• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Will Daniel Sturridge ever play for us again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you're saying, but I think there are plenty of players our there that play through worse injuries than sturridge. I've had chronic shin splints for 20+ years and have been able to run and even manage the pain, I've also had plantar fasciitis at times, and ran through that too. I've always found with my pain it's always if I've wanted something bad enough, can I push through it. Sturridge has had loads of these strains and sprains in different parts of his body, not many tears or breaks. I presume most top football players play through some sort of soreness or pain in most games, whether it's bruises/soreness/sprains/strains from exertion in training or the previous game. You've seen players from the last generation finish games with gashes, staples in, breaks, dislocations, even broken necks.
I thought that anti inflammatory diet was just the same as a normal healthy balanced diet? Like making sure you have fibre, fruit and veg, the right fats/oils?

What injuries do you think he could play through ?

I think its clear he has played (badly) through injuries at times. But people just call him lazy when he does that.

I don't doubt that there is some truth in that old adage about "some players only want to play when they are 100%, and that's unreasonable" or "some players are able to play with pain better than others" - and certainly that's been aimed at Sturridge before, not least by his current manager - but I think it's a bit simplistic to simply say that Sturridge is some kind of pain-averse lightweight who needs to just "toughen up a bit", or whatever.

I think its clear he has played (badly) through injuries at times. But people just call him lazy when he does that.

I can't remember all of them as there's been so many, but possibly quite a few where it's been a knock or a mild strain. And wasn't he 'ill' for a couple of weeks in Feb? Not sure what that was but I bet he could have played through it. Also, there's an element as Brendan mentioned above, only wanting to play at 100% - so we're in the shit, don't have any strikers, but he's not keen to play as he's only at 80%? 80% of sturridge is better than 100% of origi.
Klopp has full visibility of sturridge in training, and would no doubt get full medical reports on him whenever he's got his weekly injury, and he's alluded to several times that he's been as good as fit as far as training and the medical team are concerned but wont play.

I thought the game against Sevilla more or less summed up his decline. He'd become a luxury, scored a belter but didn't really aid a system that had become reliant on a workhorse who would press from the front. His injuries have just meant he's going to work even less to maintain his fitness and avoid injury, which is no good for us.

It's a massive shame because he's one of the most talented strikers we've seen. We've had too many talents who have been finished off early by injury.

There's more a real sense of anxiety about him these days, which I guess is pretty hard to overcome. We saw it in Owen after that terrible hamstring tear, while running at full speed, against Leeds. Everything after that that was once instinctive was now premeditated. I think Studge looks as bemused about his body as the fitness people are. He's become his own puzzle.

I thought the game against Sevilla more or less summed up his decline. He'd become a luxury, scored a belter but didn't really aid a system that had become reliant on a workhorse who would press from the front. His injuries have just meant he's going to work even less to maintain his fitness and avoid injury, which is no good for us.

It's a massive shame because he's one of the most talented strikers we've seen. We've had too many talents who have been finished off early by injury.

The fact that he's never been able to complete a preseason also means that he's playing catch up fitnes wise all through the season. His goalrecord for us is out of this World, so it just feels like what could have been. Shame.

Tired of everyone always talking about Sturridge, we moved on from him years ago... yet when the line up is announced it's still ''where's sturridge.''

@Rosco Since the big bad mod has me banned from his thread and I can't reply in that.
I've a better likes to post ratio than you or Mark.
So deal with the facts Jabba.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@Rosco Since the big bad mod has me banned from his thread and I can't reply in that.

Nah nah nah nah nah

Leo, how old are you really? Come on tell us, it will sure explain a few things. Maybe we can forgive you for being a tedious little brat.

Leo, how old are you really? Come on tell us, it will sure explain a few things. Maybe we can forgive you for being a tedious little brat.
Why would I bother?
Let the big boys play now Raz.
You're irrelevant around here.

Tired of everyone always talking about Sturridge, we moved on from him years ago... yet when the line up is announced it's still ''where's sturridge.''

Are you trapped in time or something? No one says that these days. And even the media seems to have forgotten him. That's the point, not the opposite.

Whilst he's here, there's no use moaning or crying we should make the most of the opportunity to learn and experiment with new innovative medical techniques.

Hahahaha. Laughs from beyond the grave!

She hasn't - if you look up what the anti inflammatory diet is you'll see she doesn't push it.

Its just evidence that we're still about 5 years behind the elite athletes when it comes to nutrition.

There is a line in the article which mirrors something a nutritionist I spoke to mentioned re Man City. Her friend worked there and was in a few days a week providing players with options who pretty much ignored the advice. I don't know if it's changed this season but I agree re nutrition and where we are currently at.

Leo sounds very needy. There's some serious small man, inferiority complex shit going on... Hmmmmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom