• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

wigan ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a tale of two halves mate - First half we were woeful hardly creating anything. Second half we were spectacular. I was watching from the Kop so it's difficult to get an overall ratings like I would if I saw it on the telly. I will say this though. Suarez was amazing - The amount of running and work rate was unbelievable. He was closely followed by Sterling who just got better and better and then there was Enrique. He was fantastic! Pretty much everyone agreed after the game how surprised they were by how good he was.

Honourable mention also to Allen. He was strong in the tackle and composed in his passing. I know that's not really a ratings but it's the best I can do.

Ta mate, appreiciate your views. Disappointed in Suso as apparently he was playing centre and after he went off we played well. How was he in the middle? How was Reina too?

Suso looked ok to me - His injury happened at the other end of the pitch so I didn't see it. Henderson who came on for him really tightened up the midfield I thought. He played more central and Gerrard moved up a bit. This worked well overall.

Reina was solid - To be fair though Wigan were pretty awful in terms of attacking. It was pretty clear they came for the draw. I think they only had a couple of shots on target and both were easily kept out by Reina.

Hmmmm - At the time I thought he took a knock and was taken off as a precaution but BR's comments after the match seem to suggest it was tactical. This is good because we immediately looked better. Fair play to him.

I think Suso was one of the brighter lights in the first half whereas Gerrard was making several bad passes; he was just unlucky that he started the game with Gerrard and Allen, so that when Rodgers wanted to tighten the midfield, he was always the one who was most likely to get hooked. Turned out well in the end but him being taken off early shouldn't be taken as a sign of him having a bad performance.

The match was OK actually apart from sitting next to some chirpy London bloke who didnt shut up all game :p. Mind you that might be my inbuilt disgust for OOTers

Pretty much what Red Astaire said though

Rodgers earned himself a lot of credit yesterday. Although he doesn't seem blessed with any great intelligence, he does learn from his experiences and manages to solve problems quickly enough. Many lesser managers have just stood there like utter morons writing stuff down into their fucking notebook whilst their team was being victimized.

The match was OK actually apart from sitting next to some chirpy London bloke who didnt shut up all game :p. Mind you that might be my inbuilt disgust for OOTers

Pretty much what Red Astaire said though
Ha ha - I was a little excitable but to be fair I did have a 7ft Viking sitting next to me so who can blame me.....

Rodgers earned himself a lot of credit yesterday. Although he doesn't seem blessed with any great intelligence, he does learn from his experiences and manages to solve problems quickly enough. Many lesser managers have just stood there like utter morons writing stuff down into their fucking notebook whilst their team was being victimized.

LOL, what are you basing that on?

clinton_you_da_man_medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom