• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wimbledon

Nah Murry wont make the final....when push comes to shove theres still quite a distance between him and the trio of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic!!

I was just watching a bit there , that bird Dokic is playing and the female commentator goes " she's reasonably young I guess , 28 or so " ! .
So in football 28 is considered a peak age but in Tennis it is sort of old , especially for women . Has it always been that way or is this something new ? Seems lots of the women retire really young now , at 25 or 26 , why is that ? because they play so much each year and it takes it's toll or ?

the amount of games they have to play is ridiculous. The reason the Williams sisters aren't as higher ranked is because they only play in the major tournaments, as they have enough money off sponsorships and what have you to not bother trying to win ATP matches.

[quote author=SummerOnions link=topic=45799.msg1352359#msg1352359 date=1308589934]
the amount of games they have to play is ridiculous. The reason the Williams sisters aren't as higher ranked is because they only play in the major tournaments, as they have enough money off sponsorships and what have you to not bother trying to win ATP matches.
[/quote]

Yeah i guess the amount they play is the main reason , it seems an awful lot , especially if you're winning things .

With the women , where strength isn't as much of a factor and they start insanely young , i guess it has to be mental fatigue also . In all line of industry , sport, entertainment etc , it's obviously very common that young stars end up going nuts or burning out .

And why are so many players , especially the women , coached by their parents ? . Seems a bit mad , all these parents who push their kids so much from an early age . Ok money is a major motivation but with others it just seems they are scarily competitive .

Agility is essential for tennis, it begins to worsen at a reasonably young age.

Don't wana take it too far off topic, but I was listening to 5live the other night and they had a cage fighter on there.
He said that people were able to longer in his sport because they have less injuries, the injuries they do get are visable a broken nose, bruises etc which heal quickly and are superficial. Even things like breaks tend to be clean and often heal after a few months.
Thing is with footballers and tennis players (I assume) etc the turning and short sprints take their toll on muscles, ligaments and tendons once those are messed up its very difficult for them to heal enough to compete at top level sports again.

That was his theory anyways.

[quote author=Y1 link=topic=45799.msg1353174#msg1353174 date=1308721249]
Murray will choke again.
[/quote]

Bit harsh, don't you think? While it could be argued that he failed to produce his best tennis, he got to the semis last year and was beaten by Nadal, the eventual winner. Hardly a disgrace.

Murray will choke again.
[/quote]

Lets hope so.

I couldn't bear the media and posh people going into overdrive.

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=45799.msg1353242#msg1353242 date=1308740450]
Murray will choke again.
[/quote]

Bit harsh, don't you think? While it could be argued that he failed to produce his best tennis, he got to the semis last year and was beaten by Nadal, the eventual winner. Hardly a disgrace.
[/quote]

Choked in the final of Aussie open and US open?

Dokic or something like that wasn't bad unless i got her mixed up with who she was playing or i saw her next to the williams sisters and she looked perfect.

[quote author=SummerOnions link=topic=45799.msg1353891#msg1353891 date=1308829075]
Dokic or something like that wasn't bad unless i got her mixed up with who she was playing or i saw her next to the williams sisters and she looked perfect.
[/quote]

She's piled on the weight, and was playing the frankly cringingly repulsive Schiavone.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=45799.msg1355119#msg1355119 date=1309010800]
Nalbandian v Federer.

"Why is Dirk Kuyt playing tennis Dad?"
[/quote]

Ha !

Tomic has taken the second set and is a break up in the third. Impressive performance, although Djokevic looks a little subdued.

Both games have been pretty good.

Tomic is going to be a terrific player, isn't he?

What do i know....i thought Ernest Gulbis was going to be a great player after that US open he had where he was taking it Roddick in the quarterfinals.

Back
Top Bottom