1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

UFC

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by PepeReina, Sep 16, 2010.

1. dantes

dantes Very Well-Known Member

I missed the part where they fought.

SaRed likes this.
  2. Ijg

Ijg Well-Known Member

What a waste of 25 mins of my life.

SaRed likes this.
  3. SaRed

SaRed Active Member

Women's championship fight was good though.
    They just knocked the shit out of each other.

4. dantes

Her head was a balloon

5. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Don't watch the womens fighting as it's bollocks, but that main event surely can't have been much worse than anything they'd served up. The last bender refused to engage and was just tippy tappy attacking now and then, and romero the idiot refused to fight unless the last bender hit him first so he could counter. Absolute farce. And of course uncle dana said it's all Romero's fault and his boy the bender did absolutely nothing wrong. Of course.

6. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

So Dana thinks he's going to carry on regardless, and put up events with no fans. Purely because he's shitting it about financial penalties from ESPN, and the owners have just drawn every last drop of blood and money out of them to the tune of 300mill in a dividend. He's on about moving the shows around to states with no rules or much less regulation. He's just tried moving it to vegas and they've shut him down, the London card has gone.

7. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

So now Dana has decided he's a dickhead after all, and can't put on the next 3 shows. But he's still defo putting on Tony vs Khabib next month. Of course you are Dana.
    Nearly as bad as Vince running wrestlemania in a warehouse in a couple of weeks, just why bother.

8. dantes

Nobody will go to a mates house or a pub to watch it. They will all be bored at home in self isolation. The PPV numbers will be insane.

9. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Anyone think Tony vs Khabib will happen then? I was reading the other day that Tony doesn't do any sparring, hasn't for years. I find that quite surprising from a timing point of view. Unless you're running at 500fps and they're running at 10, I can't see how it makes sense not to work on your timing on a moving target. Getting hit maybe not so much, once you've bit hit in the face a bit when you're younger, and when you've been hit really really hard a few times, I guess there's not that much to learn on the getting hit front.

Other fighters are starting to convince themselves they'll be fighting soon too, e.g Cormier. Maybe uncle Dana has told them all he'll be shipping them all off to a warehouse in Saudi Arabia to do it. Or maybe he could just hire an illegal rendition ship off the american/british shitbags.

10. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

What's all this shit with Till getting pictured with this Daniel Kinahan? For all you Irish out there, is he a proper bad cunt this Kinahan?
    It seems to be plain sight knowledge that him and his old man are drugs/arms traffickers, so why don't they just nick the cunts?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  11. dantes

Arrest him you say? Nobody gets to outbones bones...

12. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

The other bones is now nicked. Firing a gun in public ,being stoned and pissed whilst driving a car. He's an utter utter spaz. Dana will cast a blind eye of course, as usual. But someone needs to ban the fucker for life. He's been useless anyway since they've started drug testing him.

13. dantes

14. ILD

ILD Very Well-Known Member

Useless? He didn't lose any fights.

15. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Prior to getting drug tested, he was unreal, destroying everything put in front of him and top level opposition (e.g Cormier, Belfort, Gus, Rashad). Since getting drug tested, he's fought Gus, Smith, Santos, Reyes - decisioned 3 of them and should have lost the Reyes and Santos fights apart from dodgy ref decisions.
    He's got a high bar to reach now of his old performances when he was cheating, I can't see him getting back there, he looks a completely different fighter now.

16. dantes

Article:
    The UFC’s confidence in holding the Covid-19-stricken event took a hit after Russia announced a strict travel ban on March 30. Khabib revealed the news in Russian during an Instagram Live session on Monday. “As far as I know, they [UFC] are now looking for an opponent for Tony Ferguson ... I cannot leave [Russia] and Tony needs an opponent, and I am here in Russia. It is not my own decision that I am here,” he said.

Looks like we'll be waiting until bellator 395 for this fight to finally happen.

[​IMG]

Mors likes this.
  17. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Yep, Khabib stuck in Russia and Tony stuck in the states, who'd have thought it. Only the 4th or 5th time its fell through.

18. ILD

Why did Khabib leave America two days before Russia were to close the border? Why not stay in America until a location was sorted?

19. ILD

He can only fight who's put in front of him. He's cleaned out the division twice. Everyone seems to be undefeated until they face him.

20. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Appaz the UFC told him 100% there was no chance they'll be able to fight over there, and it was most likely to be the middle east or somewhere similar, so advised Khabib to head there. He went, and they started to shut their borders too, so he told the UFC he'd head to his own camp and wait there until they gave him the details. Now they've decided they've fucked it all up, and there's a small chance they might be able to get it on in the states, but he now can't get there. Absolute dickheads the UFC.

Re Jones, yep, he's beating everything put in front of him, absolutely. But the standard of his performances are going down and down so it's inevitable he's going to come unstuck. It looks like Anderson Silva all over again, another drugs cheat.