• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

When they scored their second goal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was convinced we were out at that point, and lost my mind when we got the pen, only to remind myself we needed to score before celebrating, and then lost my mind again went Gerrard scored

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=22427.msg538294#msg538294 date=1207747822]
That said, I thought Gerrard would miss.
[/quote]

I was convinced he was gonna miss.

I have to say that after seeing the line up I wasn't in the most positive of moods, so after we went one nil down I thought the game was over then.

[quote author=foureyes link=topic=22427.msg538560#msg538560 date=1207754660]
I have to say that after seeing the line up I wasn't in the most positive of moods, so after we went one nil down I thought the game was over then.
[/quote]

I'm usually pretty negative and very nervous when watching a game, but I knew they'd be more goals in that game, from both sides.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=22427.msg538564#msg538564 date=1207754725]
[quote author=foureyes link=topic=22427.msg538560#msg538560 date=1207754660]
[/quote]

I'm usually pretty negative and very nervous when watching a game, but I knew they'd be more goals in that game, from both sides.
[/quote]

Me too. I just thought they'd be all going to Arsenal. Thankfully, I was very very wrong.

Yea I thought the jig was up tho' I never gave up hope. I have to say my heart beat so fast as Gerrard was lining up the penalty.

I still thought we had every chance of getting one more although when the penalty went in I thought there was every chance they could go down the other end and pinch another one.

Yeah... as Adebayor turned to celebrate, I got up to go to the kitchen in a right sulk, but no sooner had I got there, I was called back with cries of "penalty!!!".

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=22427.msg538288#msg538288 date=1207747719]
I honestly didn't. All through the second half I was convinced they were going to score a second, and when it came I was just relieved that there were still more than five minutes left. I was sure we'd get a third. It was just that kind of match...

[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. They had looked very dodgy in defence all through the second half and I thought there was still time to get the ball back in there and nick a third - can't say I was confident, but I thought it was possible.

I sent a text to my mate saying 'FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK', then turned away on the sofa to cry.. Then suddenly the tv starts making a rackett and I saw we had a penalty...then for the first time in my life i've looked away as it was taken. I couldn't believe those in Istanbul not watching but last night I felt physically sick..

When we scored, and then Ryans goal...felt better than a whole drugs binge..

Watched it in the bedroom and when they scored I just pulled the quilt over my head, then I heard the scream of penalty and it was stright back off

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=22427.msg538284#msg538284 date=1207747680]
Honestly, no, or at least I didn't fully believe it- I said, "right, 7 minutes, comon", sort of thing.
[/quote]

ditto.

I did, to the extent that I told my girlfriend's little brother (who's all of 12 years old, I felt *very* proud of myself afterwards) to "Shut up Jake. Seriously, just shut up, I'm not even kidding"

Seconds later I was hugging him and apologising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom