• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll *WARNING: Another Origi thread*

Prefix for Poll Threads

Will he ever be good enough to start for us consistently

• Yes, he's got all the attributes we need

• Maybe

• No, he a useless sack of nonsense

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's far from useless but would I say he'll be a regular for us in years to come...probably not.

Think he'll still go on to have a good career.

Jury is obviously still out and this year has definitely been a step back. But does anyone actually think a loan next year would be a productive move? Either keep him on as third choice and see where he goes - or cut bait. We don't do loans right.

See also - Lazar Markovich.

I like him.

How many goals has he got this season, 8? (I could be wrong)

He's started 7 games. Not a lot, is it? If he'd played more games, he'd have score more, etc. He got 10 goals last year - he'll hit the same again this year is my guess.

Agree with some that he hasn't pushed on as much this year. I think a lot of it is confidence. You look at his best games of the last year or so and they were away to Dortmund, Everton, Southampton, etc - when he played with authority. He came on at the weekend and looked like far too timid, as if his confidence is dented and he's not sure of his role.

He's got great ability, and he can finish. But he's going to have to make a mark in the limited chances he's going to get over the rest of the season.

Like the Emre Can arguments of last week; I do not get the point in selling players at the age of 21 or 22 that you've put 2-3 years of work into, and who have shown promise and in patches that they can really offer something. What are you going to get for them, 15-20M odd? And what do you do with that - invest it into another 20 year old undeveloped kid? Pointless.

Rashford at United has 7 goals in the same amount of games. Are United going to sell him? I wouldn't have thought so.

If Klopp can coach and develop - which we all believe he can - then surely he works with someone like Origi and improves him.

I'd absolutely be keeping him.

Problem is he doesn't seem to have the heart/motivation.
He's tall and powerful, yet almost always loses when 'competing' for long balls. He doesn't show the desperation to be on the end of passes or deflections in the penalty area. He's not snapping at the heals of defenders when they have the ball.
A player can lose confidence with every touch being shite and ending up playing it safe. But they can still try like hell and put the energy into their work. Origi' snot showing that, and I can't see him making it with that kind of attitude.

I think there's a good player in there but I don't know if that's enough for what we want. I watch him and he doesn't seem to be one thing or the other, not sure what type of player he is, where he's best suited etc. I don't think the club know either.
He might benefit from a season on loan to another Prem club, no idea how long his contract is though.
I do agree that he doesn't seem hungry enough at the moment, if I was watching what he's doing right now for another club, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. But time is on his side.

I said even last season that he just has this timid look about him. He seems to lack the arrogance and killer instinct that you want in a top player.

He's got a reasonable goal return but that doesn't tell the full story - his performances have generally been at around 5/10 or below with very few signs, if any, of progress.

I don't think we should sell him but he needed to do more this season to justify the playing time he will need to develop here. I don't think there is much point keeping him here next season if he's going to be used sparingly so the best solution in an ideal world is a loan.

I hate the 'Maybe' option in a poll.. It makes the point of a poll completely useless..

You shouldn't be asking Maybe he will make it.. what is the point in that ????

Either he will make it or he wont.. Anyone voting Maybe is a fanny and should give this lady boy a call.. @Heady Kuroki

I hate the 'Maybe' option in a poll.. It makes the point of a poll completely useless..

You shouldn't be asking Maybe he will make it.. what is the point in that ????

Either he will make it or he wont.. Anyone voting Maybe is a fanny and should give this lady boy a call.. @Heady Kuroki

Nothing is black and white. Some people might be optimistic but somewhat realistic

The fact 40+ people haven't said yes is as much a damning indictment than if people didn't want to vote due to uncertainty

I think a loan to a team like West brom / Burnley next year, where he is a starter every week could assist him like it did for Lukakau.

I think a loan to a team like West brom / Burnley next year, where he is a starter every week could assist him like it did for Lukakau.

Yeah, possibly. But he'll never score the amount of goals Lukaku does, and won't ever be worth £70m, so what's the point? Just sell him.

Yeah, possibly. But he'll never score the amount of goals Lukaku does, and won't ever be worth £70m, so what's the point? Just sell him.

If we sell now, we will get peanuts. If he scores a goals for a relegation fodder, he could be worth millions and with the world cup coming up, he will be keen to impress.

I thought Firmino's work rate was admirable.

His first touch, & pretty much everything he tried to do, was goddamn awful though.

Origi was brilliant yesterday. Really really good. If he always played like that I'd be a fan for sure.

I thought Firmino's work rate was admirable.

His first touch, & pretty much everything he tried to do, was goddamn awful though.

Origi was brilliant yesterday. Really really good. If he always played like that I'd be a fan for sure.
Origi's been disappointing this season, but it's easy to forget that he's still only 21.

I've been as frustrated as anyone with his form this season, but sometimes you have to remember that not all young players can be an Owen or a Rooney.

Take Martial or Rashford for instance - both have had pretty ordinary seasons.

I know many on here are happy to write off Origi already, but I'd give it another 18-24 months before I'd get rid. There's still a chance he could turn into an excellent striker. The attributes are all there.

Take Martial or Rashford for instance - both have had pretty ordinary seasons.

Rashford is showing his actual ability. He's not that good. Pace... About it.

Martial is a victim of mourinho

He pressed and made space for others, but his touch and passing ability deserted him for long spells of the game

I'd agree with this, but not the description of diabolical. He pressed well (although started looking tired in the second half), but some of his all round play was poor.

Firmino wasn't awful but the majority of the team out performed him, IMO. His touch was ropey in the first half but he improved as the match went on. For all the hard work, skill and link up play, he needs to become more threatening in the final third. There's too many games where I cant recall him having a shot, let alone scoring. I'm not convinced he sees himself as a striker.

Yeah, but it seems odd that only 6 months ago, he was genuinely called "world class" with "supreme confidence and technique" "all the attributes in the world"and "would score 15-20 goals this season" according to some posters on here.

Now, admittedly that was Mamma Mia, Frogfish, Ryan and Hansern, and therefore easily dismissed, but it still seems there is a rather wide spectrum of opinions about his quality, and that sometimes means there is some merit in the player.

Hadn't noticed this before.

I didn't say he was 'world class', so I assume that was someone else? I did say he'd score 15 this season (http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/why-arent-we-more-excited-about-origi.94228/page-3). He's got 10 now, if he had played more games over the last 2-3 months I reckon he'd have got there. What will he end up with now, a dozen or so? He's going to get opportunities because Mane's out, and cos he's got 2 in 2 he'll stay in the side, so who knows what he'll end up with. I know it must be a cause for concern for you that he might keep scoring.

He's a streaky sort isn't he. Seems to score in patches, most likely due to confidence roaring up and down at the drop of a hat. I made the Rashford comparison earlier in this thread - similar types, younger strikers who haven't go the game figured out, but have talent, and are worth persisting with. What's Rashford got this season? Less than Origi anyway, and wasn't he the next great English hope?

Anyway, 10 goals for Origi from few starts is ok. You could argue it's better than ok. Unlike Sturridge they've come in a competition that matters too.

On a seperate note; I'm 2-from-2 over the last month on posts defending much-maligned players who've gone straight onto great performances; Can and Origi. On a hot streak. I might laud Simon Mignolet for the craic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom