• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wolves (H) 10 September 2022 15:00 pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm now massively contended

Whilst not a monarchist I appreciate the subtle balance that QEII has managed for many, many years
Her sons are nowhere near her in personality, state craft or capability

I do think it is right we mark her passing, she ascended the throne when 1 in 10 in the population still believed the monarch was descended from 'God'. A young woman in the '50s with that much expectation on her shoulders is ridiculous. In the 70 years she's held the title she has never wavered. Her stock now is still amongst the highest in the world as an agnostic world leader. Kudos!

But does it really mean we need to put serious economic decisions on hold, do we need to suspend some of our national pursuits that bring pleasure and do we need to take a national day off (40 million working days) to mark her passing? We mark armistice day as a working day so can't we do something similar?

We seem to have already decided with fuck all complaint so ... I guess I'm in the minority

@momoWASboss I know the weekends only just started but I feel obliged to check up on your hourly if possible at least until football begins again, I know this is a hard painful stressful time for you and I wish to extend my services of comfort to ease this suffering you may or may not be going through.

I may end up watching other sports that were not subject to postponement.

And look how much of a cunt our club is.

[article]

On Friday Premier League clubs were forced to decide whether to compensate casual workers expecting to be paid at their stadiums over the next three days as they began donating food bought for their postponed home matches.

The Guardian established that Manchester City would pay all their casual staff – more than 1,000 – and that Fulham would pay the casual matchday staff they directly employ. Of other clubs who responded, Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Liverpool and Arsenal said they would not make payments now because casual staff would be paid when these cancelled games are played.
[/article]

Liverpool: Alisson, Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas , Fabinho, Thiago, Elliott, Diaz, Salah, Jota.
Subs: Adrian, Davies, Milner, Firmino, Robertson, Nunez, Arthur, Alexander-Arnold, Bajcetic, Phillips.

I may end up watching other sports that were not subject to postponement.

And look how much of a cunt our club is.

[article]

On Friday Premier League clubs were forced to decide whether to compensate casual workers expecting to be paid at their stadiums over the next three days as they began donating food bought for their postponed home matches.

The Guardian established that Manchester City would pay all their casual staff – more than 1,000 – and that Fulham would pay the casual matchday staff they directly employ. Of other clubs who responded, Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Liverpool and Arsenal said they would not make payments now because casual staff would be paid when these cancelled games are played.
[/article]

If this was a small business, I would agree, but we are NOT. So to save a few grand like this? Surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom