• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

vs Southampton (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was shit?

He isn't great at all, but he's a young lad, & you should never, ever play young players at CB for any long period of time, but regardless, the fact that he's missing & it's still a blow tells you how fucking gash our defence is.

Lovren, Klavan and Henderson all start. Bad times.

Coutinho, Salah and Manè start. Good times.

Decent bench though.

That midfield could get torn a new one if we don't get an early goal & they get the chance to apply some pressure in the middle of the park.

If we do get an early one it could be a cricket score.

I think that's usually the case with us though TBH. I know it's a cliche & applies to all sides, but we are particularly reliant on scoring early for a few reasons, it means the opposition open up enough to let us keep them occupied with counter attacks, means we can drop our own press back a bit leaving fewer gaps at the back to be exploited, & that usually means the defence is a bit less nervy as they have a bit more support closer to hand.

All of which makes life so much easier for us.

I expect Southampton to turn up with a back 9 that’s why we need that early goal to open them up.

I reckon this will be a tough game, if we try to outplay them in the middle then we'll win it, but if we get drawn into a battle and it becomes a scrappy game, we'll drop points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom