• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who will be regarded as a club legend from Klopp's era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Its been 7 years since Klopp took over and we all know Klopp hates selling players he likes, instead asking them to either renew or letting them leave for free.
Who from Klopp's era deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Barnes, Steven Gerrard, Robbie Fowler, Rush, King Kenny, Souness, Hansen etc....
Has Salah now achieved that feat? If Salah has what about Hendo, VVD, Mane, Bobby, Trent, Alisson and Robbo?

Most of them. I don't get all nostalgic about past sides but I do know the one klopp won everything with was as good if not better than any before. It's hard to single people out because it was the collective that made it happen, but I guess Salah and VVD will get in most conversations in 30 years time.

7 years?

Ali Virg and Mo. Legends get branded about too easily. Trent is on his way to becoming.

Most of them. I don't get all nostalgic about past sides but I do know the one klopp won everything with was as good if not better than any before. It's hard to single people out because it was the collective that made it happen, but I guess Salah and VVD will get in most conversations in 30 years time.
Allison too with Mane not far behind, then Bobby.

Yeah it's not an exact science and TAA will probs end up with a statue. Stevie Nichol was my fave player when I was a kid for some reason. I'm just talking about the ones who people will say we're indisputably the best players in their positions in the world during that time, that made everyone else around them better.

Stevie Nicol is my all time favourite player and all my passwords are based on him (but not directly on his name, in case anyone thinks they can hack me)

Milner? For his longevity, his consistency and the fact that he didn't just "do a job" in different positions but looked as if he'd played in each one all his career.

Much like Stevie Nicol now I come to think of it.

Milner? For his longevity, his consistency and the fact that he didn't just "do a job" in different positions but looked as if he'd played in each one all his career.

Much like Stevie Nicol now I come to think of it.

And he has a door at Kirkby named after him.

No love for Henderson? Is he the Phil Neal of Klopp's era? Lol.

Anyway, I'll go, Ali, Van Dijk, Robbo, Trent, Mané and Salah.

Maybe adding Robbo is a bit controversial but he's the best left back we've had since Steve Nicol imo.

Origi will be remembered as this era's Fairclough.

Last edited:
I echo others saying it will always be a collective effort under a Klopp team.

Salah, VVD, Alisson and Trent will go down as the elite players, but there was plenty of others who put in the hard yards to ensure we made the most of their talents (Hendo, Milner, Firmino, Wijnaldum), etc. Anyone who played a significant role in both the CL and PL wins deserves their place in history.

Ultimately Klopp is top of the list.

No love for Henderson? Is he the Phil Neal of Klopp's era? Lol.

Anyway, I'll go, Ali, Van Dijk, Robbo, Trent, Mané and Salah.

Maybe adding Robbo is a bit controversial but he's the best left back we've had since Steve Nicol imo.

Origi will be remembered as this era's Fairclough.

Pre-Saudi, I think Hendo would be an undisputed "legend". Not making any best elevens or anything like that but absolute legend.

Time will tell how much this latter career episode diminishes that legacy.

Klopp is surely the one who gets the first statue indeed. Then Mo, by several yards. Then Virg, Allisson, Robbo, Trent, Mané, Bobby - would include Hendo, Fabinho, Gini all a tier below but they were just as essential to us winning the fucking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom