• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

VAR new low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mors

Well-Known
So it looks like VAR has descended to new depths last night - 3 games, 3 penalties decisions wrong, 1 in each game. Wtf.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53357841

Michael Oliver was running VAR last night for all the games and got all the decisions wrong.

I'm all for VAR, it's just implementing the rules of the game (some of which are obviously broken), but how on earth can a professional ref get that many penalty calls wrong on the bump? He also had the ability to see them from all the different angles at full speed and slow motion. It's forgiveable for a ref, just about, but not VAR.
Oliver has the spurs game at the weekend too, surely he should be banned to the championship for a season or something now?

I was all for VAR....until yesterday.

It can completely fuck the fuck off.

Only explanation is that referees are sleeping/drinking heavy on the job, fucking useless cunts.

Some of them don't like to overturn their mates decisions whether they are wrong or not. They hide behind the clear and obvious mistake thing far too often and it stinks. VAR referees should be held to the same standards as pitch side referees and if they have a stinker then demotion to lower leagues should be the answer, I'm sure they'd make a lot more correct decisions if there were something at stake for them personally.

I've only seen the pen Man U got against Villa and it was a horrendous decision to give it.
I think it's English refs purposely trying to ruin it.
Still, I'm not against VAR.
Man U pen would have still been a pen if VAR wasn't implemented.

So it looks like VAR has descended to new depths last night - 3 games, 3 penalties decisions wrong, 1 in each game. Wtf.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53357841

Michael Oliver was running VAR last night for all the games and got all the decisions wrong.

I'm all for VAR, it's just implementing the rules of the game (some of which are obviously broken), but how on earth can a professional ref get that many penalty calls wrong on the bump? He also had the ability to see them from all the different angles at full speed and slow motion. It's forgiveable for a ref, just about, but not VAR.
Oliver has the spurs game at the weekend too, surely he should be banned to the championship for a season or something now?
Are you sure it was Oliver and not *him*?

06c3b1b1a99022db19955ed68a9717fc.jpg

Are you sure he had all three games? That doesn’t seem right. Two were being played at the same time.

I'd read in one of the articles that a single ref was running VAR last night, happy to be corrected. Oliver defo in the frame though as Mourinho called him out.
How on earth they can fuck up pens on all 3 games.

I'd read in one of the articles that a single ref was running VAR last night, happy to be corrected. Oliver defo in the frame though as Mourinho called him out.
How on earth they can fuck up pens on all 3 games.

I just checked the premier league website. Bournemouth: Assistant VAR: VAR: Michael Oliver. Sian Massey-Ellis.
Everton: VAR: Andy Madley. Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes
Villa: VAR: Graham Scott. Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

My conclusion is they’re all incompetent.

Nothing wrong we VAR itself, It is the sometimes baffling decisions made by the incompetent officials opperating it... Do the even have all the angles to view the incidents...? And how many officials make the call..?

Some of them don't like to overturn their mates decisions whether they are wrong or not. They hide behind the clear and obvious mistake thing far too often and it stinks. VAR referees should be held to the same standards as pitch side referees and if they have a stinker then demotion to lower leagues should be the answer, I'm sure they'd make a lot more correct decisions if there were something at stake for them personally.

The lack of pitch-side monitors is ridiculous. Referees should be made to watch it and take personal responsibility for their decisions.

For an obviously incorrect decision like the Kane or Fernandes one they need to (at the very least) give a public written account of their reasoning.

The lack of pitch-side monitors is ridiculous. Referees should be made to watch it and take personal responsibility for their decisions.

For an obviously incorrect decision like the Kane or Fernandes one they need to (at the very least) give a public written account of their reasoning.
You're right that they need to take more responsibility. It's not like they're amateurs anymore, they get paid paid pretty well compared to most people and they do need to take more notice of the pitch side monitors or there's no point in them being there.
How many times this season have we seen new interpretations of the rules to defend VAR decisions? Some of the more memorable ones for me were Firmino at Aston villa when it was claimed that he was offside because of his shoulder when just a couple of weeks later Dele Alli scored a goal that hit him at least on the shoulder and probably the top half of his arm. The fuckers make it up as they go along to justify their decisions or the decisions of their colleagues.

It's the incompetent officials, not VAR itself. The technology would be great if you didn't have blithering idiots using it.

It's the incompetent officials, not VAR itself. The technology would be great if you didn't have blithering idiots using it.
Exactly, why mince words. If the refs are being swayed by loyalty then it's straight up corruption.

There was an idea from the start of this season (that was 7 years ago now, right?) that the VAR official should be from a different league, so as not to feel pressured to overrule a mate... That makes a lot of sense to me.

We suffered one bullshit decision after another during the time we could least afford it. David Ellery. Jeff Winter. Motherfucking Webb. Clattenburg. These cunts are scarred into our minds. Now that we are good enough to coast to victories despite the cunt referee, I for one am laughing and am all for this shitshow carrying on. Let the rest of the league feel the pain we endured. The idea that now it's their turn to suffer, suddenly the mistakes ought to get cut out and everything become fair, nah fuck off. Yesterday was brilliant.

Surprised at Oliver, as i think he's the best referee in the league. Moss on the other hand has now reffed 3 of Utd's last 4 away matches and awarded them 3 penos. one of which was overruled by VAR. Moss is therefore a cunt!

Pitch side monitor would solve this surely. Put the onus on the ref to correct his own decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom