• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Warm Weather Training camps

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Seems we are going to have another one prior to the Final. Whilst long term they have shown to have huge benefits, I'm not so sure in the short term..

I hate these training camps..

LFC will train 48 hours after Sunday’s game & the players will then have five days to switch off. They will be allowed to go abroad but not on long-haul flights, and then will report back at the beginning of the week commencing May 20, writes Paul Joyce.

That will begin a two-week countdown to the final, of which one week will be a warm-weather training camp in either Marbella or Majorca. Liverpool are then likely to head out to Madrid on Thursday May 30, so the squad can be settled in the Spanish capital 2 days before the final.

In fairness Spurs are in the same boat with the breaj.

We have already done 2 this season aimed at keeping the players fresh and going until June. Do we know how the team performed immediately after these trips. Spurs might not.

I'd say the training on this trip will be similar to normal season training, but in the sun. So hopefully nobody is coming back with heavy legs.

It does.. but we always come out of them looking less up for it than we did before..
We rarely look good after a break of not playing. That's what worries me about the final more than anything.

That said, this time it won't be about hard training to build up long term energy (which obv worked, look at how much we had in our legs on Tuesday compared to them), but getting them fresh for one match.

It does.. but we always come out of them looking less up for it than we did before..
That's probably to do with the long break between games as much as anything about the training camp. Thankfully, I don't think anyone will struggle to get up for a champions league final, and we certainly didn't struggle at the start of the game last year, and I'm sure we did the same.

We rarely look good after a break of not playing. That's what worries me about the final more than anything.

That said, this time it won't be about hard training to build up long term energy (which obv worked, look at how much we had in our legs on Tuesday compared to them), but getting them fresh for one match.
Hopefully we'll still be reaping the rewards of that in June and will have extra over Spurs, despite the break.

Yeah, think our playing tempo after these training camps are a bit wobbly to say the least. Only this time, Spurs will also have a similar resting period, so we really shouldn't use this as an excuse later.

I imagine the main issue surrounding teh internetz during the training camp will be whether Mane and Salah will be fasting for the final match or not.

Depends what you do on them - I trust Klopp. He'll want to keep them sharp and get them away from a UK media circus. The ones we did in the winter proved to be right - we have been in peak form the past 2 months - you can't blame the fitness team for the fact that City have won 20 in 21 in that same time.

We should do a training match versus arsenal - they will want to help us go out sharp against Spurs whilst also being prepped for their own final.

We are not going on a training camp to prepare the lungs and legs to last for the comming 4 months so I am quite sure we will approach it different than the ones earlier this Winter (which we clearly benefitted from in the long run).

We should do a training match versus arsenal - they will want to help us go out sharp against Spurs whilst also being prepped for their own final.
That's an idea. They should have a rule that no hard tackling is allowed. Not that there's much chance of that in an arsenal match.

Depends what you do on them - I trust Klopp. He'll want to keep them sharp and get them away from a UK media circus. The ones we did in the winter proved to be right - we have been in peak form the past 2 months - you can't blame the fitness team for the fact that City have won 20 in 21 in that same time.

I've been thinking about this, did the ones we did earlier prove to be helpful?

After the break is when we dropped a number of points in the league, alternativly would we have kept the same momentum and energy this late into the season if we didn't have it? City have managed to keep going. squad size etc is important yes

They absolutely helped. Look at the energy we have compared to city. They’ve looked like they have dropped a good 20%. No way we’d have got through Barça the way we did without those camps.

They absolutely helped. Look at the energy we have compared to city. They’ve looked like they have dropped a good 20%. No way we’d have got through Barça the way we did without those camps.

The performances immediately after were dreadful though. I think that's why people are worried.

I was gonna start a thread on this, tongue in cheek demanding we don't go on a warm weather training camp for the final. Didn't think we'd actually do it. Let's hope we fare better instantly this time.

I've been thinking about this, did the ones we did earlier prove to be helpful?

After the break is when we dropped a number of points in the league, alternativly would we have kept the same momentum and energy this late into the season if we didn't have it? City have managed to keep going. squad size etc is important yes

The only reason you can say 'after the break is when we dropped points' is because our fitness then peaked and we won 13 on the spin!

So our squad will be in great form for mid July, weve been totally disjointed after both warm weather breaks this season

The performances immediately after were dreadful though. I think that's why people are worried.

I was gonna start a thread on this, tongue in cheek demanding we don't go on a warm weather training camp for the final. Didn't think we'd actually do it. Let's hope we fare better instantly this time.
The objectives of the training camps are very different, though. One was to build fitness to get us through a long season, the other is to prepare us for one match. It would be negligent of us to throw our players into a Madrid final without giving them some time to acclimatise to the heat. This is a non-issue.

It's fucking freezing in this part of Europe, and we have a huge gap between games so keeping players focused with ideas in their mind to beat Spurs will be tough. A change of scenery is no bad idea

The objectives of the training camps are very different, though. One was to build fitness to get us through a long season, the other is to prepare us for one match. It would be negligent of us to throw our players into a Madrid final without giving them some time to acclimatise to the heat. This is a non-issue.
I don't think the heat will be a problem, Madrid is pretty high up and inland, and the match kicks off late in the evening. It'll probably be cooler than what you think.

I don't think the heat will be a problem, Madrid is pretty high up and inland, and the match kicks off late in the evening. It'll probably be cooler than what you think.
Yeah, bit England is positively fucking artic considering it's May. It's been 3c in the day last week FFS. Going from that (assuming it doesn't warm up much) to even a cool Madrid is still a transition.

Plus you're more likely to get muscle problems in the colder weather, so training somewhere a bit warmer just makes sense.

[article]
Liverpool will warm up for their Champions League Final meeting with Tottenham with a week-long training camp in Marbella.

Standard Sport can reveal that the Reds will jet out to the Spanish resort next Monday (May 20) in order to prepare for European football’s showpiece fixture.

Jurgen Klopp had been considering Majorca as a potential destination for the camp, but has instead settled on a seven-day stint on the Andalusian coast.

Liverpool spent a week in Marbella prior to their appearance in last season’s Champions League Final - a heartbreaking 3-1 defeat to Real Madrid in Kiev.

And they returned in February of this year for a mid-season break aimed at laying the foundations for a strong finish.

Their last visit appears to have proven beneficial, with Klopp’s team having brought the curtain down on a 97-point Premier League season on Sunday.

That remarkable tally failed to secure silverware only as a result of Manchester City’s brilliant defence of their English top-flight crown, which saw them secure just a point more than their title rivals.

Klopp elected to give his players time off after that disappointing outcome was confirmed following a 2-0 win over Wolves on Sunday.

But they will reunite for next week’s trip to Spain before putting the finishing touches to preparations at their Melwood training base.

Then, it will be out to Madrid where Klopp and co will hope to secure an unforgettable end to the season with victory over Spurs on June 1.
[/article]

When are we getting a dosier on Spurs training plan for the final? Somebody needs to Bielsa this soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom