• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Utd Hold Talks With Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom

Well-Known
According to the BBC. So that's city and Utd with world class managers and ridiculously deep pockets. Throw a no doubt resurgent Chelsea into that mix from next season and that's the league out of reach for the foreseeable future.

Reports in Spain yesterday said he's agreed to go & they've given him the promise of huge funds. Joy.

Classy move to hold talks with another manager while the current one is still there. I wonder which side leaked the story...

Either the older-established members of the board have got over their previous objections or they're being outvoted.

I think they're desperate. Fans & the club.

They know full well the longer they go without winning things the harder to it will be to get back to the top again.

As a result they're going for someone they know is all but guaranteed to win them things, albeit for a short period & at a high cost.

Whether they have a plan what to do after the third season when it all goes to shit, I don't know. I hope not.

Last edited:
According to the BBC. So that's city and Utd with world class managers and ridiculously deep pockets. Throw a no doubt resurgent Chelsea into that mix from next season and that's the league out of reach for the foreseeable future.
Or, United might enjoy a season or two of success until the problems resurface and they're left with a further dilapidated squad thanks to Jose's short termism.

I'd rather they get Mourinho then Simeone.

If they get him in its a huge gamble, will divide the fan base and Mourinho will obviously get the media against them.

Hope he continues his good form from this season.

UTD fans bring Mourinho to bring back passion, then in 3 or 4 yearrs let Giggs take over..

Fucking hell, Giggs won't have a clue what to do after the mess that Mourinho will have left him..

Classy move to hold talks with another manager while the current one is still there. I wonder which side leaked the story...
Are you talking about City or United ? Class has nothing to do with it. In both cases I'm sure both managers already knew they weren't being retained and it would be horribly remiss of any company not to investigate who is going to take over - or would you expect them to sack / release them first and then start looking ?

UTD fans all have this vision Giggs will one day be their manager, he is like the Chosen One MKii..

Are you talking about City or United ? Class has nothing to do with it. In both cases I'm sure both managers already knew they weren't being retained and it would be horribly remiss of any company not to investigate who is going to take over - or would you expect them to sack / release them first and then start looking ?
I'd expect a club to have a plan to replace a manager that isn't doing well. Draw up a shortlist etc, but that doesn't mean meeting/interviewing other managers while the current one is still in place. Unless the current one has told them he wants to leave at the end of the season of course.

If Utd have leaked the story to appease their fans then its very classless indeed.

It's total desperation and I'm not even sure he'll be able to do it there. If ferguson is one of the anti people the battles will start from day 1 and having Guardiola in the same city will be explosive for him. I honestly think he's a busted flush now.

I'd expect a club to have a plan to replace a manager that isn't doing well. Draw up a shortlist etc, but that doesn't mean meeting/interviewing other managers while the current one is still in place. Unless the current one has told them he wants to leave at the end of the season of course.

If Utd have leaked the story to appease their fans then its very classless indeed.
OK let's put it another way. Do you think LvG and Pellegrini don't know they are not being retained ?

There's also the problem that Maureen's teams play the type of football that united fans claim they hate.

Although if he wins stuff they'd probably change their tune.

OK let's put it another way. Do you think LvG and Pellegrini don't know they are not being retained ?
Well they do now obviously. We don't know if they were told before their clubs started looking elsewhere, and that becoming public.

I wouldn't be too happy if my boss did this to me.

I get what you're saying though.

Last edited:
There's also the problem that Maureen's teams play the type of football that united fans claim they hate.

Although if he wins stuff they'd probably change their tune.

I think they're getting a little desperate now, I would imagine even moreso now that Guardiola has been confirmed. They're already dealing with boring football under LVG so might as well be playing boring football and winning games.

All clubs do it, according us.

The biggest issue is some dickhead from one side has leaked it, which isn't the best start to any new potential relationship, particularly when their will already be suspicions from United side.

Gutted if this happens, He will win them the league in 2 seasons, no doubt about it.

I don't care if he only stays for 3 years, I want Utd to fall away the way we did.

Pretty much nailed on for no CL footy next year so another couple of seasons of rubbish could have seen them fall away completely.

Either the older-established members of the board have got over their previous objections or they're being outvoted.

Charlton was the most obvious anti-Mourinho member of the old guard, but his backing and public approval of Moyes has probably ensured they won't listen to him quite so much this time.

"I have always said that we wanted the next manager to be a genuine Manchester United man," said Charlton "In David Moyes, we have someone who understands the things that make this such a special club. We have secured a man who is committed to the long-term and will build teams for the future as well as now. Stability breeds success. David has tremendous strength of character and recognises the importance of bringing young players through and developing them alongside world class talent. At United, I think David will be able to express himself. I am delighted he has accepted and I'm looking forward to working with him."

He'll be under so much pressure there he'll melt down within a year.

Just imagine how much hate you'll be able to feel with Maureen in charge of the scum.

We'll all be Sith Lords by Christmas.

He'll be under so much pressure there he'll melt down within a year.

Just imagine how much hate you'll be able to feel with Maureen in charge of the scum.

We'll all be Sith Lords by Christmas.

With Guardiola at City, my hatred of Manchester will be entire, and all-consuming and my journey to the Dark Side complete.

With City getting that preening wanker, I don't see that United have any choice but to employ the one manager who gets right under his skin and right on his tits. It would be entirely the wrong reason to give him the United job, but it's made the possibility very high indeed now.

"Jose Mourinho is the manager Guardiola hates most in the world, so just for a laugh, that's why we have employed him to work in the same city as manager of Manchester united"

It's funny the way that Man Utd directors seem to think Mourinho is the antithesis of what a manager of that club should be, seeing him as someone who complains about referees, the fixtures, the media and other players; someone who constantly tries to influence the FA and the referees. A bully. Someone constantly trying mind games.

Awful decision on United's part if true.

If I were them I'd go all out for Pochettino. Knows the English game, can develop young players, decent sort who won't drag the club's name down by stupid antics.

But more importantly - revamp the strategy of the club. Stop buying overpriced and overpaid superstars like Di Maria and Shweinsteiger. Use the resources to go for THE best 17 - 19 year old kids, build up a nucleus that develops together - teach them a philosophy like the classic United wide attacking game. Even if you miss out on a Champions League season or two.

Getting Mourinho and throwing silly money at him is a bit like becoming a poor man's Real Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom