• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Well-Known
Haven't seen much discussion on this but United have just signed Mkhitaryan.
Add to that the signing of Ibrahimovic and Mourinho and they're looking quite decent.
Considering how shit we both were last year, it kind of stings to see them lure players of that calibre while we spend over £30 million on Mane.
How do you think United will go this year?

It does sting and nobody can really deny that but it should be of no real surprise given the money they make as a Club each year. And that's without Champions League this coming season.

So far I don't see anything to be too worried about. Zlatan is not the same player he was 2-3 years ago – he was incredibly static at the Euros and seems less agile almost by the week. It will be fun to see his face when Mourinho benches him, sparks and feathers will fly.

Mkhitaryan is a talented player, but I have doubts that he will be a good fit. He didn't fit too well in Klopp's counter-attacking team and because he wasn't comfortable with the style of play his finishing became uncharacteristically erratic (if not awful). He improved under Tuchel, who plays more possession-oriented game – which is of course total opposite of the style Mourinho likes to play! You never know, but it's a strange signing for me – I would think Mane would actually fit Mourinho's team a lot better!

I don't know much about Bailly, but the fee is clearly ridiculous. The players I worry the most at United are Martial and Rashford, so let's hope Mourinho justifies his reputation for not trusting young players.

Dortmund being a wee bit snide here:

"After intensive discussions, BVB has complied to the wish of the Armenian national team member; to join the fifth-place English team last season, Manchester United, for the new season.

“Borussia Dortmund wishes Henrikh Mkhitaryan all the best for the coming season in both the Premier League and in the Uefa Europa League,” the statement adds.

"After intensive discussions, BVB has complied to the wish of the Armenian national team member; to join the fifth-place English team last season, Manchester United, for the new season.

“Borussia Dortmund wishes Henrikh Mkhitaryan all the best for the coming season in both the Premier League and in the Uefa Europa League,” the statement adds.

Boss, Tha

That's terrific.

So far I don't see anything to be too worried about. Zlatan is not the same player he was 2-3 years ago – he was incredibly static at the Euros and seems less agile almost by the week. It will be fun to see his face when Mourinho benches him, sparks and feathers will fly.

Mkhitaryan is a talented player, but I have doubts that he will be a good fit. He didn't fit too well in Klopp's counter-attacking team and because he wasn't comfortable with the style of play his finishing became uncharacteristically erratic (if not awful). He improved under Tuchel, who plays more possession-oriented game – which is of course total opposite of the style Mourinho likes to play! You never know, but it's a strange signing for me – I would think Mane would actually fit Mourinho's team a lot better!

I don't know much about Bailly, but the fee is clearly ridiculous. The players I worry the most at United are Martial and Rashford, so let's hope Mourinho justifies his reputation for not trusting young players.

You don't see the possibilities for a Drogba / Lampard type setup with those two? Very different players of course but perhaps that's the thinking.

United were always going to spend a lot this Summer on quality players. We shouldn't kid ourselves, Mkhitaryan is way above anyone they currently have in midfield and Zlatan's experience, in a young attack, shouldn't be under-estimated. They surely haven't finished spending and I'd be surprised not to see another 2-3 top level players arrive. Even despite us having no Euro football and them playing in the EL, we'll still do extremely well to finish above them.

They will still be a soulless, heartless team but now they also have a soulless, heartless manager that many players don't respect at all.

The day is lone gone since the players had any respect for Mourinho. The Eva gate destroyed his career. I wonder what Rashford will think when he is benched in almost every game?

They won't win any penalty shoot outs next season based on last nights evidence.

Mourinho goes to wealthy clubs, buys top players and wins stuff. The one hope here is that he genuinely seems to be trying to look and act like a 'proper' manc manager - though god knows where this bizarre myth, post-Busby, came from. Busby, I guess! - and, in close proximity to Guardiola, and a much more cynical press, he'll crack at some point. But they'd need a blip for that to even start to happen.

They will still be a soulless, heartless team but now they also have a soulless, heartless manager that many players don't respect at all.

The day is lone gone since the players had any respect for Mourinho. The Eva gate destroyed his career. I wonder what Rashford will think when he is benched in almost every game?
Fair point... RE: Rushford, Mata and any other players who find themselves out of favor... it's gonna be fun watching the United outcasts scurry to find new clubs!

They do have a good core of young players - Fosu Mensah and others who can be great support casts in a title challenge and form the basis of a good team for ages. Hopefully Mourinho drives them away with his short termism.

He will drive the young talents away. How many young excellent talents have got a chance with Mourinho as manager? I don't think a single one ever got a fair chance. He moves to clubs that want success straight away and because of that young talents will never get a chance. The top class players he sign demands league wins and excellent CL results. His methods is so mentally weird that players only accept the methods when they win. I wonder how long time Zlatan for example will accept that Mourinho will hire detectives so he know what he do on his free time?

He did that at Real and I doubt that it didn't happen at his other clubs. Hire detectives to spy on the players and on his staff. He is the biggest control freak in world football. He is so afraid that what they do behind closed doors will leak to the press that must have total control, that his weird methods will leak out.

Man U now have a maniac as manager. The players will accept him but only if they win, win, win. If they for example finish in third place then he will lose the dressing room, no ifs or buts, he will lose the dressing room, again.

Young talents will never get a fair chance and will lose the dressing room, the question is when and not if it will happen.

He will drive the young talents away. How many young excellent talents have got a chance with Mourinho as manager? I don't think a single one ever got a fair chance. He moves to clubs that want success straight away and because of that young talents will never get a chance. The top class players he sign demands league wins and excellent CL results. His methods is so mentally weird that players only accept the methods when they win. I wonder how long time Zlatan for example will accept that Mourinho will hire detectives so he know what he do on his free time?

He did that at Real and I doubt that it didn't happen at his other clubs. Hire agents to spy on the players and on his staff. He is the biggest control freak in world football. He is so afraid that what they do behind closed doors will leak to the press that must have total control, that his weird methods will leak out.

Man U now have a maniac as manager. The players will accept him but only if they win, win, win. If they for example finish in third place then he will lose the dressing room, no ifs or buts, he will lose the dressing room, again.

Young talents will never get a fair chance and will lose the dressing room, the question is when and not if it will happen.

I think you are forgetting Arn that Mourinho and Zlatan have an established and very mutually respectful relationship from their time at Inter. In fact, I doubt Zlatan would have signed for them this summer had Mourinho not been installed as Man Utd manager.

I wouldn't say that Mourinho is a maniac either, but he is certainly a little bit of an unknown quantity now. I say that because by sacking him when they did Chelsea denied us the chance of seeing if he could have turned it around, so going into the new season we don't really know if Man Utd have gotten themselves a title winning manager or one that has lost his touch.

Heart says he's lost his touch, but head says last year was a bit of a blip and he'll have learned from it, sadly.

I'm looking forward to hearing Manc fans try to pronounce "Mkhitaryan".

How cheesed off must Mata be now? Gets away from Mourinho. gets his feet under the table at Old Toilet and all of a sudden Mourinho fetches up there too.

The title is terrible. United full stop. Fucking hell. I hate calling them United. There's loads of uniteds. I was expecting this to be about the demise of Hereford.

What would you have recommended instead? Man Yoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom