• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wigan game thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Is there one?

A game we must take 3 points from, Wigan like to play football and will leave space for us,

I guess that's it.

Like I wrote in Plan B thread, my lineup would be:

-------------Suarez-----------------
Sterling-----Shelvey------Gerrard
----------Şahin-----Henderson-----
Enrique--------------------Johnson
----------Agger-----Skrtel--------
---------------Reina----------------

Suso for Shelvey 60
Allen for Şahin 70
Assaidi or Downing for Gerrard 85

2:0

Massive game for us this week. We HAVE to take 3 points from this and build confidence.

We have to win today. Simples.

Rumoured team:

Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Sterling, Allen, Gerrard, Enrique, Suso, Suarez

I like that team although if that turns out to be true I'll be even more perplexed about the Assaidi situation. Surely he is worth a go on the LW ahead of Enrique even if the latter had a good second half against Chelsea.

Sterling up top is something I like and although I think Suso isn't quite ready to run our attacking game from the middle it's one of those risks you're more willing to accept.

Not a fan of the wing backs formation. But if we're gonna do it then I'd definitely pick Suso ahead of Şahin even if Şahin has more experience. Şahin has been Henderson mark 2 since he's been here. Offering absolutely nothing.

Not a fan of the wing backs formation. But if we're gonna do it then I'd definitely pick Suso ahead of Şahin even if Şahin has more experience. Şahin has been Henderson mark 2 since he's been here. Offering absolutely nothing.
Bit unfair. He's scored 3 goals

I thin Şahin can but he needs a dedicated dm next to him.

While Allen is doing a decent enough job, Şahin needs someone sweeping up and doing the grunt work.

Allen on the other hand has been doing the job of 2 players and largely bypassing Şahin

I'm heading to Liverpool now, watching the North London derby before heading to the match.

So if anyone's around and wants to meet SCM's resident lesbian, let me know!

I like that team although if that turns out to be true I'll be even more perplexed about the Assaidi situation. Surely he is worth a go on the LW ahead of Enrique even if the latter had a good second half against Chelsea.

Sterling up top is something I like and although I think Suso isn't quite ready to run our attacking game from the middle it's one of those risks you're more willing to accept.

Assaidi is apperantly injured. Did his shoulder midweek on international duty.

Looking forward to this one, I hope Downing gets a go at wingback at some stage should Enrique be shite. Am I imagining it or did Kenny give Shelvey a go at left back?

p.s. I'm never up early on a saturday, is Soccer AM always so shit?

A few rumours that Assaidi is starting along with Sterling and Suso.
Doubt it.

To even suggest that Allen isn't starting is madness. He's been our second best player this season.

It's looking like it'll be the team I posted in some thread earlier in the week with Assaidi and Sterling on the wings and Suso as a number 10, great move from Rodgers if true. I hope Assaidi is fit though, wouldn't be gutted if he's injured when he's going to start, rumour has it Enrique will replace him on the wing if he is so.

@Musker_LFC

Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Suso, Sterling, Assaidi, Suarez

Appaz

I'm heading to Liverpool now, watching the North London derby before heading to the match.

So if anyone's around and wants to meet SCM's resident lesbian, let me know!

Red Astaire is meeting sunny in the Harry before the match, I'm sure they'll be glad to see you.

@Musker_LFC

Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Suso, Sterling, Assaidi, Suarez

Appaz

Thats much better. Suso behind Assaidi Suarez Sterling is something I like forward to seeing.

Good thing that Assaidi wasnt badly injured

I understand we probably don't have much choice, but I don't think Wisdom is anywhere near good enough to play regularly for our first team. Not sure if I prefer Enrique, but neither of those two are good enough at the moment. Needs to be addressed, hopefully already in January.

@Musker_LFC

Appaz
I'm never a fan of Gerrard in central midfield, but that looks very good otherwise.

Two wingers who can run at defenders with pace! A moment worth crying for for a Liverpool fan.

No disrespect to the lad intended however I'm unsure that Wisdom currently justifies switching Johnson to the left and excluding Enrique.

I think suso and sterling will both be a epic pass but unfortunately with no disrespect wisdom is gonna trip up!!;)2-0 Liverpool Suarez scores and Gerrard scores a wicked free kick.Reina starts and keeps a clean sheet.

LFC team to face Wigan: Reina, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Allen, Gerrard, Enrique, Suso, Sterling, Suarez.

Actual team

A win to shut big mouth Dave whealen is required.

I hear you, it bugs me that a fucking no-mark like that jumped up market stall holder should even dare to speak our name in the press.... i cant stand the cunt... and to think it wasnt so long ago i was reading people on here defending him.

Im all sorted for this evening.... home and hosed, my pet mutt happily chewing away on a bone, eaten well, fully in Arm-chair mode beers at icy ready and not having to get up only 5 hours after it finishes is a boon....

nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom