• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Very Important Announcement!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no Idea.. communication has never been that great, in the end it was from their perspective.. and I get this.. ticking over nicely.. Life becomes more important.

I'm at the point now I will happily transfer over the domain name for anyone wishing to continue this site by name.. its in my name.. but one of the founder member I think still receives the invoices..

Last edited:
Who are the owners ?

Maybe it’s finally time...a big chunk of my life spent on here..finally coming to an end...*sniffs*
Many have left..

Only whizzy and FFF remain as the founder members.. Their time like most is limited

I've inherited it in most parts.. As at the time was happy to support..

But as people leave, I don't want the responsibility of running this anymore..

It's time I don't have..

I'm perfectly happy to donate a few quid every year if it means paying some punter to take care of the site.

Can we not just leave it in to be serviced every 10,000 posts or so??

I'm having a shitload of pretty bad personal issues, means I don't have the time to make a decision on anything at all right now.

Sorry.
Sorry your having issues man, had noticed you hadn't been around much. Not sure there's much a stranger from the internet can offer other than well wishes. So here's some well wishes.

I really wanna help out here but again I'm in a world of shit and can't concentrate at the minute. What's the timeline? And would anybody be able to point me at the resources I'd need to learn? It might actually be good for me.

I really wanna help out here but again I'm in a world of shit and can't concentrate at the minute. What's the timeline? And would anybody be able to point me at the resources I'd need to learn? It might actually be good for me.
I believe timeline is like August so we aren't in a crazy rush. I think you just need to know how to migrate a server and everyone chips into a wordpress type plugin system for forums or whatever

I also might be chatting out my arse so Jono should tell you what's needed

Do you know any PC gurus like Jono who love Liverpool?
That's all we need - you know everyone, so I thought you'd have some good leads.

I believe timeline is like August so we aren't in a crazy rush. I think you just need to know how to migrate a server and everyone chips into a wordpress type plugin system for forums or whatever

I also might be chatting out my arse so Jono should tell you what's needed

If you're all arsed about the forum continuing. Have a whip round, buy another server, and pay this fella to migrate all your shit.

https://xenforo.com/community/members/claudio.1577/

The running of the site after the migration should be easy enough. You just need to know how to stop/start services and schedule backups etc... and most of this can be done via admin panels. As for Xenforo - it's a piece of piss to work with and even adding mods just needs a little basic FTP skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom