• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Well, at least our current squad has a decent shot at the x factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Stevie G proper getting into it there.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../watch-liverpool-squad-celebrate-kolo-9337375
As the Liverpool players enjoy a break to Dubai they seem to be delighted with the news that Kolo Toure has signed a one year extension at Liverpool Football Club.
It looks as though the players were returning from a night out and decided to have a sing along to the famous Kolo, Yaya Toure song.
The song, originally sang by Manchester City supporters has become a huge hit in the past two years.
Emre Can, Jordan Henderson, Steven Gerrard, Mamadou Sakho and Raheem Sterling are among the players who were singing the song.
The Liverpool captain continued to show his leadership skills off the pitch, leading his team-mates into song.
Maybe they know something we don't and Yaya is joining his brother at Anfield?
The video was recorded by @lukequarton

I know people sometimes say a team's got their bags packed before the end of the season, but our lot actually did:

Liverpool fans who saw their team thrashed 6-1 by Stoke will not be impressed that the players had already packed their holiday bags before the game.

After the humiliating loss, most of the squad travelled straight from the Britannia Stadium to Manchester airport en route to their holiday destination of the Royal Meridian Hotel in Dubai.

The three-day trip was arranged by the players to mark captain Steven Gerrard’s departure from Liverpool after a hoped-for FA Cup final farewell for the club’s talisman failed to materialise.

The intention might have been admirable but the side performing at Stoke like they were playing in flip-flops and sunglasses will not go down well with the Liverpool faithful especially after such a disappointing season.

In contrast manager Brendan Rodgers cancelled a helicopter trip down to Wembley to front up after the six-goal debacle rather than hurry off to support his midfielder son Anton who was on the Swindon bench for their League One play-off final defeat.

The club knew in advance about the players’ plans to give Gerrard a special send-off in the UAE but the team made all the arrangements themselves. A Liverpool spokesman refused to comment on the sunshine jolly.

That's tragic.
Like a gang of bellends going on their cheeky seven day break to Magaluf.
For some extra banter.
Twats.

I'm a miserable old scroat but I'd like to see a little more remorse from them after the season of shit they've just served up.

Enrique and Sturridge probably injured themselves doing that.

The timing is awful after that shocking defeat but I don't see anything wrong with the players going on a bender to see Gerrard off. Perhaps they should have stayed in mourning after the defeat for a little longer but maybe they were also celebrating the sacking of Rodgers.

I was all in on @Silver Sean to be seething about this first, gutted to see it was Macca.

I'm pretty much beyond anything but a shake of the head and a 'what's the point?' laugh. Bunch of fucking muppets. They're already my least favorite squad we've ever had, so anything on top of their pathetic attempts to win football matches barely registers.

Havent we all gone out on the lash after a shit day in the office?

The choice of song is the weirdest thing about it.

Jesus ye are a bunch or miserable twats sometimes.

Kolo who seems to be one of the most liked lads in the squad gets a new contract and they sing his song having a bit of laugh.

WTF is wrong with that.

Jesus ye are a bunch or miserable twats sometimes.

Kolo who seems to be one of the most liked lads in the squad gets a new contract and they sing his song having a bit of laugh.

WTF is wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with that.... if you give your hart an and narrow the Stoke defeat to a hard fought 1-0 or something remotely close.... But that celebrating bunch of piss poor players humilitated their fans way beyond belief!

I agree after the stoke game they should have all gone into mourning for the summer, only wearing black and making public appearances in the dark. The squad should have told Gerrard to piss off with his leaving party because we lost heavily to Stoke. In fact they should have been giving a public flogging until they repented their sins.

Actually it is a fact that Steven Gerrards impending departure ended up being a massive distraction in the last two months.

It was Steven Gerrard's leaving do. You can't be a misery arse on a leaving do.

Lighten up you grumpy fuckers.

I'm getting old... I can tell because I'm not upset to have the fact that a bunch of overpaid kids who don't care about our club nearly as much as we do highlighted once again. We've all gone on the lash after a long day / week / month at work... Why does anybody think they wouldn't do it too?

In fact, I'm quite happy to see Stevie G enjoying himself... He's looked like he's had the weight of an entire city on his shoulders for a few years now. Now it's all done, it must be a huge relief.

I'm getting old... I can tell because I'm not upset to have the fact that a bunch of overpaid kids who don't care about our club nearly as much as we do highlighted once again. We've all gone on the lash after a long day / week / month at work... Why does anybody think they wouldn't do it too?

In fact, I'm quite happy to see Stevie G enjoying himself... He's looked like he's had the weight of an entire city on his shoulders for a few years now. Now it's all done, it must be a huge relief.

Actually, you're right. He's always seemed very serious and reserved, so too see him so obviously enjoy himself was a pleasant change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom