• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Who will finish 4th?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Which team will finish 4th in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s had a purple patch early in his career and reverted to his actual talent level.
I kinda think he could succeed if he was the big fish in the small pond. All players best as number 10s are fucked though - see also Coutinho, Neymar. The formations that suit these players best aren't being used by many teams

I kinda think he could succeed if he was the big fish in the small pond. All players best as number 10s are fucked though - see also Coutinho, Neymar. The formations that suit these players best aren't being used by many teams

He needs to go to Italy. They still have a need for #10's/second strikers and his athleticism will give him an advantage there. Go to Torino or Empoli and see if he can rebuild his career.

He needs to go to Italy. They still have a need for #10's/second strikers and his athleticism will give him an advantage there. Go to Torino or Empoli and see if he can rebuild his career.
Yeah I think you're right - but there's no way they are paying what he's probably on. Same with Maddison and Cantwell though - clearly good players but not really a space for them

It took him 3 week to "understand the situation"? LOL.

Couldv'e told you that before you walked in on day 1.

Probably United now they've sorted out a decent interim. It's a tough gig, but any half decent manager should pull that United squad to the top four.

Other than Son, my impression of most Spurs players is they're either brain-dead, disinterested in winning, or a combination of the both. I'm not convinced the mentality and quality is there for Conte to extract enough from them. They just lost to some farmers in the Europa League.

Probably United now they've sorted out a decent interim. It's a tough gig, but any half decent manager should pull that United squad to the top four.

Other than Son, my impression of most Spurs players is they're either brain-dead, disinterested in winning, or a combination of the both. I'm not convinced the mentality and quality is there for Conte to extract enough from them. They just lost to some farmers in the Europa League.
And he came out and said he didn’t realise how bad they were but will stay. Says it all.

Arsenal. Continuing to make impressive strides under Mikel Arteta both offensively & defensively. The Gunners have gained 68.75% of their points at the Emirates, taking 22 from a possible 27. No other team in the league has won more points or more games as hosts.

FHTo22HXsAM3fvl

West Ham. Champions League hopes are waning. In winning just one of their last six, David Moyes' depleted side have averaged 0.83 Expected Goals For per game. As a result, the festive period becomes hugely important for their aspirations.

Manchester United. Their defence has been woeful, allowing an average of 1.74 xGA per game. Only five teams have conceded more chances per game & they have David de Gea to thank for keeping them in the top four hunt. Expect continued improvement under Ralf Rangnick in 2022.

Tottenham. Often a habitual over-performer of underlying numbers, it's curious to see Harry Kane struggle with a finishing slump. He has now scored just 2 goals from 4.6 Expected Goals in the Premier League this term, netting only one of the 8 'big chances' (0.35 xG+)

FHTrrhJWQA0hkr1

Leicester. Only five teams have a higher Expected Goals Against total than the Foxes (28.2 xGA), despite them playing one fewer game than four of the other five. Defending corners has been a particular weakness for Brendan Rodgers' side, conceding more xG than any other club:

FHTu_x4X0AQXFXU

Last edited:
Arsenal. Continuing to make impressive strides under Mikel Arteta both offensively & defensively. The Gunners have gained 68.75% of their points at the Emirates, taking 22 from a possible 27. No other team in the league has won more points or more games as hosts.

FHTo22HXsAM3fvl

West Ham. Champions League hopes are waning. In winning just one of their last six, David Moyes' depleted side have averaged 0.83 Expected Goals For per game. As a result, the festive period becomes hugely important for their aspirations.

Manchester United. Their defence has been woeful, allowing an average of 1.74 xGA per game. Only five teams have conceded more chances per game & they have David de Gea to thank for keeping them in the top four hunt. Expect continued improvement under Ralf Rangnick in 2022.

Tottenham. Often a habitual over-performer of underlying numbers, it's curious to see Harry Kane struggle with a finishing slump. He has now scored just 2 goals from 4.6 Expected Goals in the Premier League this term, netting only one of the 8 'big chances' (0.35 xG+)

FHTrrhJWQA0hkr1

Leicester. Only five teams have a higher Expected Goals Against total than the Foxes (28.2 xGA), despite them playing one fewer game than four of the other five. Defending corners has been a particular weakness for Brendan Rodgers' side, conceding more xG than any other club:

FHTu_x4X0AQXFXU

Wow. Those running stats under Conte versus Nuno.

Those distance covered stats is all that could be which separates CL from Europa.

Hell of an achievement if Conte pulls it off.

Another illustration to @Rosco’s thesis that managers don’t matter :)
Why wouldn't managers matter? I think Klopp just showed last season despite an injury ladened squad not seen for years still finished 3rd.
Forget Klopp, what about Shankley and Paisley?

Why wouldn't managers matter? I think Klopp just showed last season despite an injury ladened squad not seen for years still finished 3rd.
Forget Klopp, what about Shankley and Paisley?

I have no idea, ask Ross :) That was an infamous debate from over 10 years ago that since became a running joke on SCM; not sure the original thread has been preserved. He might have moderated his position somewhat since then.

I have no idea, ask Ross :) That was an infamous debate from over 10 years ago that since became a running joke on SCM; not sure the original thread has been preserved. He might have moderated his position somewhat since then.

When gave you ever known Ross to “moderate his position”?

He’ll have doubled down and decided that not only do all managers not matter, but they’re all part of an international paedo conspiracy to form a New World Order.... probably.

Probably partly due to the weakened squads of the other already weak sides?

Has Arteta been judged too harshly?

No. Arteta will routinely go 5 games winning against the shit. Then he will come up against a slightly tougher period and lose 5 on the trot. He's done it about half a dozen times in the last couple of years.

No. Arteta will routinely go 5 games winning against the shit. Then he will come up against a slightly tougher period and lose 5 on the trot. He's done it about half a dozen times in the last couple of years.

Like the team he's building though - love martinelli and saka, partey is a solid CM, and Odegaard is talented. The new Japanese RB is solid, as is Tierney and Ben White + Gabriel are holding up most games. I don't get how Ramsdale seems good now -

Jaysis what a thread that was. Speaking of threads, did BrendanJ get banished again?

Like the team he's building though - love martinelli and saka, partey is a solid CM, and Odegaard is talented. The new Japanese RB is solid, as is Tierney and Ben White + Gabriel are holding up most games. I don't get how Ramsdale seems good now -

He's got some good young players, definitely. Some of the football he plays with them, though, is absolutely dour. He's more Moyes than Guardiola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom