• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Ham (A) - PL - 27 April dinner time

The most sympathetic take on Salah is that we'd need to manage his minutes much more aggressively next season, and for some reason pay the most of any player on our team for that privilege.

But he doesn't want that. He is dropped deservedly, and does this, to a manager that is leaving. I think that is terminal.

For me it was enough that he isn't good enough.

There's no disrespect there for the past, I'm just dealing with what he is right now. He's a problem, and an expensive one.

And Klopp has enough credit in the bank to manage a conflict with Mo. A new manager from a lower quality league that many fans are already skeptical of will not have that grace.

I don't want Mo to go acromoniously but I increasingly think it's time for him to go.

And Klopp has enough credit in the bank to manage a conflict with Mo. A new manager from a lower quality league that many fans are already skeptical of will not have that grace.

I don't want Mo to go acromoniously but I increasingly think it's time for him to go.
I think Klopp has played this well. It looks like has showed that Mo isn’t Mr Liverpool anymore and put him out there to be openly challenged. That should make it easier for Slot to do. I think if Mo stays the new guy can get away with benching him when appropriate.

If Salah stays it could mean the new guy has already failed. If Salah thinks he can act a cunt with klopp, an unassailable figure, and it's already a narrative in the press it'll be a whole ozil situation

The whole thing is pretty sad.

If Salah stays it could mean the new guy has already failed. If Salah thinks he can act a cunt with klopp, an unassailable figure, and it's already a narrative in the press it'll be a whole ozil situation

I’d be looking for confirmation bias, but has Salah come off worse for this? The fans may not be the ones to be behind Salah.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself here.
Ozil thing made Arteta stronger and he was backed well by the board during it and since then. He also had to contend Auba around similar things. However, I don't see Salah hanging around if he's not happy and not getting what he wants, He has acted with dignity and class throughout their time just like Klopp and bad month doesn't negate a their achievements with us, I just don't see it...

Quelle surprise that Dermot backs Taylor:

DERMOT SAYS: "It's a mess that could have been avoided very easily.

"Areola grabs the ball - I think he collides with the post. Anthony Taylor, for whatever reason, signals advantage.
"But when he goes back upfield, Areola throws the ball to the ground. The referee sees it, blows up and decides the goalkeeper needs treatment.
"He's dug himself out well by seeing Gakpo's closing in and the player needs treatment, but one wonders if it had gone in the net.
"But he originally decided he didn't need treatment. That's where he makes the mistake - he turns his back on the ball. For that period, you're not in control of the situation."

Advantage is gone when Areola throws the ball. Then the ball is live. Up for grabs.

Note that he doesn't mention how Taylor begged Areola to go down.

Quelle surprise that Dermot backs Taylor:

DERMOT SAYS: "It's a mess that could have been avoided very easily.

"Areola grabs the ball - I think he collides with the post. Anthony Taylor, for whatever reason, signals advantage.
"But when he goes back upfield, Areola throws the ball to the ground. The referee sees it, blows up and decides the goalkeeper needs treatment.
"He's dug himself out well by seeing Gakpo's closing in and the player needs treatment, but one wonders if it had gone in the net.
"But he originally decided he didn't need treatment. That's where he makes the mistake - he turns his back on the ball. For that period, you're not in control of the situation."
I watched the clip and I get the impression Dermot is saying Taylor fucked up.

It was a terrible game and result, which it has revelled the Klopp has lost the dressing room, bad team selection, however, I am justifying for not starting Salah (well overrated), The team defence is none - existing and this is a problem that Klopp has failed to address the whole season! In regard to Salah disrespectful behaviour was so shameful, and he is a disgrace to LFC shirt he was wearing, however, I was so surprised to see Klopp backing out! The manager and the club should drop him from any team selection until he leaves in the summer to Saudi league for more money! But I doubt if Klopp dear to do that? Quansah needs more time to develop, he has few weaknesses, Gakpo so clumsy and need to improve his close control, the same applies to Grav, however, they are both first starters in Slot's team selection next season. I hope VVD will remain for another season. Go on a beat Spurs on Sunday Good Luck

So basically Gakpo messed up and should’ve scored, then put it on VAR to review. Failing to score gave Taylor the advantage to make it up as he went

So basically Gakpo messed up and should’ve scored, then put it on VAR to review. Failing to score gave Taylor the advantage to make it up as he went

i won't blame gakpo for messing it up, as he blew the whistle as gakpo approached it.

Just gives us more ammo to believe the refs are shite and might stoke a bit of fire

Back
Top Bottom