1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

*WARNING: Another Origi thread*

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by Fabio, Mar 19, 2017.

?

Will he ever be good enough to start for us consistently

1. Yes, he's got all the attributes we need

2. Maybe

3. No, he a useless sack of nonsense

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosco

Rosco Worse than Brendan Honorary Member

Everyone learns at some time. If he hasn't learned by now its not a positive but to suggest we can't coach a 21 year old to improve is a step too far.

2. Markeh

Markeh Very Well-Known Member

I wasn't responding to the natural finisher comments, my post was in response to the idea that he's not naturally getting himself into the right positions and that can't be coached. That might be true but I also believe it's easy to lose that instinct temporarily when you're off your game.

It's only a half hearted defence of Origi though, at the moment he's nowhere near the quality we need.

3. Fabio

Fabio Former mod, consistent c*** Honorary Member

I'm not blaming him for the miss at all, i am blaming him however for making no attempt to follow it in. It's ridiculously thick or infuriatingly lazy. Neither are good.

A striker needs to run in to the box when there's an attack. 30 yards out helps no one.

4. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

Yeah, that didnt put him in a good light at all. He had a good cameo versus Arsenal but didnt look up to it at all yesterday.
    As others have said, he has regressed during the latest months and you'd wonder what Klopp will do this summer. If he doesnt improve and show that potential he clearly has, then we might aswell sell him. Klopp doesnt strike me as a manager who will sell a young player after a bad spell mind. Not if he rates him and think he can improve him with coaching.

Maybe he wasnt 100% fit after the knock this week. Thats about the only excuse I can think of regarding being outpaced by Otamendi.

5. Squiggles

Squiggles Very Well-Known Member

I rated him last year and looked forward to watching him develop but as others have said, he's gone backwards. I'm not necessarily arsed what we do with him next. A loan to a Premier League team would be best. I don't think we should sell. There's time for him to turn it around and his wages won't be high.

6. Gary25

Gary25 Well-Known Member

He's not good enough.

7. Vlads Quiff

Vlads Quiff Well-Known Member

He has seemingly gone backwards this season and was bloody useless and lacking any oomph when he came on yesterday. I don't think he's going to be up to it

8. dmishra

dmishra Very Well-Known Member

He's regressed this season, which is a bit sad. He showed big potential last year.

I'd give him another 18 months though.

We should of course be signing a senior striker regardless.

9. Fabio

I think he'll end up being a winger. Not a very good one either

10. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

This season is disappointing, no question. I've been a fan since the time I saw him at the World Cup and I still think he has the attributes to become a top striker – but that doesn't mean that he necessarily will. For every top player there are a few others who had the talent to get to the top, but something didn't work out. I think a loan next season could be good for him – he needs to play regularly to progress to the next level.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    peekay and Hansern like this.
  11. binomial

binomial Very Active Member

He's far from useless but would I say he'll be a regular for us in years to come...probably not.

Think he'll still go on to have a good career.

12. darkstarexodus

darkstarexodus Well-Known Member

Jury is obviously still out and this year has definitely been a step back. But does anyone actually think a loan next year would be a productive move? Either keep him on as third choice and see where he goes - or cut bait. We don't do loans right.

See also - Lazar Markovich.

13. Ryan

Ryan The Prophet Member

I like him.

How many goals has he got this season, 8? (I could be wrong)

He's started 7 games. Not a lot, is it? If he'd played more games, he'd have score more, etc. He got 10 goals last year - he'll hit the same again this year is my guess.

Agree with some that he hasn't pushed on as much this year. I think a lot of it is confidence. You look at his best games of the last year or so and they were away to Dortmund, Everton, Southampton, etc - when he played with authority. He came on at the weekend and looked like far too timid, as if his confidence is dented and he's not sure of his role.

He's got great ability, and he can finish. But he's going to have to make a mark in the limited chances he's going to get over the rest of the season.

Like the Emre Can arguments of last week; I do not get the point in selling players at the age of 21 or 22 that you've put 2-3 years of work into, and who have shown promise and in patches that they can really offer something. What are you going to get for them, 15-20M odd? And what do you do with that - invest it into another 20 year old undeveloped kid? Pointless.

Rashford at United has 7 goals in the same amount of games. Are United going to sell him? I wouldn't have thought so.

If Klopp can coach and develop - which we all believe he can - then surely he works with someone like Origi and improves him.

I'd absolutely be keeping him.

Pesam, Frogfish, Esoteric and 3 others like this.
  14. juniormember

juniormember Well-Known Member

Problem is he doesn't seem to have the heart/motivation.
    He's tall and powerful, yet almost always loses when 'competing' for long balls. He doesn't show the desperation to be on the end of passes or deflections in the penalty area. He's not snapping at the heals of defenders when they have the ball.
    A player can lose confidence with every touch being shite and ending up playing it safe. But they can still try like hell and put the energy into their work. Origi' snot showing that, and I can't see him making it with that kind of attitude.

15. LarryHagman

LarryHagman Well-Known Member

I think there's a good player in there but I don't know if that's enough for what we want. I watch him and he doesn't seem to be one thing or the other, not sure what type of player he is, where he's best suited etc. I don't think the club know either.
    He might benefit from a season on loan to another Prem club, no idea how long his contract is though.
    I do agree that he doesn't seem hungry enough at the moment, if I was watching what he's doing right now for another club, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. But time is on his side.

16. keniget

keniget Part of the Furniture Member

I said even last season that he just has this timid look about him. He seems to lack the arrogance and killer instinct that you want in a top player.

He's got a reasonable goal return but that doesn't tell the full story - his performances have generally been at around 5/10 or below with very few signs, if any, of progress.

I don't think we should sell him but he needed to do more this season to justify the playing time he will need to develop here. I don't think there is much point keeping him here next season if he's going to be used sparingly so the best solution in an ideal world is a loan.

17. 6TimesaRed

6TimesaRed Not a Bot.... Administrator

I hate the 'Maybe' option in a poll.. It makes the point of a poll completely useless..

You shouldn't be asking Maybe he will make it.. what is the point in that ????

Either he will make it or he wont.. Anyone voting Maybe is a fanny and should give this lady boy a call.. @Heady Kuroki

18. kingjulian

kingjulian Very Active Member

Redninja plumbing new depths to get more members to this site...

19. Fabio

Nothing is black and white. Some people might be optimistic but somewhat realistic

The fact 40+ people haven't said yes is as much a damning indictment than if people didn't want to vote due to uncertainty

6TimesaRed likes this.
  20. 6TimesaRed

6TimesaRed Not a Bot.... Administrator

He/ she is the latest human spammer that struggles to post his/her content on this site..

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.