• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who will be our new Left Back?

Robbo surprised me yesterday. He’s still got it in him.

I’m beginning to think that although Robbo can’t play 2 games a week all we need is a better back up than Tsimikas.
Or a better starter alternating with Robbo as required.

Robbo surprised me yesterday. He’s still got it in him.

I’m beginning to think that although Robbo can’t play 2 games a week all we need is a better back up than Tsimikas.
Or a better starter alternating with Robbo as required.

I think the latter. There is no point buying another backup when we effectively have two LBs who are in that awkward starter/backup situation.

Maxim De Cuyper might be a name to watch - he was apparently one of the players we scouted in Club Brugge's match last month.

View: https://twitter.com/DieterGucht/status/1779936353255600376

View: https://twitter.com/ScoutUnderrated/status/1787525695599460777

His goal today:

View: https://twitter.com/ESPNnl/status/1788256839311745319

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

I think the latter. There is no point buying another backup when we effectively have two LBs who are in that awkward starter/backup situation.

I said it elsewhere, but Gomez and Robbo are exactly the sort of players you want in reserve, you want experience to call upon at crucial times of the season and that's the best way to faze players out the side, while introducing players who will take over them.

Kompany was finished in 2019 but came on and scored a crucial goal against Leicester, that arguably was a big factor in them winning the title, he also played in both finals that season, winning the treble. He was pretty much finished by the season before this, but those few games here and there got them over the line and his experience was priceless when they needed it.

I want Gomez to remain with us until he scores a goal from open play…. In the league.

Might be a while, like.

TT reporting Breast LB Bradley Locko will be first signing

View: https://youtu.be/rma4KaiYAl0?si=EvXzVqJbLWjsbiGM

Just turned 22, France U21 international, played almost every minute of the season (literally only one game all season he was brought off after 81 minutes, the rest are all full 90’s), his team are currently 3rd in League 1 - their greatest ever season. Looks every bit like an Edwards signing.

Also, not to be a tit about it, but his team are called Brest, or Stade Brestois, not “Breast” :)

Last edited:
Who we trying to get crazy with, Eze?
Don't you know it’s Locko?

Still valid, people jump at selling players when we have a bad run.

Robbo will be our no1 left back next year and rightly so.
I hope not, his age and injuries are catching up with him.
The same could be said for Salah. If large offer comes in for either or both, the club should consider it.
Even if Robbo is retained, we need younger and better. We need wing backs that can bomb faster and better than Robbo.

Last edited:
I hope not, his age and injuries are catching up with him.
The same could be said for Salah. If large offer comes in for either or both, the club should consider it.
Even if Robbo is retained, we need younger and better. We need wing backs that can bomb faster and better than Robbo.
Our most creative full back off all time. Ya we need better.

Fucking hell.

Our most creative full back off all time. Ya we need better.

Fucking hell.
Yes he was. Take the season as a whole, what would you rate him? Now take that score and measure it up against his previous scores from previous season and you see a fall in numbers. He is a legend that I am not disputing, but if there is better for a reasonable value, shouldn't we go for him? Keep Robbo if there is no reasonable offer, but not a 1st choice LB. We can't be sentimental!

You'll never get a premium price for a left back, so it's not even a question. Even so, for the second time this decade, DB is right.

You'll never get a premium price for a left back, so it's not even a question. Even so, for the second time this decade, DB is right.
Do you want to go into next season where he is a year older and possibly slower with Robbo as 1st choice? I think we need better now

Yes he was. Take the season as a whole, what would you rate him? Now take that score and measure it up against his previous scores from previous season and you see a fall in numbers. He is a legend that I am not disputing, but if there is better for a reasonable value, shouldn't we go for him? Keep Robbo if there is no reasonable offer, but not a 1st choice LB. We can't be sentimental!
Squad was ran into the ground and managed terribly by Klopp. Robbo like many others had injuries. He’s back and been superb.

Normal service next season after a good rest and not having to deal with Klopps intensive pre season.

Fuck me, it's amazing how some people are turning on Klopp now he is leaving.

ah don’t worry - the same people will ve demanding Slot’s head 15 minutes into the first pre-season if we’re not 15 goals up and a full back has inverted.

Klopp himself says English football has too many games and he stretched us far too thin.

Yeah, we know you were in favour of us purposefully getting beat in the early rounds of the cups.

There is too many games - if you’re successful. There probably is a case for arguing that Klopp pushes his players to the limit, but to say he ran them into the ground and managed them terribly is utter, utter sensationalist, wannabe contrarian bullshit.

Klopp also made it very clear that he relies heavily on his medical team to tel him who is physically good to play - and if they’re not… they don’t play.

You might argue that playing lots of games means you have to vary your normal training, which might mean that players find it more difficult to regain form quickly or you might even argue he played players like Nubez & Salah when they were hopelessly out of form and begging to be dropped.

But you didn’t. You went and spouted the bullshit stuff instead.

I’m looking forward to your critique of how Ange broke Spurs after his good start - not holding my breath like.

Has this thread developed into a why Klopp was shit and I never liked him to Slot will fail 'cos reasons?

Psychologists wet dream?

Oh yeah, left back? er dunno my data's corrupted.

Yeah, we know you were in favour of us purposefully getting beat in the early rounds of the cups.

There is too many games - if you’re successful. There probably is a case for arguing that Klopp pushes his players to the limit, but to say he ran them into the ground and managed them terribly is utter, utter sensationalist, wannabe contrarian bullshit.

Klopp also made it very clear that he relies heavily on his medical team to tel him who is physically good to play - and if they’re not… they don’t play.

You might argue that playing lots of games means you have to vary your normal training, which might mean that players find it more difficult to regain form quickly or you might even argue he played players like Nubez & Salah when they were hopelessly out of form and begging to be dropped.

But you didn’t. You went and spouted the bullshit stuff instead.

I’m looking forward to your critique of how Ange broke Spurs after his good start - not holding my breath like.
Except it’s not clearly by what we have seen in the last 6 weeks. You just don’t want to admit it, whether it’s because it paints Klopp in a less than God like light or because I’m the one saying it.
Klopp is responsible for everyone that looks after the team including the medical team. The buck stops with him.
I don’t blame him for going for everything at the start of the season as nobody expected us to be with any chance of winning the league but once it was clear we did have a real shot, everything should have been done to try and win which included sacrificing the cups.

We didn’t and paid the price. Still a good season but an opportunity missed and that’s ultimately on Klopp.

Back
Top Bottom