• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Vardy close to joining Gunners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't that much of a fan of theirs overall either, but that album was exceptional. Nothing reminds me of student days quite so much.

9 times out of 10 if I'm doing a recovery set I'll play 'Dreams' cos it's ace and because 'Johnnie's Gonna Die' by the Replacements mixes perfectly after it by bassline

I got dragged to the O2 in Dublin last summer to see them.

OK ... but not a patch on the Bunnymen two months earlier in the Olympia

Obviously.

I also saw them in Liverpool last December when I was over for my second 25th birthday. Its been 6 months so starting to get withdrawal again
They play here a fair bit. Will and Les also brought Poltergeist over for a rare show a while back. Boss seeing the two of them grinning away on stage.

Even if one were to ignore the fact that his release clause is £20m, only a total fucking lunatic would pay anywhere near £40m for Jamie Vardy, and that's not even taking into account the fact that £32.5m was a very toppish price to pay for Benteke.

Oh I'm sure Liverpool FC will find a way to pay £40m for him.

They play here a fair bit. Will and Les also brought Poltergeist over for a rare show a while back. Boss seeing the two of them grinning away on stage.
First time I saw them, as a spotty 15 year old, they were supported by the Wild Swans. I heard that Les now plays for the latest incarnation

First time I saw them, as a spotty 15 year old, they were supported by the Wild Swans. I heard that Les now plays for the latest incarnation
Do the Wild Swans still play? Les seems to be more into making boats than music these days. He's moved to Australia as well.

[article]
In 2009, Pattinson was asked by lifelong friend, Paul Simpson, to play bass for the newly reunited Liverpudlian '80s band, The Wild Swans. They performed two shows at the Static Gallery in Liverpool in July of that year, and another in December. Pattinson also featured on The Wild Swans' album, 'The Coldest Winter for a Hundred Years', which was released in the summer of 2011, followed by a tour of the UK and the Philippines,[8] where they also performed live for a special appearance on the 'Eat Bulaga!' television show.
Pattinson is still a member of The Wild Swans, and is also a busy session musician.
[/article]

Arsenal can be very, very good next season if they sign Kante in addition to Xhaka and add one top-class striker (Benzema?). Let's hope they blow their bank on Vardy instead. I agree with Macca, he is not suited to the way Arsenal play and will likely struggle if he goes there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom