1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

UFC

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by PepeReina, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Forgot to say that Khabib vs Ferguson is signed too, looking forward to that. Presume Tony will get beat, but the kid has loads of heart, loads of stamina, and stings you a million times with low power shots. I can't remember him going up against a wrestler though, maybe Johnson years ago? (which he lost) Let alone one of the calibre of Khabib. Should be a good fight though, and he has a decent ground game when he gets put down there.

2. dantes

dantes Very Well-Known Member

He has a better chance than you think. Ferguson's ground game is plenty formidable.

3. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Absolutely, he does have a 'good' ground game, no doubt about that. But, it's better when he's on top, not on his back. He's never spent any time on his back with an elite level wrestler ontop of him. And he's not Damian Maia either. As I said, good fight, looking forward to it, and it's not a shoe-in like the mcgregor fight was but you'd think Khabib is heavy favourite.

4. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Bit of an anti-climax that main event considering how well they both did in their previous fights. Fair play to Usman, got the job done and got the finish. He did get an accidental eye poke, but the creepy fucker did not get kicked in the balls.
    Do they give Masividal a title shot now? Dana loves him. I'm sure Woodley would like another go.

5. gytisfromhr

gytisfromhr Noob Member

I believe Masividal doesn't want title shot himself, cause no money in that fight, now he is bigger than title.. conor, nick diaz even colby would be more appealing for him I believe, don't you think so?) Usman is to risky for him, maybe after another money fight he can go try to go for a title

6. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Masvidal I'm sure love a money fight vs conor, but, conor is tied up - If he beats Cerrone then he's getting another go at Khabib straight away, and if he loses, then he's as good as done.
    Diaz is a fair one, but I'm not sure how competitive that would be, and would Dana want to let Diaz headline a ppv, and all that money, straight off a like 5yr break and he's only an average fighter? Not sure.

7. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

So the UFC is back wkend with a pretty dire card, but with mcgregor and cerrone topping it. Mcgregor hasn't won a fight for 4yrs, and Cerrone has lost 6 won 4 in that time, and lost his last 2 against very good opposition. Cerrone has more wins in the UFC by submission than ko, so he should defo be trying to get mcgregor over as he's got zero ground game to defend.  I suspect Cerrone will get get cracked, but it'd be lovely to see him sleep the little prick again.
    Will be interesting if at the single press day they do for this (not sure why they've not promoted it), whether any of the press have the balls to ask mcgregor about the 2 sexual assault charges he's got going on that they're doing their very best to cover up.

8. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Looks like a reporter tried to press on the rape claims at the presser and got booed by the mcgregor fans and then got shut straight down by dana and even cerrone, so he'll get a free ride on that.

Cerrone is talking like he's just going to try and be all macho and go for a scrap in the middle of the octagon with conor, if he really is that stupid it's going to be a very short night for him, a rnd1 ko. He either needs to shoot and put conor on his arse where he's useless, or destroy his legs.

9. dantes

I'm not so sure. The last guy Conor smacked in this weight class got up from it every time. It's possible his power isn't as fatal here, Cowboy just needs to keep getting up, wait until the gas tank is completely empty, and then shoot.

If he shoots too early, he'll take a knee to the face, and definitely won't get up. Or fight again even.

10. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of conor, but he has a very good left hand, stand in the middle with him and walk on to that at your own peril. Corrone will go down if he does.
    As for taking the knee every time you shoot, Khabib put him on his arse for fun from round 1 and didn't get any damage from any knees.

I just hope Cerrone was talking shit about what he's got planned for tonight else it's going to be a round 1 ko, conor telling everyone he's the greatest ever, and dana giving him an immediate shot at Khabib.

11. dantes

It's immaterial now, Cerrone seems to have fucked his foot/ankle, he didn't take off his trackies at the weigh in and walked around like a strange retard probably attempting to hide it.

12. Modo

Modo A contentious scando Member

Show Spoiler
    Yeah I'm no expert but it didn't look like Cerrone wanted to fight.

13. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

As I thought, the spaz got smashed in round 1.
    Good luck to Conor, big fight for him next against some proper opposition. If it's the winner of Tony Vs khabib, it's not gonna be for a while yet.

14. dantes

Those shoulders understandably took him by surprise, other than not try to shoot in after 3 seconds, there's not a lot he could have done to avoid his face getting fucked to bits.

15. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever From Doubter to Believer -Cashed out to Cashed Up Member

Say what you like about him but he’s not half bad at comeback fights.

16. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

He'll continue to be amazing at them if they keep giving him bums

Khabib fights April, so I can't see this fight happening till late into this year if Khabib decides to give it a go. Wonder if conor will take another fight in the meantime. I'd like to see him fight Usman/Convington/Woodley/Edwards/Lawler/Gaethje as a warm up, but I suspect they'll give him someone else bollocks.

17. ILD

ILD Very Well-Known Member

Mors, your bias continues to cloud your judgement. Cerrone a bum? He has the most wins in UFC. He is known for a slow start against boxers and as expected got lit up. You questioned Mcgregor's power using Diaz as an example. Diaz is a freak of nature who has a history of walking through punches. Just like he did with Mazvidal. Diaz takes a battering that would TKO other fighters. If the Doctor hadn't stopped the BMF fight then Diaz would have continued to eat punches. He would have lost the fight but he would keep getting back up.

Mcgregor isn't hand picking fights. He fought Poirier and Max Holloway in his younger year. Chad Mendez at short notice. Then Aldo. He cleaned out that division. He then fought the current lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez and beat him. He also fought Khabib. It didn't go well for him but rumours of drinking, bad camp and poor in fight tactics cost him. Plus Khabib is a monster. You could argue picking Cowboy was a soft fight but Mcgregor probably doesn't want to take a 155lbs fight unless it's for the title. He also wants to stay in the 170lbs division to give him the opportunity to fight Mazvidal.  

Don't get me wrong Mcgregor has done despicable things but I'm separating the man from the fighter. Same way Mike Tyson was a despicable human being but we can still admire his art form and boxing style.

18. My_Blood_Bleeds_Red

My_Blood_Bleeds_Red Well-Known Member

Nate is indeed a freak of a nature. One of the most underrated fighters imo. Kinda like him as a fighter not so much as a person. If only he had a bit more brains....

19. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Hang on a second, his ability isn't clouding my judgement, I'm not disputing he's very good, but, he's not really had a proper fight with anyone decent and won. I'll back that up by outlining a list of his main opponents so it doesn't just like I'm making shit up. Please feel free to call me out on any of the below and keep me honest.

Khabib:
    Don't really need to say anything here. Got fucking murdered. Said he had an amazing camp, said he was bang on it.

Mayweather:
    Did a decent enough job against a way out of his prime Mayweather, never looked like winning, was beaten easily.

Nate1&2:
    Nate is fucking terrible with a terrible record, not even a top 10 fighter. One thing he is brilliant at is JJ, and stupidly conor decided to put himself on the ground after getting rocked by piss poor shots (and slaps ffs!) from nate, and then got finished on a fairly even fight. Conor comfortably won the rematch, but again, Nate is hardly even a top 10 fighter, never held a belt.

Aldo:
    Splat. 1 shot 1 punch 1 ko. Great shot. Fair play. Douglas beat tyson, tarver beat jones. This doesn't mean douglas and tarver are any good. It means conor was great over the course of one punch and fair play to him.

Mendes:
    Mendes was a very limited wrestler, had beaten nobody, had 2 big fights in his life, against Aldo, lost both. Got on the main stage and was a deer in the headlights for a better fighter.

Cerrone:
    Cerrone came into the fight having never held a belt, lost his last 2, lost 6 out of his last 10, with the highlight of his career maybe coming a few years back when he won an iffy decision vs Alvarez that many thought he lost. He's been in one title fight in his life vs RDA and lost that. Fucking useless.

So for me, no, he's not proven himself. He's not fought the big names and put on a multi-round beating on any of them. Ala Jon Jones.

20. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Nate is shit, overall. Brilliant at JJ, and a top lad outside of fighting. But in the octagon, absolute bollocks.
    Fought Rory - lost
    Fought Masvidal - lost
    Fought conor - lost
    Fought RDA - lost
    Fought bendo - lost