• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Villareal post-game: Keep the faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really, who has said that? Seriously, posts like these are just fucking nonsense. People offer up thoughtful, critical responses that are fairly balanced and we get ridiculous responses about posters overreacting. FFS.

I think it's probably posters saying stuff like "we're out" early in the thread that gets on peoples tits Mark.

I think it's probably posters saying stuff like " we're out" early in the thread that gets on peoples tits Mark.

It's not really though is it? Mom replied directly after my post (and Brendan's). It seems we've already got a KCDNW brigade.

I don't think Villarreal were there for the taking but it was disappointing that our best player didn't get a chance to play.

I think they looked during the game like they had a few brittle mentalities in their team, we got at them a few times and their players started to give in to challenges too easy. And you would think teams would learn by now about celebrating too early against us. I think/hope that the atmosphere will be too much for them at Anfield. They weren't that special, I was a bit disappointed with them really, Bruno looks a player and a couple of others showed a bit of spark every now and then, but they've got some pretty average players too.

What are you talking about? Atletico Madrid play a more powerful pressing game than we do. Barca have done for years.
Deflecting (though I agree on Atleti). And a comment on your overly critical assessment and low marks after consideration of my post ?

Last edited:
I think you're missing the point, as many are. I think everyone is agreed the gameplan worked and we had the measure of them. It's the failure to make the necessary tweeks "in game" that cost us from going one better.

Too many people are thinking it was job done because the initial tactics worked. We really could have completed the job.
I've already agreed with that point earlier in the thread (in fact I said it before you did) ! My point here is that Villareal didn't perform to their their potential because of our performance and therefore we don't deserve the heavy criticism from some.

I just finished watching the game ... Cloggy is my witness, I said I'd miss it ...
  • I thought the back 4 + Lucas were really solid during the game, until the goal. They worked well as a unit, only one chance came from Ibe's mistake and countless of smart tackles.
  • The goal was very disappointing - stupid pressure from Moreno and Lucas that left the team completely exposed. It's such a cruel twist of fate considering we were the better team most of the game.
  • Joe Allen ... so many fucking great positions he gets into and struggles to score goals ... That really should have been 1-0 early on ...
  • Firmino hurt us - it's not his form, but we had no one in the box to pass too ... Origi would have made a big difference here imo.
  • Disappointed with Ibe - he looked good against Bournemouth and then today? Looked like he was scared to try and beat a man ... Silly mistake almost create their goal too. I hope he's not shot confidence wise yet again.
  • If Moreno had a brain, he'd be world class ...
  • Odd that Studge didn't play one minute ... Is he being saved for Swansea?! :-/
  • Not overly confident for next week ... I think we were the better team but still, they'll be set up to get goals on the break and we struggle against that.

Girls, we came back from 3-1 down in the second half to win 4-3 a few weeks ago. Relax. This is Europe. This is Anfield. If nothing else, we're going to score a few.

it's not like perennial Euro loser B Rodge is in charge. J-Klopp is at the helm.

Perennial loser? He came the closest we have in 30yrs to winning the title. So far Klopp has a final appearance, which he lost. I'm not sure why people feel the need to have a dig at the guy in comparison to Klopp, he deserves more respect IMO.

Perennial loser? He came the closest we have in 30yrs to winning the title. So far Klopp has a final appearance, which he lost. I'm not sure why people feel the need to have a dig at the guy in comparison to Klopp, he deserves more respect IMO.

If you read or listen to what some of the players said about Rodgers then he don't deserve any respect at all. It all comes down to if you believe the players or not. There is a reason to why he lost the dressing room and that only a few months after almost winning the title. The players wanted a manager that respected them. Rodgers didn't do that.

I would say that if Suarez signed for a club like Stoke then they would have a great chance to win the league. They wouldn't need any other signing. He is that good. Having the best player on the planet playing for you and he never get injured helps a lot.

Suarez was the big reason to why we almost won the league, not Rodgers.

If that was true how come we didn't even qualify for Europe the previous season where Suarez played most of the games? Presumably because we didn't have Rory Delap to take throw ins

Oh really, who has said that? Seriously, posts like these are just fucking nonsense. People offer up thoughtful, critical responses that are fairly balanced and we get ridiculous responses about posters overreacting. FFS.
The first page has folk saying "we're out" and "blown it".
Stop overreacting to my non overreacting. You overreacting overreacterer.

I would say that if Suarez signed for a club like Stoke then they would have a great chance to win the league. They wouldn't need any other signing. He is that good. Having the best player on the planet playing for you and he never get injured helps a lot.

Suarez was the big reason to why we almost won the league, not Rodgers.
All this post says is that signing Suarez will mean Stoke won't win the league. What's the point in signing him then?

Of course Mark. I said euro loser though. While I appreciate that great year in the PL, I was talking about his less than stellar performance in Europe, in the EL, and the CL were terrible. It was that more than anything tha convinced me he had no future with us. So when you paraphrase me, don't forget to take all the adjectives I used!

Of course Mark. I said euro loser though. While I appreciate that great year in the PL, I was talking about his less than stellar performance in Europe, in the EL, and the CL were terrible. It was that more than anything tha convinced me he had no future with us. So when you paraphrase me, don't forget to take all the adjectives I used!

I missed that! Soz x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom