• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Winger Herrara from Pachuca to Liverpool ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Yesterday saw news break that Liverpool were interested in young Mexican winger Hector Herrera and that contact had already been made with his club, Pachuca, before a summer transfer.
The club's director spoke to ESPN and was quoted by Goal.com and others as saying "At the moment, we know that Liverpool is interested. But that's all it is at this point, an interest.
"If (he leaves), it will be thanks to a sale. We will not loan him out or send him for a trial. Can surely be one of the Premier League's best players in two or three seasons. He's that good."
High praise indeed and an exciting winger would be a good addition to Liverpool's squad of players for next season. The news has got back to the player and he isn't backwards at coming forwards when talking about how he sees the interest, he told El Universal "It is more concrete and can be a good opportunity for Liverpool to be another of my big dreams and big goals I have.
So if Liverpool's interest in Herrera is genuine then it seems the feeling is mutual. The young winger helped Mexico qualify for this summer's Olympic football tournament and Liverpool fans may be able to get to see him playing over here should he be picked for the squad.

Liverpool target Hector Herrera has admitted he met an Anfield scout and that he is now ready to move to a bigger club.

The 21-year-old midfielder, who plays for Mexican side Pachuca, is rumoured to be wanted by the Reds and that interest now appears to be confirmed.

Herrera told reporters: "I was only introduced to him, he didn't tell me anything specific."

Andres Fassi, Pachuca’s executive director, announced that the Merseyside club have priority in signing the midfielder but insisted that no offer is yet to be made.

He also confirmed that a Liverpool scout had been keeping tabs on Herrera.

"We have a sort of deal between the two clubs, in that Liverpool would be the first in line should the player emigrate to Europe," Fassi revealed.

"There's no formal offer yet, only interest, no verbal agreement or pre-contract.

"Liverpool's people came to Mexico on a general scouting trip, there's a declared interest in Herrera.

"Their scout was here for four practice sessions and now they want to watch him in the Olympic Games."

Herrera, meanwhile, conceded that he is likely to move on from his current club Pachuca in the hope to fulfil his ambition of playing in Europe but the midfielder is waiting to see if Fassi can negotiate a deal with Liverpool.

"I don't have a particular club I'd like to go to, but I would love to play for a big club, I don't want to go to a smaller club," Herrera added.

"I found out about the [Liverpool interest], I haven't been told anything concrete yet and I'll have to wait to see what [Fassi] says about it.

"I think it's a great opportunity, it's one of my dreams to play in Europe."

The Mexico under-23 star is confident he can cope with the demands of European football too.

He said: "I feel capable enough to migrate to European football, the fact that they're following me gives me extra motivation to say that I can aspire to important things."

I know nothing about this lad... But i can feel it in my guts, he is going to be great for us, mainly because he is not british.

Sign sign sign...

Guess his valuation must have increased by a couple of million.

Won the Meilleur joueur award (the most outstanding player) of the 2012 Toulon Tournament. The Mexico U23 team won the tournament too.

Pachuca duo Marco Bueno and Hector Herrera have been identified as targets for Liverpool and Manchester United, the club's chairman Jesus Martinez Patino has revealed.

The Anfield outfit were previously the only side to express an interest in both players, according to the Mexican team's officials, but the Red Devils are now also tracking the two youngsters.

"It's not just Liverpool. Manchester United are also after Marco and Hector," said Jesus Martinez Patino to Raza Deportiva.

"However, we're of the thinking that they must first consolidate themselves in Mexico," the chairman added.

Herrera, the oldest of the pair at 22, is currently with the Mexico U-23 contingent in Toulon that will play the prestigious French tournament's final on June 1. The central midfielder was also signalled as one of El Tri's key players during the pre-Olympic qualifying tournament that secured a spot in London 2012.

Bueno starred for Mexico's U-17 team last year when the North Americans won the World Cup at home, beating Uruguay 2-0 at the Estadio Azteca. After the tournament, Liverpool took him on trial for a period over the summer.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4BgyduQdrM

According to reports Pachuca will fight to keep winger Hector Herrera.

The club’s vice-president, Andres Fassi, has revealed that the Mexico international is a target for Manchester United, Liverpool and Udinese.

He said: “Those who have shown interest are the people of Liverpool and the people of Udinese, there is also a great relationship with the people of Manchester United and of course they have tried. The thing with Manchester is that they handle with great discretion all these situations."

"Hector is definitely staying with Pachuca, he is a player that has made a stunning rise, who has much to do in Mexican soccer in the league and the national team, now in the Under-23s and probably with this pace in the national team.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom