strength away. He’s so effective it’s unreal, like an anaconda.

2. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

I'm not saying ferguson is shit, because he's not, but he's not on the level of khabib. He throws about a million light weight shots every fight and it ends up fights via death by paper cuts. He can't do that if he's on his back getting his head smashed in. If this fight happens, I'd suspect his way to win is via submission if he can somehow get out from under khabib and get ontop of him, as a triangle from the bottom is virtually his only way to win from the bottom apart for some random jammy leg lock.

3. My_Blood_Bleeds_Red

My_Blood_Bleeds_Red Well-Known Member

Ok here’s the massive difference.

I’ve yet to see Khabib end a fight with a nosebleed.

But Tony has bled many times.

Did you all see how Tony beat Pettis ? I wasn’t impressed at all. If it wasn’t for Pettis’ broken hand, who knows what might have been the outcome of that fight. Ferguson was dropped a couple times too. The same Pettis who lost to Dos Anjos and Barboza, both fighters mauled by Khabib.

4. SaRed

SaRed Active Member

Yeah, I think Ferguson is bit over hyped.
    But then, who next for Khabib?

GSP would be a good fight. Although, he's been out a while, so not sure what sort of shape he's in.
    Also, if Khabib loses, that fucks the UFC if GSP doesn't stick around.
    So, guess we'll never see that match up.

5. gytisfromhr

gytisfromhr Noob Member

Give everybody to street Jesus while he's still in his babtising element lol

6. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Masvidal is bollocks. He's gone 2-2 in his last 4, gets a flukey buster douglas/mcgregor shot on Askren and all of a sudden he thinks he's fucking bruce lee.
    Would not be at all surprised to see Nate beat him, and nate isn't exactly great.

7. ILD

ILD Very Well-Known Member

Mors, you don't seem to like anyone who has charisma or personality do you? I love Jorge Masvidal. That flying knee was excellent and cannot be called flukey when footage of him practicing it over and over again emerged. The same with Mcgregor. Flukey shot? He said in the build up that Aldo would charge in with a big right and Mcgregor would slip to the left and KO him within one round. It's not flukey when you actually carry out tactics you planned to use.

I think Nate will beat Masvidal on points btw.

8. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

I like fighters that are talented, have heart, and don't talk shit. Masvidal falls foul of the first one (comparatively, he's currently 2-2), and mcgregor falls foul of the last 2.
    Re Masvidal not being flukey, letss him him pull that one off again in the next 10 fights. They practise everything in training, so in theory, any fight they win is because of anything they've practised in training.
    Re mcgregor, again, has he ever knocked someone out that quick or will ever again? If he can't do it consistently, it's a one-off/fluke, ala buster douglas. As you should well know, mcgregor says a lottttttt of things in the buildup to fights, all sort of made up shit. A broken clock is right twice a day. It was great shot, no doubt about it, but a fluke.

I agree with you re Nate and him winning, I think he's better than Masvidal, but there's not much in it.

9. dantes

dantes Very Well-Known Member

Presumably, Adesanya has the requisite amount of talent for you?

10. gytisfromhr

gytisfromhr Noob Member

It looks like he does lol:)

11. Rafiagra

Rafiagra Very Active Member

Adesanya actually rivals McGregor for the amount of shit he talks. His post fight interview was embarrassing. Weird cos he has moments of humility and then just goes total bellend

SaRed likes this.
  12. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

I'd like to see adesanya fight jones tbh, might straighten him out

13. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Conor vs Cerrone for Jan then. This is do or die for conor surely, he's not won a fight for nearly 4yrs and he's W2 L3 in his last 5.
    Cerrone has immense cardio so surely he'd be looking to drag him out into the later rounds, but can take a while to get going and could get put out early. This feels like a bit of a cherry picked one for conor as Cerrone has lost his last 6 of his last 10, and Dana loves Cerrone so will desperate to give him a money fight.
    A Porier rematch, a fight against Gaethje, Edgar, Volkanovski, Ortega etc would all have been better more competitive fights.

14. dantes

He just needs a quick win for the sake of his whiskey. The return on investment is probably less than he hoped, he doesn't want to wait a decade to recover the capital, so beating the shit out of cowboy, who also has a shit drink attached to his name, it makes complete commercial sense. A battle of the drinks. A win. A world tour off the back of it. Sales pick up. Job done.

15. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

I heard that the whiskey isn't doing as well as made out. He shoulda gone on dragons den with the idea instead.

16. dantes

It's an awful excuse for a whiskey, is probably why.

17. Athens

Athens Greatest Bloke Ever [Citation Needed] Member

I've heard that the whiskey is made by Bushmills, which is a bit weird as their whiskies are nice. Unless they made it shit on purpose, it could be part of the tayto wars. A side campaign, like the invasion of Italy.

18. ILD

Where did you hear that? I've heard the opposite? Truth is prob someone in between.

19. Athens

Athens Greatest Bloke Ever [Citation Needed] Member

I had read that it tasted like crap.

I don't remember where I read that, though.

20. ILD

Oh it might taste like crap but I read it was selling.