• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Whelan: Liverpool 'a morgue'

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniormember

Well-Known
By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent
Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has told ESPN that he would advise his manager Roberto Martinez, the favourite to succeed Kenny Dalglish, to steer clear of the vacant manager's position at Liverpool.

davewhelanthumbsupmay2012_275x155.jpg

GettyImagesDave Whelan: Advised Roberto Martinez to turn down Aston Villa last summer

Ayre: No approach
Liverpool sack Dalglish
Jolly: Dalglish out of time

Whelan was shocked when ESPN broke the news to him of Dalglish's sacking, even though it had been expected, and he believes that Liverpool need to find a completely new management structure.
"The club have great supporters, but the place is a morgue, a desolate place, without heart, all I can say is what a shame for their supporters," he said.
"The club needs a management structure, it needs a boardroom filled with the people running the club. When we went there, there was Alan Hansen welcoming people, it was a bit embarrassing to be honest, although he was doing his best."
Whelan also insisted that the Reds should be treating the man known as 'the King' with more respect.
"They shouldn't be sacking Kenny Dalglish, they should be making him chairman, let him run the place," he continued. "As for a new manger, I am sure they might want my manager, but he's been the favourite for the West Brom job, then favourite for the Aston Villa job, now he's favourite for the Liverpool job.
"I don't know who they will appoint, they have to sort themselves out, all I can tell you is that I haven't had an approach for Roberto.
"I hope Roberto is with me for the start of the new season, but in football you can never tell. I do know that he is an honest man, and if he is approached by anyone he will tell me about it.
"If Roberto thought he could go to another club because that club was so big and the challenge so great he couldn't resist it, then I would step aside and let him, but I wouldn't think he should go to Liverpool, he would be better off with us."
Martinez, who has impressed in four seasons at the DW Stadium, would look an obvious choice for the position at Liverpool, though Rafael Benitez would be a popular choice among many Liverpool fans. However, Fenway Sports Group, the American owners, will perhaps not wish to go for the sentimental choice once again.

He is a bloody United lap-dog, I remember he had a go a couple of years ago about his welcome and everyone nit falling over grand dad when he arrived.

He is a bloody United lap-dog, I remember he had a go a couple of years ago about his welcome and everyone nit falling over grand dad when he arrived.

Yeh he's a massive scum fan and his so far up Fergies arse its cringeworthy

If he was talking about the atmosphere rather than his match-day host and his dlunch experience then he might, but he wasn't.
I'm pretty sure most grounds would be like a morgue when Wigan-come-a-visitin'

Regards

Not one of them is in the same league of class as Hansen.... embarrassed? Catch on to yourself you fucking no mark....A nice fella my hole.... Looks like a manc putting the boot in to me... A morgue??

That this cunt even has the temerity to talk about us makes me fucking puke, we've had people lining up to stick the knife into us all fucking season and now this cunt has a pop.

I hope they get double relegated and they can take their beloved manager with them, lovely finish to the season but what about the first 3/4 of it??

WIGAN??

FUCK WIGAN.

The WIGAN owner calling Anfield a morgue?!

Hahaha. That stadium is only more than a third full 4 times a year!

The WIGAN owner calling Anfield a morgue?!

Hahaha. That stadium is only more than a third full 4 times a year!
Don't think he's talking about our stadium&supporters per say.
Usually clubs have a load of people from upstairs on match days that meet and greet the opponents, but the only person around now is our chief executive. No Owner, chairman, not one of the board members (share holders at NESV), and we've now lost our spokesman and DOF as well.
He's a tit, but he makes a point, albeit with the agenda of protecting his manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom