• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

who SCM wants for Summer 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaBigTip

Very Active
Poll lasts for 10 days after that I guess we will know 6cm really wants us to go for this summer. You get two votes if you want cause you might agree that one is more realistic and the other is just dreams. Answers get revealed after the 10 days.

If we got Eto'o I'd be impressed with the statement and it would certainly be a shot in the arm for the LFC brand. I was also a big fan of Benzema and continue to think he would be a good addition. Aguero would also be a big signing in football circles if not carrying international superstar status of Eto'o.

The player who would most improve us, however, is Ribery. Our left side is remarkably weak in attacking threat or menace and Ribery would deliver that threat and menace in spades.

It would be hard to be frustrated with any of the signings but our biggest leap available sits on the left side of the pitch and, co-incidentally, this is where the player I think looks most capable of doing well in England currently lines up.

I love these "Not who will we get, but who (if you had an umilited supply of gazillions) would you go after, that obviously wouldn't choose Chelsea before us" efforts.

I think I might start one in General Chat:

"Who, leaving aside the reality that we're all keyboard warriors, would you anally pump first, assuming you were gifted a 15 inch cock and worldwide celebrity status?"

*The celebrity beauty you choose has to reflect current availability*

i think silva would be very good for us. i was watching atletico v valencia last night and atleti won 1-0. i was thinking if valencia does not get into the cl is that a good sign for us? since they are so much in debt and we already have a £15m pound offer apparently on the table for silva, would they just cash in? what do you think?

I voted Benzema. Didn't realise I had two votes till after I'd voted. If I'd known that, I'd have gone for Ribery as well.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=33572.msg869378#msg869378 date=1242630023]
I voted Benzema. Didn't realise I had two votes till after I'd voted. If I'd known that, I'd have gone for Ribery as well.
[/quote]

Press remove vote and vote again.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=33572.msg869389#msg869389 date=1242631827]
Ashley Young looks so out of place on that list.
[/quote]

Ha ha, true.

well he is my pick so deal with, (young is also not a very specific name i didnt know if everyone would get it, if you meant that its th eonly one with both names)

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33572.msg869364#msg869364 date=1242625323]
I love these "Not who will we get, but who (if you had an umilited supply of gazillions) would you go after, that obviously wouldn't choose Chelsea before us" efforts.

I think I might start one in General Chat:

"Who, leaving aside the reality that we're all keyboard warriors, would you anally pump first, assuming you were gifted a 15 inch cock and worldwide celebrity status?"

*The celebrity beauty you choose has to reflect current availability*
[/quote]

Get on that poll then Ryan just so what response you get

oh mors, you get two votes, but in the end we only get one player, cause we don't have th ebudget to sign two of them, but we do have th ebudget to mabye sign one of them

Sorry Assulin but you really should have stuck to more attainable players or at least those that may reasonably be expected to be available !

Villa has said he won't leave Spain, Ribery is beyond our budget, Ashley Young has said he won't leave Villa and has committed to a new long term contract, he's not an option either.

Anyway to keep you happy I've gone for Eto'o and Aguero although Ribery would be in there if we could afford him - but we can't (and I'm not sure Aguero would be any cheaper).

i'd be pleased if we were genuinely even in for one of these off the list never mind buying two.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=33572.msg869389#msg869389 date=1242631827]
Ashley Young looks so out of place on that list.
[/quote]

And yet if we were only making one signing, I'd be happy for it to be him.

I was quite keen on Eto'o this time last season, but not at all now. He can be very erratic.

Aguero, Ribery or Villa would be out of this world. We've got no chance of getting any of them.

I'd be happy enough with Tevez. I have major doubts about Silva. And I have no idea why Zlatan is even on that list.

We need:

1) to spend big for the left-sided attacking/ winger spot (which can't be Barry, obv)

2) A RB and possibly a LB

3) More cover in midfield (which can be Barry, obv)

4) Support/ back-up for Torres (although that may becovered by option 1, depending on who we buy)

If we signed Young as our major summer signing I'd be very disappointed.

[quote author=St.Benitez link=topic=33572.msg869512#msg869512 date=1242642588]
If we signed Young as our major summer signing I'd be very disappointed.
[/quote]

grass isn't always greener. young is a very good player and would walk into our team on the left of a 4231. he would be massively overpriced though and no way would MON sell to us without it costing 20 - 25 million.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=33572.msg869516#msg869516 date=1242642764]
Young is a smashing player, but he will be ridiculously over-priced.
[/quote]

Yep, pretty much. What's happened to Riera of late? Is he injured?

Yeah i don't doubt that he'd be an improvement, but for the money he'd cost it would be a shocking signing IMO.

Silva would probably be cheaper, but the diference in class between the two is huge.

[quote author=Assulin link=topic=33572.msg869427#msg869427 date=1242637393]
oh mors, you get two votes, but in the end we only get one player, cause we don't have th ebudget to sign two of them, but we do have th ebudget to mabye sign one of them
[/quote]

Oh Asssulin, we could afford my lineup. Raising funds from selling Babel, Dossena, Lucas etc and adding that to our exisitng kitty.

Easy.

[quote author=St.Benitez link=topic=33572.msg869526#msg869526 date=1242643851]
Yeah i don't doubt that he'd be an improvement, but for the money he'd cost it would be a shocking signing IMO.

Silva would probably be cheaper, but the diference in class between the two is huge.
[/quote]

As in you think Silva > Young?

Because I'd have to disagree. If both were going for the same price I'd take Young first, no problems.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=33572.msg869533#msg869533 date=1242644640]

Silva would probably be cheaper, but the difference in class between the two is huge.
[/quote]

Because I'd have to disagree. If both were going for the same price I'd take Young first, no problems.
[/quote]

Yes mate, thats what i meant.

I just think that allthough Young has had a good season, IMO he's still vastly overrated.

[quote author=St.Benitez link=topic=33572.msg869544#msg869544 date=1242645332]

Silva would probably be cheaper, but the difference in class between the two is huge.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just think that allthough Young has had a good season, IMO he's still vastly overrated.
[/quote]

That's how I feel about Silva. But at least I know that Young has frightening pace, strength, and a wicked delivery on his day- I'm really not sure what Silva brings to the party at all.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=33572.msg869589#msg869589 date=1242647731]
[quote author=St.Benitez link=topic=33572.msg869544#msg869544 date=1242645332]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
That's how I feel about Silva. But at least I know that Young has frightening pace, strength, and a wicked delivery on his day- I'm really not sure what Silva brings to the party at all.
[/quote]

'His Day' was fairly infrequent this season. He is capable of good things, but he was very streaky this year. Villa will also want massive money for him.

Silva and Tevez.

The former for his age/potential/versatility/creativity/nationality/previous performances vs. Chelsea in CL.

Latter cos he's more or less proven in the league.

Both cos they're more 'gettable' than the likes of Ribery, Zlatan and Benzema etc.

Considering most 'decent' threads last about about a day max, what the fuck is the point of making a 10 day poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom