• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

United post-match delirium

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC

United, mediocre and barely visible in Liverpool's rear-view mirror, were left clutching at the flimsiest of straws, talking up missed chances, effort and the fact they were not beaten out of sight.
Yeah, and Phil McNulty is a bitter, but he's been writing about this Klopp team with a sense of awe.

Quick question, am I the only one who regularly during the day (every day) just stares at the league table with a huge grin on my face.
No mate.

I even take a screenshot print out of it every week and stick it up on my bedroom wall.

What has it got in its pocketses, precioussssss? What is it? A ssssssixteen point lead, precious?! 30 pointses ahead of Uniteds? NOT fair! Not fair, nasty little horrible Kloppses!

Yeah fuck you, Ole, here's some RAAAAAAAAAATTTTIIIIINNNNNNNNNGS!!!!!

The first time we've heard it around Anfield: we're going to win the league. And it was belted out with conviction after this dominant performance was capped with a deserved last-gasp goal to seal victory. How it was left that late is a minor miracle, after two goals disallowed - one very borderline - and a whole host of spurned opportunities, as we made United look like they'd just stepped out of a spin-wash at times. There was even a couple of chances for them, which would have been a travesty had any gone in. 2-0 was the scoreline, but the gap between Liverpool and the rest is a yawning chasm now.

Alisson (8) Made two smart saves, and was master of his domain, with a calmness and authority that was almost palpable. On a decent run of clean sheets, and is now adding assists to his game, which is nice. Decent turn of pace too.

TAA (7) Lovely ball in for Big Virg to thump home, and created a few other decent opportunities. Solid defensively and was typically adroit with the ball.

Virgil (9) Caused panic in their area, and was a gleaming beacon of God-like power in defence; winning almost everything in the air, and on the ground.

Gomez (7) Great to watch when he's in the groove, going forward with aplomb and dealing with attacks with his signature unfussiness. Didn't give United much of a sniff and was also accurate and clever with his passing.

Robertson (7) James can be a handful with his pace, but Robbo is quick himself and kept him largely contained with a series of blocks and tackles to help nullify his threat. Saw a lot of the ball in attack and his running power and ability in their half made him a useful outlet.

Henderson (8) Back straight, chest puffed out, chin jutting, Captain Henderson charged about the midfield and helped us take almost total control for large periods of the game. Just never stopped moving, chasing, harrying and cajoling. Used the ball well and had one belting effort touched onto the post. Bravo.

Wijnaldum (8) I'm not entirely sure what position he was playing, but it was sort of "Midfield Everywhere", as he popped up right in front of United players, like he had a series of trapdoors hidden around the pitch, and nicked possession. Fred was given a torrid time, or rather no time at all, because as soon as the ball was anywhere near him, there was Wijnaldum again, cackling as he ran off with it. Some delicate passing and close control, and one lovely finish - albeit slightly offside. In this mood and form, he's a complete midfielder.

Chamberlain (7) We saw more of the attritional nature of his game, as if he was keen to remind everyone that he likes and excels at the gritty stuff too, and that was great to see. Made a few of his more signature driving forays forward too, but that petered out a bit in the second half. Cracked in one nice effort from range that worked De Gea.

Salah (7) Had a right battle with their defence, and Shaw in particular seemed to be all over him, but as is his wont, takes knocks, doesn't led bad misses bother him and just carries on scoring - 11 league goals and 15 for the season so far; top scorer.

Mane (7) Wan-Bissaka was given the run-around at times, after being lauded as the best "one on one" defender in the league after a game against Sterling. This was a different kettle of fishies, as Mane came at him from all angles, and he had Robbo overlapping and Firmino fancying it too. Will be disappointed not to score, with a couple of opportunities that he'd usually gobble up, but played well and was a fucking menace as usual.

Firmino (7) So cruel that his first Anfield goal of the season was disallowed - wrongly - because it was a beautiful finish and he deserved it. Missed another chance to break the home duck, but made up for it by tormenting the United defenders, much to the delight of everyone watching. Apart from United fans, obvs. They probably enjoyed it about as much as Maguire and Wan-Bissaka: ie not at all.

EOt0R3uX0AAE-3w.jpg

Mane (7) Wan-Bissaka was given the run-around at times, after being lauded as the best "one on one" defender in the league after a game against Sterling. This was a different kettle of fishies, as Mane came at him from all angles, and he had Robbo overlapping and Firmino fancying it too. Will be disappointed not to score, with a couple of opportunities that he'd usually gobble up, but played well and was a fucking menace as usual.

Firmino (7) So cruel that his first Anfield goal of the season was disallowed - wrongly - because it was a beautiful finish and he deserved it. Missed another chance to break the home duck, but made up for it by tormenting the United defenders, much to the delight of everyone watching. Apart from United fans, obvs. They probably enjoyed it about as much as Maguire and Wan-Bissaka: ie not at all.

Mane had zero luck against AWB ... he was under control most of the game unfortunately ...
But ... bobby sat AWB down twice on one dribble quite beautifully ... Never seen him fooled like that.
If he could add more to his attacking game, AWB would be on the same level of TAA's.

Ole is really bitter. "Most direct team in the league," "long balls, second balls," "it's not like they carve you open."

He really is a horrible little twit. It must bite at him hard inside that he is deep down a Liverpool fan and everyone at old toilet knows it.

Mane had zero luck against AWB ... he was under control most of the game unfortunately ...
But ... bobby sat AWB down twice on one dribble quite beautifully ... Never seen him fooled like that.
If he could add more to his attacking game, AWB would be on the same level of TAA's.

That's the biggest "if" ever. He looks almost incapable of even passing a ball straight and his technique and control is horrible.

I hate being the bringer of a glint of light for Utd- but Fred showed me yesterday he isn't the joke midfielder I had him pegged down as. That period where United got back into it was largely Fred being brave on the ball and using it well, and also working hard off the ball. Seems like he might be a good player after all.

I hate being the bringer of a glint of light for Utd- but Fred showed me yesterday he isn't the joke midfielder I had him pegged down as. That period where United got back into it was largely Fred being brave on the ball and using it well, and also working hard off the ball. Seems like he might be a good player after all.

Yeah, he never stopped working, and showed in little spells that he's got some quality - certainly compared to what he's shown in previous seasons.

But Matic is a bit too static, so he often found himself surrounded by Wijnaldum, Henderson and Chamberlain; notably he actually started making a bit of a difference when Lallana came on for Chamberlain. Didn't last long, mind you.

I felt sure Wan Bissaka was offside for the chance created for Pereira (which many Mancs are still going on about) so thought I'd check it out. Not one of the dozen videos I checked showed the critical moment the pass was struck - as Wan Bissaka wasn't ever in the frame (which in itself was weird because being even wider would mean even more ground to cover to get to where he is in this screengrab) ! This one is a fraction of a second (1/2 sec?) taken after the critical moment and I can't see how on earth he could have been onside. I'm sure had Pereira scored then, like Gini's, this too would have been ruled out.

Screenshot-2020-01-20-at-15-28-36.png

Yes but his passing is shite though and he got bypassed too often by our midfield. Yesterday's game wasnt the best advert for him but he was Man U's best player imo.

Yes but his passing is shite though and he got bypassed too often by our midfield. Yesterday's game wasn't the best advert for him but he was Man U's best player imo.
Sky Player Ratings (as voted for by the fans) had him at 5.xx (the only United player to score above 4.xx) ! By contrast none of our 14 players had less than 6.xx.

United fans have voted him MotM for 3 of their past 5 games.

I felt sure Wan Bissaka was offside for the chance created for Pereira (which many Mancs are still going on about) so thought I'd check it out. Not one of the dozen videos I checked showed the critical moment the pass was struck - as Wan Bissaka wasn't ever in the frame ! This one is a fraction of a second (1/2 sec?) taken after the critical moment and I can't see how on earth he could have been onside. I'm sure had Pereira scored then, like Gini's, this too would have been ruled out.

Screenshot-2020-01-20-at-15-28-36.png

I thought the same, Mané had his hand up immediately as though he had tracked his run and left him when he strayed offside as hes pretty much still in line with the last defender and AWB is about 8 yards ahead. Its possible hes just times his run to perfection, I know hes quick, but Id be very surprised if hes that fast.

He was scums best player yesterday by miles.

With both Hendo and VvD playing some stunning 50-60 yard passes to feet and our FBs whacking the ball cross field to switch the focus we did play a lot of long balls ... cos we're good at it :)

With both Hendo and VvD playing some stunning 50-60 yard passes to feet and our FBs whacking the ball cross field to switch the focus we did play a lot of long balls ... cos we're good at it :)
Yeah it isnt exactly Carra to Heskey/Crouch balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom