• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wes Sneijder - good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were correct to try to sign Sneijder as he is or at least used to be a world-class player. But it only made sense if he was prepared to show his hunger and ambition and take a big cut on his wages. That fact that Sneijder would rather earn more in Turkey than try to conquer the Premier League tells you everything you need to know about his priorities at this point. In the end it's a good thing we didn't get him and I give credit to whoever it was at the club who decided that we will not be taken hostage by Sneijder's wage demands. Liverpool should be a place for players who want to grow, not for players seeking comfortable retirement.

I concur Rurikbird. Without a doubt Sneijder would have been a great signing for us. However this move for him was all about money and nothing to do with ambition. Who doesnt want to play in the Premiership?

His standoff with Inter over a contract extension was all about them cutting his salary. He was right not to concede as he had an existing contract. Inter decided they didn't need him despite his talent. All the noise about him wanting to captain the Dutch at the next World Cup was just that. He may want to do that but wasn't willing to concede on the wages. I don't buy that he went to Gala to win trophies, it was about the money.

In the end, despite his obvious talent, his disciplinary record and his love for money makes me think that we dodged a bullet.

It's funny how everyone we fail to sign is down to money, and not down to the fact they're we're not very good any more.

Is he as massive a cunt as Robben? I always thought Sneijder was like the yin to Robben's yang. Or are they both yang and Dirkio balances both their bad asses out for the Universe?

We were correct to try to sign Sneijder as he is or at least used to be a world-class player. But it only made sense if he was prepared to show his hunger and ambition and take a big cut on his wages. That fact that Sneijder would rather earn more in Turkey than try to conquer the Premier League tells you everything you need to know about his priorities at this point. In the end it's a good thing we didn't get him and I give credit to whoever it was at the club who decided that we will not be taken hostage by Sneijder's wage demands. Liverpool should be a place for players who want to grow, not for players seeking comfortable retirement.

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom