• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Women’s World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also this:
[article]Last week Rubiales found himself at the centre of new misogyny allegations after the general director of the Futbolistas ON players’ union, Tamara Ramos, alleged that Rubiales had made obscene comments to her when they worked together at the Spanish footballers’ association, including asking what colour her underwear was.
[/article]

Well, for one thing he was holding his crotch during the game while standing in the box with the Spanish Queen and her teenage daughter:
F4DsCAIXkAAwmIk

Then during the trophy presentation even before he got to Hermoso he made people watching the presentation uncomfortable by being way too touchy-touchy with the players, kissing their necks and holding for too long.

And judging by the reaction of the women’s team and others, this was just a last straw in a string of many incidents that were not public rather than a simple misunderstanding. By all accounts, he is a toxic, vindictive, self-centered man who will take everyone down with him when faced with losing power. Latest case in point:
Again that picture is a bit misleading from what I saw.

If it was the same footage I saw, he grabbed it for less than a second almost like he had an itch.

That picture makes it look like he grabbed it and thrust forward in a lewd gesture. That isn't what I saw.

But if there were multiple occasions then yeah not on.

The German lad was sniffing his own shit with actual people watching a men's footy match and even he got a new contract, so I don't think a bit of Tom Jones ball grabbing is gonna be the final straw

I have absolutely no idea what on earth could be so good about being head of the body which governs the affairs of Barcelona and Real Madrid, that would drive someone to starve their own mother just to try and hang on to that job?

33281162_2.jpg

I have absolutely no idea what on earth could be so good about being head of the body which governs the affairs of Barcelona and Real Madrid, that would drive someone to starve their own mother just to try and hang on to that job?

33281162_2.jpg
Fucking hell.. Brendan Rodgers is out of control.

I don't know what to make of this, is she in shock? Her teammates making fun of the whole thing, she's laughing about it.

There is also this:
[article]Last week Rubiales found himself at the centre of new misogyny allegations after the general director of the Futbolistas ON players’ union, Tamara Ramos, alleged that Rubiales had made obscene comments to her when they worked together at the Spanish footballers’ association, including asking what colour her underwear was.
[/article]

Also if she wore kneepads to meetings (allegedly)

he was also getting a little hansy with other players, and carried one player on his shoulders.

Can't be doing that kind of thing.

I kinda get what Modo is saying, heat of the moment and all that, but I also know there's no fucking way I'd have done it. Especially now, but I wouldn't have done it thirty years ago either. It's a total abuse of power.

In thirty years of employing people I've never even pecked any member of staff on the cheek. I've had it the other way round when something has gone really well or really badly but I've never reciprocated because there's clearly a dynamic at play. He's a fucking wrongun.
Bingo.

I don't know what to make of this, is she in shock? Her teammates making fun of the whole thing, she's laughing about it.

Jesus Modo you really are looking to defend this guy here.
It’s perfectly normal for people to deflect humiliation and embarrassment like this.

I feel like there was a post in here that got deleted.

If it was - that was probably a very, very good idea.

Finally saw a clip of the incident and feel as though taken on its own, it’s been blown out of all proportion. “Assault”… come on, it was a peck in the heat of the moment. He shouldn’t have done it but some perspective needed.

That said, the guy is clearly an wrongun as has been said and has handled it in the worst way possible. Amazed he’s still hanging on with everything around him burning to the ground.

Jesus Modo you really are looking to defend this guy here.
It’s perfectly normal for people to deflect humiliation and embarrassment like this.
No, I'm just not as quick to judge as you are.

Maybe a dingo really took the baby?

In other news Ireland sacked their womens team manager (well, didn't renew her contract), despite her being the first manager to take them to a major tournament finals.

The «just a peck» wont work in 2023, and it shouldnt either.
Its obviously been blown out of proportions when assult is thrown into the mix, but its not the 1960s anymore where you could do just about anything as a man and get away with it.

Kissing someone on lips isnt okay and he should be punished for it in some capacity, but its quite mental to see how both sides escalate in their defence.
Its a sign of the times we live in.

There has been some talk about bribes and stuff with this guy in the past so he’d obviously a bad one.
Football will be a better place without him.

No, I'm just not as quick to judge as you are.

Maybe a dingo really took the baby?
You hasn’t kept up to date with the story, I had, that’s the difference. You now know everything and are still looking to poke holes in her rather that look at the real issue.
Touché for the dingo reference though ha!

In other news Ireland sacked their womens team manager (well, didn't renew her contract), despite her being the first manager to take them to a major tournament finals.
That was very likely when the players didn’t publicly back her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom