• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why can't we sell players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

The Prophet
Suarez aside, why can't we sell the players that Brodge clearly doesn't or shouldn't want?

Aspas
Toure
Agger
Lucas
Borini
Assaidi
Alberto
Reina

I'm sure there are others. Why does no one want to buy these guys? Why do we keep setting up gayarsed loan deals? Every year we get the 'if we sell all these guys, that's an extra 22M or whatever' and then every year they go on loan to Valladolid. Or somewhere.

This baffles me every fucking year.

Yeah this baffles me too. For example Spurs always seem to get good value for their deadwood.

I would guess it's partly because of wages.

Can't be as bad as our record of selling players.
Unless the manager is an old player we sell no one.
And always sell for peanuts

The club is too friendly for its own good. I'm sure other clubs and managers tell their deadwood to "fuck off you fucking shit cunt I'm sick of the fucking sight of you just fuck off will you" on a daily basis. That may help.

yeah shut up you fucking manc twat.

anyway.....

Liverpool have managed to offload Iago Aspas following his one miserable year on Merseyside.
Aspas has joined Sevilla, initially on a year’s loan, but the deal is guaranteed to be made permanent next summer. Aspas will not be returning to Liverpool, and the Merseyside club believe they will recoup most of the £7  million they paid Celta Vigo thanks to the terms of his La Liga return.

that's bascombe

AC Milan supposed to be trying to buy Nani. He is fucking wank. He scored 1 goal last season and 3 the season before.

Assaidi got 5 goals out on loan at Stoke. Why don't they just buy him?

Yeah this baffles me too. For example Spurs always seem to get good value for their deadwood.

I would guess it's partly because of wages.

Aren't Spurs having problems selling Gylfi and Dawson ? They are going to lose a bundle there.

Aren't Spurs having problems selling Gylfi and Dawson ? They are going to lose a bundle there.

Sigurdsson was rumoured to be going to Stoke for 8m, which is close to what Spurs paid for him a couple of seasons ago, so they've actually done well if they move him for that, inflation aside. Dawson went to Spurs in 2005 for 6m then. He spent 9 seasons with them, and even adjusting for inflation, have probably gotten full value from that deal. He might yet move for a few million to a newly-promoted or a relegation-threatened side too.

The better examples for Spurs though, I think, would be Lamela and Soldado. They're gonna have their work cut out shifting those guys to recoup their money unless they explode next season to make up for their no-show in 13/14.

AC Milan supposed to be trying to buy Nani. He is fucking wank. He scored 1 goal last season and 3 the season before.

Assaidi got 5 goals out on loan at Stoke. Why don't they just buy him?

He has injured for a good part of the last two seasons. Don't think he has managed 15 games in either of those two seasons.
Two seasons before that when he was fit and playing he got 10+ goals and the same in assists.
Still only 27 if he stays injury free he would be a decent signing for someone.

Certainly better than a £5m player. What the hell can you get for that these days?

He has injured for a good part of the last two seasons. Don't think he has managed 15 games in either of those two seasons.

Two seasons before that when he was fit and playing he got 10+ goals and the same in assists.

Still only 27 if he stays injury free he would be a decent signing for someone.

Certainly better than a £5m player. What the hell can you get for that these days?

Some guy who contributed towards 20 goals in both his Premier League seasons? :D

rickielambert.jpg

Don't think we're desperate to sell anyone really.

I heard Kolo is on 70k pw though!? Anyone got a decent source on that?

We need to have a squad so we'll only sell if we can replace etc. Think we'll sign a few more players and end up shipping a load of these guys out just before the end of August as per usual

Case in point;

We'll end up paying Swansea 12M for Ben Davies who's played at left-back for 1 year and done nothing extraordinary.

We can't get an offer over 8M for Borini from Sunderland. An Italian international, Sunderland'd top goalscorer last season, and their 'Young Player of the Year'.

We are fucking shite at selling players.

Case in point;

We'll end up paying Swansea 12M for Ben Davies who's played at left-back for 1 year and done nothing extraordinary.

We can't get an offer over 8M for Borini from Sunderland. An Italian international, Sunderland'd top goalscorer last season, and their 'Young Player of the Year'.

We are fucking shite at selling players.

At least we didn't end up loaning Assaidi again which looked odds on. Maybe we'll sell some more on your list. We actually need to hang on to some of these. Lucas for starters. Long and big season coming up. I agree with your general principle though.

Suarez aside, why can't we sell the players that Brodge clearly doesn't or shouldn't want?

Aspas
Toure
Agger
Lucas
Borini
Assaidi
Alberto
Reina

I'm sure there are others. Why does no one want to buy these guys? Why do we keep setting up gayarsed loan deals? Every year we get the 'if we sell all these guys, that's an extra 22M or whatever' and then every year they go on loan to Valladolid. Or somewhere.

This baffles me every fucking year.

So yeah, 2 weeks on and still the same situation.

Why are we so fucking shit at this?

If we could fuck Borini off for 14M, Agger for 8-10M, Assaidi for 7M, and Reina for 4M - that's 35M odd.

I can't understand why this is so hard, and why we're so fucking consistently shite at it every year?

Probably due to how we deal with agents....may be we dont supply the drugs and girls that clubs like Chelsea manage to do?

Most of the top teams in the PL have problems selling unwanted players. Usually because they have failed at the club or their careers are winding down. As far as LFC are concerned I doubt FSG will want to be seen as too soft a touch. It's unlikely though, considering the season ahead, that we will sell as many as we expect.

Aspas - Loaned to Sevilla. Not surprising it's only a loan considering last season. If he returns to his pre-move Spanish form then hopefully Sevilla will buy.
Toure - maybe this situation could become clearer after the USA tour, retain Coates or Ilori and release Toure or retain him as #4/5 CB for a big season ahead.
Agger - see above.
Lucas - Maybe BR is assessing Can, maybe he has another option in mind. It's probable that, barring a very good offer, we want to keep him for next season though.
Borini - Up to him. £14m on the table but it seems he is holding out for a CL team.
Assaidi - £4.5m rising to £7m to Stoke agreed. Personal terms are the sticking point.
Alberto - Loaned to Malaga. Assume we want to keep him and monitor progress not unload a young player after one season.
Reina - Supposedly Napoli want him for a reduced fee to his €3.95m fee. As he is on £5m a year salary we should agree to their reduction and let him go.

You can add unwanted reserves/youth/returning loanees to that list. Seems we are making progress though.

Lucas - Maybe BR is assessing Can, maybe he has another option in mind. It's probable that, barring a very good offer, we want to keep him for next season though.

Just checked and saw that his contract is until end-June 2017, and he's still just 27. I think it's actually useful to keep him here for at least the first half a season to see how things go with injuries and the new guys. He's experienced, so there's no issue about lack of minutes knocking back his development and improvement - it'll just be a matter of match fitness and sharpness. If by January, we've determined that we're okay without him as insurance, then we'll start shopping him around or entertain any offers.

Most of the top teams in the PL have problems selling unwanted players. Usually because they have failed at the club or their careers are winding down. As far as LFC are concerned I doubt FSG will want to be seen as too soft a touch. It's unlikely though, considering the season ahead, that we will sell as many as we expect.

Aspas - Loaned to Sevilla. Not surprising it's only a loan considering last season. If he returns to his pre-move Spanish form then hopefully Sevilla will buy.
Toure - maybe this situation could become clearer after the USA tour, retain Coates or Ilori and release Toure or retain him as #4/5 CB for a big season ahead.
Agger - see above.
Borini - Up to him. £14m on the table but it seems he is holding out for a CL team.
Assaidi - £4.5m rising to £7m to Stoke agreed. Personal terms are the sticking point.
Alberto - Loaned to Malaga. Assume we want to keep him and monitor progress not unload a young player after one season.
Reina - Supposedly Napoli want him for a reduced fee to his €3.95m fee. As he is on £5m a year salary we should agree to their reduction and let him go.

You can add unwanted reserves/youth/returning loanees to that list. Seems we are making progress though.

If Borini is holding out for a CL team, he's deluded. I can't see Chelsea, arsenal or citeh fighting over him. Sunderland is about his level.

Do we make it too obvious that a player is not part of our plans? The players we often want to sell have spent half the season being on the fringes of the squad and so it becomes quite obvious to potential buyers that he is not deemed good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom